Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 14 Whitley County 0
Tman67 Wrote:Can someone tell me why Whitley was throwing the ball on the 1 yard line?
I was having Joker Phillips flashbacks, hate to question it after the game but it was a head scratcher
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Corbin also won the sign game Confusednicker:

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHpOzQ2XUAQrJsa.jpg]
pjdoug Wrote:They are definitely building the program, and have it moving in the right direction. I hope they are in it for the long haul .

I can tell you this...Everybody in Middlesboro except 1 or 2 is kicking themselves. You better take care of these guys...

If you do...they're in. If you don't...someone will hire them away. Honestly I think Chappell and Frazier and their crew is top 3-4 staff east of 75 in eh southern region. Please don't actually check the boundarys. You know what I mean.

Middlesboro understands...and they are well east of 75. Not sure of which side of 75 WC lies on.
:hilarious:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin also won the sign game Confusednicker:

Congrats Whitley! Sounds like the losses Corbin had to graduation hurt a little more then expected.
:Thumbs:
I was impressed by both teams defense. Corbin looked under sized on that D-line but I thought their speed to the ball was tremendous. Like gut said about the same plays over and over. Should of stayed with the slants across the middle
This year's team is better from last year.

I was very much impressed by Whitley's tenacity and work ethic. The things that beat them IMO, wasn't as much the players but the coaching decisions. And those can be fixed.

The first thing that I would do is tie the upper arms to their bodies, and make them do tackling drills. Good Lord, but I do hate arm tackling!!!!
Congrats to Corbin. I'm glad Whitley gave them a run for their money. The seniors on the Whitley team will remember this one as, "one of those that got away". They need to move on and concentrate on the next game as this was just a tune up for district. That's when it really counts. I didn't figure there would be a running clock as some had predicted.
The picture of the kid with the snuff cans is hilarious! Is he kin to you Dougie? Confusednicker: Or do you dip pouches? I'm going to send this one to my son's Defensive Coordinator in St. Louis.
64SUR Wrote:What was the final stats of the game..... Just curious :HitWall:

I forget.
OldJacket Wrote:Maybe but this years Colonels team is definitely better...

For sure. Frazier has that defense clicking, and if they continue to improve over the season and keep playing the younger kids they are going to be tough at the end of the season. need to establish a good run game. I wouldn't mind seeing the freshman in the backfield more often .
OldJacket Wrote:I was having Joker Phillips flashbacks, hate to question it after the game but it was a head scratcher

definitely reminiscent.

Confusednicker:
papagrit Wrote:Congrats to Corbin. I'm glad Whitley gave them a run for their money. The seniors on the Whitley team will remember this one as, "one of those that got away". They need to move on and concentrate on the next game as this was just a tune up for district. That's when it really counts. I didn't figure there would be a running clock as some had predicted.
The picture of the kid with the snuff cans is hilarious! Is he kin to you Dougie? Confusednicker: Or do you dip pouches? I'm going to send this one to my son's Defensive Coordinator in St. Louis.

He ain't kin to me that I know of. no pouches for me .:biggrin:
The game was dominated by defense on both sides, each team fumbling the ball deep in scoring position. Corbin's goal line defensive stand late in the game showed a lot of grit early in the season. Offensively I thought Corbin made several the big plays to keep the drives alive. Whitley County has a good coaching staff and have that program heading in the right direction as shown in last nights game.
This game was a lot closer than a lot of us had anticipated. Is Whitley better than advertised, or is Corbin not as good as people thought they would be, or is it a combination of both?
Corbin has every advantage being on 75 but they are still hopelessly devoid of real talent as always.
pjdoug Wrote:He ain't kin to me that I know of. no pouches for me .:biggrin:

I stopped dipping and started eating more. replaced the snuff with barbecue.
Westside Wrote:This game was a lot closer than a lot of us had anticipated. Is Whitley better than advertised, or is Corbin not as good as people thought they would be, or is it a combination of both?

Whitley is on the rise. I saw a freshman and a sophomore get tackles for a loss, and that made me proud Smile
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Corbin has every advantage being on 75 but they are still hopelessly devoid of real talent as always.

Interesting comment. You're calling Corbin's talent to the carpet. We put on the field what we have in our district. Would you feel better if half the parking lot had Tennessee or West Virginia tags?
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Corbin has every advantage being on 75 but they are still hopelessly devoid of real talent as always.
Confusedtare:
The Spread Wrote:Interesting comment. You're calling Corbin's talent to the carpet. We put on the field what we have in our district. Would you feel better if half the parking lot had Tennessee or West Virginia tags?

Go Mountaineers!
Pjdoug, the Colonels have a nice team this year. Best I believe they've had in 10+ years. They'll win a lot of games.
Watched on TV both defenses looked very solid!
I knew Whitley had a nice team, but they're better than I thought! Their defensive line is very impressive. I say they win their district, easily!
bac2369 Wrote:I was impressed by both teams defense. Corbin looked under sized on that D-line but I thought their speed to the ball was tremendous. Like gut said about the same plays over and over. Should of stayed with the slants across the middle

slant is one of my favorite plays Smile
The Spread Wrote:Pjdoug, the Colonels have a nice team this year. Best I believe they've had in 10+ years. They'll win a lot of games.

coaches and community that care have been working hard to make the kids better and it is showing. I've always been a die-hard Colonels, but I'm about as excited as I've ever been, even after the loss last night, because I can see the program developing.
Texans_99 Wrote:Watched on TV both defenses looked very solid!

Can the full game be watched online?
walterwhite Wrote:I knew Whitley had a nice team, but they're better than I thought! Their defensive line is very impressive. I say they win their district, easily!

They definitely have potential. surprised by the easily comment Smile

Must have a mom and dad that has money to afford Copenhagen at 5 bucks a can.
pjdoug Wrote:They definitely have potential. surprised by the easily comment Smile

I just call it like I see it, good or bad, and I am not a homer. Whitley's line play will give the district teams fits. North will have to throw it against them.