Poll: Who will win
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle county
13.64%
Wayne county
86.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County @ Wayne County 11/10
kapcat Wrote:Only thing rock win is tearing down somebody else's banner terrible sportsmanship displayed......

Look Wayne's spirit line was stretched out to the 50, if there banner would have been at the end of their line this wouldn't have been a problem. instead the banner was placed at the end of Rockcastle spirit line at the 30. there was a 30 yard gap between each line. it was 110% Wayne's fault. the youtube video shows that.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Look Wayne's spirit line was stretched out to the 50, if there banner would have been at the end of their line this wouldn't have been a problem. instead the banner was placed at the end of Rockcastle spirit line at the 30. there was a 30 yard gap between each line. it was 110% Wayne's fault. the youtube video shows that.

Where is this youtube video? I can not find it. From the pictures it sure looks like one team was crowded.
Hopefully Round 2 is a good enough game that we don't have to debate the appropriateness and sportsmanship of proper banner etiquette next week. lol
Rebel55 Wrote:Where is this youtube video? I can not find it. From the pictures it sure looks like one team was crowded.

Wayne does this every home game pretty sure and they are 100% wrong too
They take 80 yards of field
I bet Wayne will continue to do the normal but I bet Rock won't run through Wayne's banner again.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:

Thanks for sharing.
That film sure explains a lot. Wayne County had their banner on the thirty yard line on the Rockcastle side. Rock's banner is actually on their own goal line. It was just a big mess with both spirit lines in the center of the field. If Wayne was wanting to go that far out, they should have staggered both team lines over to opposite hash marks. I see now how Rockcastle could run through the banner. Both teams being similiar in colors in the spirit line, it looked the Rock spirit line to the kids running through there in the front. I KNOW the Rock coaches have respect for the Wayne coaches and I'm certain it wasn't on purpose. I just never understood how it accidentally happened until I saw this film.
Cardinals can't have the whole field Smile
Wayne Co. has always had a long line it's their home field I'm pretty sure they can continue there tradition and not stop because Rock desided to be disrespectful about it!! You don't see Wayne doing crap such as running through a banner kids worked hard to make through the week!! I'm sure the Cards will make a statement once again this week banner or no banner!!!
Until this incident I thought the rule was that you don't cross the 50. Must be an unwritten rule. When players or teams cross the 50 in college games it usually results in an altercation. Probably wise to keep the 50 as a boundary to eliminate pregame incidents. IMO
I'm wondering if Wayne Co, got permission from the University of Louisville to use their trademarked Cardinal head?
wfan18 Wrote:Wayne Co. has always had a long line it's their home field I'm pretty sure they can continue there tradition and not stop because Rock desided to be disrespectful about it!! You don't see Wayne doing crap such as running through a banner kids worked hard to make through the week!! I'm sure the Cards will make a statement once again this week banner or no banner!!!

if they do the same thing again Rock might run through their banner again. lol
oldschool77 Wrote:Until this incident I thought the rule was that you don't cross the 50. Must be an unwritten rule. When players or teams cross the 50 in college games it usually results in an altercation. Probably wise to keep the 50 as a boundary to eliminate pregame incidents. IMO

I'm a fan of the Wayne County program, but crossing well beyond the 50 seems in your face and getting in your personal space. What happens if somebody gets in your personal space? You knock them out of it. lol
ColtPride Wrote:I'm wondering if Wayne Co, got permission from the University of Louisville to use their trademarked Cardinal head?

You mean Mayfield doesn't own the rights? :biglmao:
How about they just play the game and see what flipping happens. The "banner incident" could've been avoided several ways, but wasn't, so please move on. I PROMISE I'm more worried about seeing which team plays well and executes their game-plan. That certainly "poked" the Cards, but need I remind everyone that "emotion" resulted in a whopping 3 points the first half. Play the game, play it hard, bust each other in the mouth, but for the love of all things HOLY please just play the game. The scoreboard should do all the talking.
As I said earlier hopefully the game is worth talking about instead of pregame banner etiquette. Two good football teams. Rock has to defend the pass better and get more pressure on Linsey or he will pick them apart. Offense has to punch it in in the red zone unlike last game.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:

Thank You for the link. It shows what happened.
Sorry to rock nation if I said anything negative about Rock in the past over this incident. The video shines a new light on the incident.

I think the score will be Wayne 35-21 in the fourth quarter but habits are hard to break so when the final horn blows Wayne will win 41-6.
you guys think your tired of hearing about it. Rock has had to hear about the banner incident in every thread since the last two met. We shall move on. looking forward to Friday. Wayne is as solid as they come, line is discipline, Skill guys are very dangerous, QB is D-1 in my opinion (i dont know if he has any offers). Rock will have to play mistake free ball to pull this one out and just have fun.
I think they won't do that again scoreboard reflected to that....
kapcat Wrote:I think they won't do that again scoreboard reflected to that....

We wil see friday
oldschool77 Wrote:Until this incident I thought the rule was that you don't cross the 50. Must be an unwritten rule. When players or teams cross the 50 in college games it usually results in an altercation. Probably wise to keep the 50 as a boundary to eliminate pregame incidents. IMO

Agree 100%
Per the KHSAA rule book.....

Spirit/Pep Line for Introductions, Warm-up Areas
1) Regular Season

a) During the regular season, A team’s spirit line is not to extend onto any part of the other team’s half of the playing field and area leading up to the playing field.

b) A team’s half of the field will be the side on which its team bench is located, with the playing field and area leading up to the playing field being dissected equally down its length. This includes the end zones.

c) No spirit line is to extend over the forty-five-yard line.

d) No players, coaches, team attendants, or anyone associated with the opposing team is to enter or interfere with the opponent’s spirit line.

2) Postseason

a) In games during the playoffs, played on neutral fields, spirit lines will not be allowed onto the playing field including the end zones.
Looks like several rules were broken here, and secondly, there are no spirit lines allowed during the playoffs
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Looks like several rules were broken here, and secondly, there are no spirit lines allowed during the playoffs

I thought it said: On neutral fields.
Hatz Wrote:I thought it said: On neutral fields.

That is correct. Good catch on that. Completely read over it.
Fan of Jewell Field Wrote:How about they just play the game and see what flipping happens. The "banner incident" could've been avoided several ways, but wasn't, so please move on. I PROMISE I'm more worried about seeing which team plays well and executes their game-plan. That certainly "poked" the Cards, but need I remind everyone that "emotion" resulted in a whopping 3 points the first half. Play the game, play it hard, bust each other in the mouth, but for the love of all things HOLY please just play the game. The scoreboard should do all the talking.
play ball.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Per the KHSAA rule book.....

Spirit/Pep Line for Introductions, Warm-up Areas
1) Regular Season

a) During the regular season, A team’s spirit line is not to extend onto any part of the other team’s half of the playing field and area leading up to the playing field.

b) A team’s half of the field will be the side on which its team bench is located, with the playing field and area leading up to the playing field being dissected equally down its length. This includes the end zones.

c) No spirit line is to extend over the forty-five-yard line.

d) No players, coaches, team attendants, or anyone associated with the opposing team is to enter or interfere with the opponent’s spirit line.

2) Postseason

a) In games during the playoffs, played on neutral fields, spirit lines will not be allowed onto the playing field including the end zones.

Rockets had the right to run through the intrusive banner, and will likely do so again if it is in the same place again Confusednicker:
The Rock is 0-2 while crashing other teams run through. I think I would take another approach!!