Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL: Paintsville 82 Prestonsburg 68
UnderArmour24 Wrote:He got thrown out for just telling the ref he was horrible so the ref turned around and said if you say it one more time your out so the guy said your horrible again and they threw him out.

The truth hurts.
Congrats P-burg on a hard effort. P-burg led the first quarter and led most of the half and were up and 9 at one time in the 2nd quarter before falling down by 4 points at halftime. It was a close game till the 4th then P-burg just couldnt get the shots to fall and there was also about 5 bad calls in a row that let Paintsville get the bigger lead and that was it. The refs wouldnt call a foul on Paintsville in the 2nd half. But other than that this one could have easliy went to P-burg. Congrats Paintsville.
Congrats to Paintsville, Im very surprised that Bundy played in this one.
Prestonsburg is a dangerous team. I think they will make it to the regional tourney.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:The truth hurts.

You got that right
Fans should not get thrown out for saying telling a ref they are terrible, he had to say more than that. If not then Sammy is a little sensitive. Anyway, the refs did a good job, they were a total non-factor, just like they are suppose to be. Great atmosphere, and fun game to be at...
ducky Wrote:Prestonsburg is a dangerous team. I think they will make it to the regional tourney.

Yeah i do to. If they can put 4 quarters together like the first half they played tonight they can play with and beat possibly any team in the region IMO.
jOHn:316 Wrote:Fans should not get thrown out for saying telling a ref they are terrible, he had to say more than that. If not then Sammy is a little sensitive. Anyway, the refs did a good job, they were a total non-factor, just like they are suppose to be. Great atmosphere, and fun game to be at...

I think the same thing. But thats all that was said i was standing right beside of him.
Very competitive game from both teams. Landon started clicking in the 2nd quarter and no one could stop him. Van Ferguson also did real well. Bobby had some good spurts in the game. I really think Prestonsburg proved they where a good team, and I'm sure Paintsville players walked away surprised with how good Prestonsburg was. Prestonsburg had too many turnovers in this one, and thats what killed them tonight. Also on a side note, Micheal Burchett had 25pts in the JV game, which Pburg won. Congrats Tigers!
congrats paintsville.
good game slone and van
Congrats Tigers on the win. Slone and Ferguson played a great game. I thought the 1st half showed how well the Cats could play and the 2nd showed how bad they got out coached. Stephens had an awesome game yet he sat the bench way to much early in the 2nd half. Hughes and Hall were hot in the 1st half but the Cats chose to go away from what worked in the 1st half the High Low post drive and kick to outside if inside wasn't there. Patton played well but the pace of the game did effect him health wise. I though Burchett played a great JV game yet got no minutes in the varsity game. Cut down the turnovers and continue to play hard Cats you are the team to beat in the 58th. Good luck to the Tigers you are a team to beat for the regional crown.

As for the JV incident, it happened right in front of me and while the Pburg player was standing there running the clock out the Painstville kid came running and shoved him in the middle of the back with both hands putting him on the floor. The Pburg kid came up off the floor and shoved the Painstville kid, no fist were thrown. I think there should have been an intentional foul on Paintsville and a T on the Pburg player reaction. Other than that a great JV game.
Way to go blue!
Keep it up...
i thought i read on here somewhere that patton was a good player... if he is good how does paintsville shut him down? what is paintsvilles tallest player 6'3''??
not very impressive
is this budy's first game back??
I described the JV incident the way that I saw it. I had a fairly good view too. A lot of people stood up and I guess I just saw something I didn't?
Blake never sat out a game. He tweaked his ankle in the Johnson Central game.
Pupaw Wrote:Blake never sat out a game. He tweaked his ankle in the Johnson Central game.

So he just tweaked it?
Pupaw Wrote:Blake never sat out a game. He tweaked his ankle in the Johnson Central game.

oh ok... did it effect him tonight?
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:i thought i read on here somewhere that patton was a good player... if he is good how does paintsville shut him down? what is paintsvilles tallest player 6'3''??
not very impressive

You evidently dont know much about the game. Patton did not have a good game tonight, you are judging him on one game. It like me saying that Bundy is terrible because he only scored 7. Patton was not required to do alot of scoring tonight with the game that Stephens and Martin had. You judge a player on a season, not one game. Go to KHSAA and see that he is shooting over 50% from the field, leading in rebounds, blocked shots.
Pupaw Wrote:I heard that Landon had 21 at halftime, and he only ended up with 26? That's kind of surprising.

Must have put Patton on him at Half...Rolleyes
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:You evidently dont know much about the game. Patton did not have a good game tonight, you are judging him on one game. It like me saying that Bundy is terrible because he only scored 7. Patton was not required to do alot of scoring tonight with the game that Stephens and Martin had. You judge a player on a season, not one game. Go to KHSAA and see that he is shooting over 50% from the field, leading in rebounds, blocked shots.

Not very impressive when u compare them to devin rice's stats and then look at the size diffrence. :thumpsup:
Patton is a hard nose defensive player, and Rice is a offensive player.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:Not very impressive when u compare them to devin rice's stats and then look at the size diffrence. :thumpsup:

That your opinion, I thinks his stats are fine.
Congrats to the Tigers!! Nice to see them play hard for at least 3 1/2 quarters anyway. They are getting there. I love the Landon and Van combo when they are both on. But Bundy, Grimm and Vanhoose did what they had to as well. AND IT WAS GREAT TO SEE BMR getting into the game!!!! I think that the Tigers respond well to that type of BMR, not the BMR that sits on the bench. IMO Coach Runyon AND the Tiger players both stepped it up in this game.

As for P-burg, they shot the lights out the first quarter, and played hard until about the first part of the fourth quarter. Definately not the same P-burg team that I seen in the Tiger Hoops Tourney. They have really improved and should definately make it to Region. If they play the way they did tonight, they could easily win their District.
Congrats to the Tigers. I knew Pburg would give them a good game, a lot of people over look them in the region....they could be a sleeper and do some serious damage come tournament time.
Good game to the Tigers! It was fun to watch, once everyone was settled into the game!
P-burg will do a very nice job in the 58th.
Good Luck to both!
As a fan of Paintsville, I have to say. We're not very good right now. I don't care if Prestonsburg has improved or not they are still the same team that SV almost beat by 100 if they wanted to earlier this season.

Either these guys get some heart or they are going nowhere in the post season.
Disco Stu Wrote:As a fan of Paintsville, I have to say. We're not very good right now. I don't care if Prestonsburg has improved or not they are still the same team that SV almost beat by 100 if they wanted to earlier this season.

Either these guys get some heart or they are going nowhere in the post season.

Very much agreed. You can't win without playing with heart!
Congrats Tigers!
congrats paintsville