Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AAA Semifinals: Boyle County at Elizabethtown
Boyle rolls 35-16
Etown is well coached, gritty, and will play a smart football game.

With that said, Boyle is too stout at the LOS and have too much depth. Close for a Half, Boyle opens it up late. Boyle by 21
Closer than you think but Boyle wins in the end, Boyle 36 ETown 21
The enrollment numbers for all public school districts in the state are on the KDE website. The information that is sent to KHSAA is from the Growth Factor Ethnic Membership Report. These reports are reflective of the first two months of each school year. The reports should be posted on the website by around December 1st for the current school year.
When is the next realignment?
mysonis55 Wrote:Etown 35-21

:dontthink
smoke1015 Wrote:I'll be glad when Boyle goes back to 4A. Still hard to believe a county that populated, also with some pretty good achievements academically, is in 3A. The next realignment is going to be interesting. I also thing that schools should be checked each year. It's hard to compete with 3A schools who have 70+ kids.

it is strange to see a 3A team with 100 players while a 5A team has 60 players Smile
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This coming from the guy who accuses EVERY team in the state that is better than his of recruiting. I was just kidding around, and clarified when I realized that someone had taken it defferenrly than I intended. You would know about someone talking out their butt though, it seems to be the only thing you do.

I don't accuse anything. I state facts which you don't like is why you get defensive and argue every time.I don't know what defferennrly means. slurred text maybe.
Kicking game. Both have them. After a score each team is going to have to go 80 yards. If they don't and punt? Both have those, also. Field position could be very key.

What's getting lost in all of this is E-town's defense.

Paducah Tilghman, Caldwell County and Glasgow (their last regular season who by the way is playing in another semifinal this week) have COMBINED for a whopping 18 points.

The Panthers can play defense, too.

The ONLY way this gets lopsided if some crazy things happen to blow it open. Case in point, last week in the E-town/Caldwell game. E-town was/is the better team...let us not lose sight of that, but they were up 14-0 on Caldwell and HADN'T RAN A PLAY ON OFFENSE yet.

If turnovers are at a minimum or none; there is absolutely NO WAY this will be a pistol whipping for either team. IF it is (by the layout I have given); then serve up my crow with the KFC Original Recipe.
WhoYaWith Wrote:The enrollment numbers for all public school districts in the state are on the KDE website. The information that is sent to KHSAA is from the Growth Factor Ethnic Membership Report. These reports are reflective of the first two months of each school year. The reports should be posted on the website by around December 1st for the current school year.

Yeah buddy.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't accuse anything. I state facts which you don't like is why you get defensive and argue every time.I don't know what defferennrly means. slurred text maybe.

That's why kids go to Corbin, to spell like that! :redboxer: Higher edgeyouvacation
Rebel55 Wrote:I was curious as to where Boyle was on enrollment. After looking at the KHSAA website I've found some of these figures interesting on the 4 remaining teams. I have no clue as to what or where Boyle stands on the next real alignment.

2013-14 Boys Enrollment: Boyle 378, Corbin 409, E-Town 380, Central 411
2012-13 Boys Enrollment: Boyle 390, Corbin 417, E-Town 397, Central 419
2011-12 Boys Enrollment: Boyle 427, Corbin 375, E-Town 380, Central 397
2010-11 Boys Enrollment: Boyle 445, Corbin 369, E-Town 369, Central 403

13-14 and 12-13 Boyle had the smallest Boys enrollment of the 4 remaining teams. The boy/girl ratio at Boyle has changed towards the girls side. Guess that's a good thing if you're a boy at Boyle. I wanted all Boys but the good lord gave me 3 girls to 1 boy.

Danville Christian Academy did start a high school in the middle of these 4 years. I'm guessing maybe that could be a reason for some of Boyle's decline in Boys.
Ah, now that's pretty interesting. Did ladies stop birthing boys up in Rebel country? Lol. I have nothing against Boyle, pretty big fan actually, even if I did go to more Admiral games...One time, one run in with some dude from Junction City during a youth league game is the only thing I've ever experienced negatively in Boyle country. Worked at American Greetings for years so I had to become at least a little bit of a supporter for both teams in Title Town. Plus my dentist is Reece Smith's mom...so...For us I'd love to see all the crazy powerhouse 3A teams move to 4A, and give us a chance. The only thing, Central is always going to hold their male enrollment down, and most of the boys in their school system are playing some sport...Not the hardest thing in the world to lie about these things, haha. I will say this, we are too dumb (I mean honest) to lie. We could have won middle school state in a lower class, we were 5 kids too many to be in the lowest class...
smoke1015 Wrote:I'll be glad when Boyle goes back to 4A. Still hard to believe a county that populated, also with some pretty good achievements academically, is in 3A. The next realignment is going to be interesting. I also thing that schools should be checked each year. It's hard to compete with 3A schools who have 70+ kids.

