Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Boys Bracket & Predictions
I definitley don't see a repeat of last year when all 4 district winners lost first round. Bottom bracket it WIDE open. Top bracket is very tough, you have the top 3 teams in the region in the top bracket. The team that comes out of that bracket could possibly not win just for the fact of exhaustion. Good luck to all teams. My picks for the finals are P-ville vs. P-ville.
Evil Twin Wrote:I definitley don't see a repeat of last year when all 4 district winners lost first round. Bottom bracket it WIDE open. Top bracket is very tough, you have the top 3 teams in the region in the top bracket. The team that comes out of that bracket could possibly not win just for the fact of exhaustion. Good luck to all teams. My picks for the finals are P-ville vs. P-ville.

I am going to go with your prediction....Pikeville and Paintsville in the championship game.
Not what I am hoping for.....but I think you may be right.

But for some reason Belfry keeps coming to mind :confused: !
I-heart-the-15th-Region! Wrote:Magoffin Got an AWESOME draw!! I am very pleased! Good Luck to all teams!
How is it that MC got an awesome draw? Yes they avoided the top three, but Pikeville should win this game.
If all of the teams show up and play their A game (which we all know won't happen, it never does), then my prediction is:

Round 1
Belfry vs. Paintsville
Shelby valley vs. Betsy Layne

Allen Central vs Phelps
Magoffin Co. vs. Pikeville

Round 2
Paintsville vs. Shelby Valley
Allen Central vs. Magoffin Co.

Championship
Paintsville vs. Magoffin Co.

Winner
Paintsville

But with March Madness or a team being off on a certain night (and Paintsville could be that team), then I could see it this way too:

Round 1
Belfry vs. Paintsville

Allen Central vs Phelps

Round 2
Allen Central vs. Pikeville

Championship
Shelby Valley v. Pikeville

Winner
Shelby Valley
EKY Sportster Wrote:If all of the teams show up and play their A game (which we all know won't happen, it never does), then my prediction is:

Round 1
Belfry vs. Paintsville

Allen Central vs Phelps

Round 2
Allen Central vs. Magoffin Co.

Championship
Paintsville vs. Magoffin Co.

Winner
Paintsville

But with March Madness or a team being off on a certain night (and Paintsville could be that team), then I could see it this way too:

Round 1
Belfry vs. Paintsville

Allen Central vs Phelps

Round 2

Championship
Shelby Valley v. Pikeville

Winner
Shelby Valley

wow lol.. you think paintsville can have an off night and still beat belfry?... amazing! lmao
EASports12 Wrote:How is it that MC got an awesome draw? Yes they avoided the top three, but Pikeville should win this game.
you answered your own question and pikeville is not neccessarly supposed to win this game both teams got the best draw they could have got
Round 1
Belfry vs. Paintsville

Allen Central vs Phelps

Round 2

Championship
Paintsville vs. Pikeville

Winner
Pikeville.................................. Wouldnt be suprised at all if Pikeville saw another game w/ Shelby Valley
The Fan Wrote:you answered your own question and pikeville is not neccessarly supposed to win this game both teams got the best draw they could have got
I just meant that Magoffin would have been better off with Betsy Lane or Phelps. Magoffin or Pikeville can easily win this game, I just think that when they're playing to their potential, Pikeville is a little bit better.
I'm gonna say Belfry-Valley AC-Pikeville With a 59th rematch in the championship. With Valley coming out on top. This said, it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in 1 season. Better yet 4??
Round 1
Belfry vs. Paintsville

Allen Central vs Phelps

Round 2
Allen CentraL vs. Pikeville

Championship
Shelby Valley 82 vs. Allen Central 75

Champion
Shelby Valley
Just remember folks...if you aren't from the Johnson County or the 57th you can't win..just ask all the fans who have followed Paintsville's regional runs the last two years..[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...icon12.gif]
Hoops Lover Wrote:Just remember folks...if you aren't from the Johnson County or the 57th you can't win..just ask all the fans who have followed Paintsville's regional runs the last two years..[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...icon12.gif]

Well that was uncalled for. I agree that Paintsville has had their disappointments over the last couple of years but you can't deny that they are a great team. If I am recalling, didn't the regional winner from last year come from the 57th? Wink
15thRegionX you are right!! I believe that the 57th has always proven themselves to be as good as the Pike Co. teams!
mrfootball03 Wrote:wow lol.. you think paintsville can have an off night and still beat belfry?... amazing! lmao

Yeah, as long as it isn't a "big" off night! Paintsville is capable of beating Belfry by double digits or losing to them. Depends on the Paintsville team that shows up. That has been the problem with Paintsville all year - the Jeckyl and Hyde complex. lol

Belfry is a solid team, but they aren't as good as people make them out to be. But they have been playing pretty solid ball here the last several games, although knocking off Piarist and Phelps isn't nothing to write home about. Since Paintsville hasn't been playing well, that is my only concern about this game! But Paintsville's best game beats Belfry's best game any night. We'll just have to see if the Tigers bring it to the Expo or leave it in Paintsville. lol
I think BMR will have the Tigers ready after a disappointing loss in Districts!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Yeah, as long as it isn't a "big" off night! Paintsville is capable of beating Belfry by double digits or losing to them. Depends on the Paintsville team that shows up. That has been the problem with Paintsville all year - the Jeckyl and Hyde complex. lol

Belfry is a solid team, but they aren't as good as people make them out to be. But they have been playing pretty solid ball here the last several games, although knocking off Piarist and Phelps isn't nothing to write home about. Since Paintsville hasn't been playing well, that is my only concern about this game! But Paintsville's best game beats Belfry's best game any night. We'll just have to see if the Tigers bring it to the Expo or leave it in Paintsville. lol

So if Belfry does beat Paintsville, we're going to have to listen, "oh paintsville beat paintsville".......... lol spare me boys
Big Grin
Panther#42 Wrote:Round 1
Belfry vs. Paintsville

Allen Central vs Phelps

Round 2

Championship
Paintsville vs. Pikeville

Winner
Pikeville.................................. Wouldnt be suprised at all if Pikeville saw another game w/ Shelby Valley
That would be good for Valley
OK,, so if Paintsville is so damn good, then why are they district runner ups?
mrfootball03 Wrote:OK,, so if Paintsville is so damn good, then why are they district runner ups?