What does academic achievement have to do with the number of kids you have in a school? Also in another post you say it's easy to lie about these things !!! You actually think the school could tell the state it has 100 less boys in it that it actually has ????? All school records are now kept on computers. Did you know that. There isn't some old lady running copies on a hand cranked copier with carbon paper any longer. You think there are a bunch of boys who will not be able to apply for financial aid because they were part of the hidden bunch and not on the "books". Geez I'm pretty sure Boyle would rather be in 4A to be honest. They whipped 2 of the 4 final 4 teams already this year. Maybe we could have an assembly so you can come to the school and count them. BTW, Southwestern in Pulaski County started practice this year with 38 kids. Added about 10 or 11 when school started but never hit more than 50. They are a large 5A school.
smoke1015 Wrote:That's why kids go to Corbin, to spell like that! :redboxer: Higher edgeyouvacation

It's called a typographical error, or "typo" for short. the word I meant to type was "differently" but by the time I realized the error it was too late to edit the post. Come on bro, don't lay down with trolls like dougie. He'll rub off on you and you'll start to get a reputation. Before you know it your posts will also be the ones everybody skips over.
pjdoug Wrote:it is strange to see a 3A team with 100 players while a 5A team has 60 players Smile

When you see a 3A team with 70 + players Alot times it's a testament to how involved the high school coaches are in the youth of the community and the youth football league. besides Boyle has always been a football school and community.
64black&gold Wrote:What does academic achievement have to do with the number of kids you have in a school? Also in another post you say it's easy to lie about these things !!! You actually think the school could tell the state it has 100 less boys in it that it actually has ????? All school records are now kept on computers. Did you know that. There isn't some old lady running copies on a hand cranked copier with carbon paper any longer. You think there are a bunch of boys who will not be able to apply for financial aid because they were part of the hidden bunch and not on the "books". Geez I'm pretty sure Boyle would rather be in 4A to be honest. They whipped 2 of the 4 final 4 teams already this year. Maybe we could have an assembly so you can come to the school and count them. BTW, Southwestern in Pulaski County started practice this year with 38 kids. Added about 10 or 11 when school started but never hit more than 50. They are a large 5A school.

Ive been saying this for years. The only difference between a 3A and 5A school is that the 5A schools have a lot more students that skateboard and play video games ect. If you look at the football teams there is just not much difference between the number of players. Kids do not want to be practice dummies any more. So if they are not a major contributor on game nights they choose to do other things with their time. That's why a 3A school with a winning tradition will have more players than a run of the mill 6A school.
It also helps to play as many kids as you can one way. Can't complain about kids not coming out when you only have 15 kids getting playing time.
I think one of the main reasons for Boyle's success this season has been that most players don't go both ways. This will pay big dividends this weekend against E-Town.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:It's called a typographical error, or "typo" for short. the word I meant to type was "differently" but by the time I realized the error it was too late to edit the post. Come on bro, don't lay down with trolls like dougie. He'll rub off on you and you'll start to get a reputation. Before you know it your posts will also be the ones everybody skips over.

You got back in the groove after you sobered up and found a dictionary.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:It also helps to play as many kids as you can one way. Can't complain about kids not coming out when you only have 15 kids getting playing time.

I have to agree 100 % .
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Kicking game. Both have them. After a score each team is going to have to go 80 yards. If they don't and punt? Both have those, also. Field position could be very key.

What's getting lost in all of this is E-town's defense.

Paducah Tilghman, Caldwell County and Glasgow (their last regular season who by the way is playing in another semifinal this week) have COMBINED for a whopping 18 points.

The Panthers can play defense, too.

The ONLY way this gets lopsided if some crazy things happen to blow it open. Case in point, last week in the E-town/Caldwell game. E-town was/is the better team...let us not lose sight of that, but they were up 14-0 on Caldwell and HADN'T RAN A PLAY ON OFFENSE yet.

If turnovers are at a minimum or none; there is absolutely NO WAY this will be a pistol whipping for either team. IF it is (by the layout I have given); then serve up my crow with the KFC Original Recipe.

Boyle’s Defense has been just as good. Held Danville to 10 points. Check out what they did to Collins and Wayne County who are also still playing.

Won’t mention their defensive efforts against Waggoner and Lex Cath.
Boyle by 10
is any radio station streaming this game
thanks on short notice