Why is everyone so hard on Paintsville? They are a good team, but that does not mean they are for sure going to win every game. They had a shot to knock off South Laurel and played some other top teams in the state close. They just met a hot Magoffin team in the District finals. I think it should be a good game. I dislike Paintsville more than anyone on this site but you have to give them credit where credit is due, they are a good team!
That will never happen though, people hate Paintsville and BMR. I think a lot of it has to due with jealousy because some teams aren't given thier 5mins of fame, whether it's the Lexington paper or WYMT. The Tigers have played a rough schedule, but Magoffin Co. was hot that night and everything kinda went their way...we all seen that because of a chest pass that was deflected went into the goal and not to mention a lot of other shots that wouldn't normally go in fall through the net. Magoffin is a good club, they play physical and they never give up for 32 minutes.

Belfry isn't exactly world beaters....beating Piarsit 3 times...losing a regular season game to Phelps, Pikeville, Lawrence Co., beating a lousy Fleming Co. and Burbon Co. Doesn't exactly say a whole lot. To me this game is a toss up, and I'm thankful that it's tomorrow because it's put up or shut up time....and the debate to whoever is the better team will finally end.
mrfootball03 Wrote:OK,, so if Paintsville is so damn good, then why are they district runner ups?
bECAUSE mc OUTPLAYED THEM THAT NIGHT!
mrfootball03 Wrote:So if Belfry does beat Paintsville, we're going to have to listen, "oh paintsville beat paintsville".......... lol spare me boys
Not from me!!! If Belfry wins, I will say congrats and then jump for joy to see our whole baseball team on the diamond.
Magoffin and Paintsville in the finals!!! That would be great!!! Go Hornets!!
BelfryPride Wrote:That was my first thought as well.....

Belfry got a raw deal IMO being district champs, having to be in the upper bracket with Valley. I think we can beat them yes, but I would like much better to see this matchup in the finals.

The runner-up should have the worst draw, but IMO I think Phelps got the best draw out of anyone and they were runner-ups in the 60th.

ARE YOU CRYING???? Wink THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASKETBALL!!! Smile
it's gonna be some great basketball this week...enjoy !!!!
People, Paintsville is not a great team. A pretty good team, I'll admit. There isn't a GREAT team in the entire part of Eastern Ky. Some people make an excuses every time their team loses. Give credit to the team that beat them. A team loses sometimes to a team that is not as talented or as good as they are. This happens because the other team is better prepared and sometimes better coaced. You can't live on past teams that have done well. All the hype and adulation a team gets in the pre season dosen't mean squat. You have to go out and prove in every game you play that you deserve this kind of hype. This Paintsville team hasn't proved anything yet. Let's wait and see how tonight's game ends.
By the way, why wasn't there an ALL-DISTRICT tournament team in the 57th this year.
15thRegionX Wrote:Well that was uncalled for. I agree that Paintsville has had their disappointments over the last couple of years but you can't deny that they are a great team. If I am recalling, didn't the regional winner from last year come from the 57th? Wink

Was actually the 57th Runner up. That's why it's called "March Madness BABY!!!"
15thRegionX Wrote:Why is everyone so hard on Paintsville? They are a good team, but that does not mean they are for sure going to win every game. They had a shot to knock off South Laurel and played some other top teams in the state close. They just met a hot Magoffin team in the District finals. I think it should be a good game. I dislike Paintsville more than anyone on this site but you have to give them credit where credit is due, they are a good team!

umm.. why is everyone so hard on Paintsville?.. because everyone hails them as greatness.. the way people talk, you would think they had SV's record.. I think if anything, this years' Paintsville team is a let down.. They had the talent to go have only 3-4 losses right now.. yet.. how many games have they lost?.. 9.. and will be 10 before they are finished?... Sorry people,.. 10 losses isn't particularly a great season.. Isn't that why Tubby Smith is bashed all the time.. because he's "ten loss tubby"?.. Yes, Paintsville is a top 3 team in the 15th.. But then again, the 15th isn't what you would call a power region.. so there you go.. theres your answer..
mrfootball03 Wrote:umm.. why is everyone so hard on Paintsville?.. because everyone hails them as greatness.. the way people talk, you would think they had SV's record.. I think if anything, this years' Paintsville team is a let down.. They had the talent to go have only 3-4 losses right now.. yet.. how many games have they lost?.. 9.. and will be 10 before they are finished?... Sorry people,.. 10 losses isn't particularly a great season.. Isn't that why Tubby Smith is bashed all the time.. because he's "ten loss tubby"?.. Yes, Paintsville is a top 3 team in the 15th.. But then again, the 15th isn't what you would call a power region.. so there you go.. theres your answer..

They have the best starting 5 in the region, they have NO bench play. If they had even 2 decent players to come off the bench they would have SV's record, this coming from a Magoffin fan that HATES Paintsville.
Shelby Valley has been the best team in the 15th all year long, if they play their game they make another trip to Rupp and if someone doesn't knock them off this year it may be a while before anyone else gets to Lexington.

SV 83
BL 54

Belfry 54
Paintsville 58

Allen Central 63
Phelps 55

Pikeville 57
Magoffin 54

Semi Finals
SV 73
Paintsville 68

Pikeville 53