Poll: 15th POY for 06' 07'(stats coming from Khsaa)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
0%
Van Fergason-Paintsville
0%
Jamie Case-Belfry
0%
Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
0%
Robert Gannon-Phelps
0%
Eric Arnett-Magoffin Co.
0%
Other:
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region POY: Who will it be(Remember Seniors only)..
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:sorry just don't agree with that.
Thats cool.:thumpsup:
IMO Case has worked his butt off and deserves it.
Redneck Wrote:That has nothin to do with this award. This award is judged on this year and this year alone, not the past.

I didn't know there were rules for this poll. Just my opinion; the best 15th region player should have spent some time playing in the 15th.
57thScarlett Wrote:I didn't know there were rules for this poll. Just my opinion; the best 15th region player should have spent some time playing in the 15th.

It's not like he just out of the blue decided to transfer to Paintsville. He is originally from here, grew up here and grew up in the Paintsville system til middle school when his family moved to Florida. It's not his fault he didn't get to play in the 15th region all these years. But I guess if OJ Mayo was playin in the 15th region this year (1st year like Van) he would get your vote wouldn't he.
can we stay on task here..
I dont think the suspension should have anything to do with the award. I believe Case still deserves it.
Case from belfry gets my vote
Redneck Wrote:It's not like he just out of the blue decided to transfer to Paintsville. He is originally from here, grew up here and grew up in the Paintsville system til middle school when his family moved to Florida. It's not his fault he didn't get to play in the 15th region all these years. But I guess if OJ Mayo was playin in the 15th region this year (1st year like Van) he would get your vote wouldn't he.

Honestly, I don't really care what happened. Even if he had played here, I still don't think he's the best player in the region, but obviously you do. I just thought it was an interesting point. To me, there are more diserving players for this title.
Redneck Wrote:It's not like he just out of the blue decided to transfer to Paintsville. He is originally from here, grew up here and grew up in the Paintsville system til middle school when his family moved to Florida. It's not his fault he didn't get to play in the 15th region all these years. But I guess if OJ Mayo was playin in the 15th region this year (1st year like Van) he would get your vote wouldn't he.

You really did not just compare Van to OJ Mayo. Thats just plain stupid. He is the top player in the nation. I am sure he will be a top canidate for WV mr basketball if they have that, im not sure. So find a more realistic comparison to him not the top player in the nation. He will win top player where ever he plays!(OJ that is)
NYY10 Wrote:Jermey Jackson from Shelby Valley..

i agree jackson is a great offensive player.
Arnett or McCarty
57thScarlett Wrote:Honestly, I don't really care what happened. Even if he had played here, I still don't think he's the best player in the region, but obviously you do. I just thought it was an interesting point. To me, there are more diserving players for this title.

How many seniors are there in this region Scarlett? How many of them are even top 10 players in the region. Majority of the talent in this region are underclassmen and this award only goes to one senior. This award is gonna come down to 4 players: McCarty, Case, Ferguson and Rice. What's so interesting about it, it doesn't mean jack. If he was putting up 30 points a game it wouldn't matter if this was his first year playin in the 15th region.
15thRegionX Wrote:You really did not just compare Van to OJ Mayo. Thats just plain stupid. He is the top player in the nation. I am sure he will be a top canidate for WV mr basketball if they have that, im not sure. So find a more realistic comparison to him not the top player in the nation. He will win top player where ever he plays!(OJ that is)

I wasn't comparing their athletic abilities. 57thScarlett said Van shouldn't get the award because this was his first year playin in the 15th region. I was making a point that it doesn't matter how long he has been playin here, he is now.
Redneck Wrote:How many seniors are there in this region Scarlett? How many of them are even top 10 players in the region. Majority of the talent in this region are underclassmen and this award only goes to one senior. This award is gonna come down to 4 players: McCarty, Case, Ferguson and Rice. What's so interesting about it, it doesn't mean jack. If he was putting up 30 points a game it wouldn't matter if this was his first year playin in the 15th region.

Well, according to the members on Bluegrassrivals this poll is going to come down to McCarty, Case, Arnett, and other (Rice). Unless you starting making new account names to vote for Ferguson.
This poll don't mean ****, this is the fans opinions. Last I remember, the fans don't vote for this award...
Jamie Case from Belfry
Redneck Wrote:I wasn't comparing their athletic abilities. 57thScarlett said Van shouldn't get the award because this was his first year playin in the 15th region. I was making a point that it doesn't matter how long he has been playin here, he is now.

Well Van and Oj should not even been mentioned in the same sentence. I do not think Van is the best player in the region!
Jamie McCarty....HANDS DOWN~!!!!
Great athlete on the court,but a wonderful guy off the court. This kid is talented in so many ways...
Prob. the BEST Student-Athlete in the Region..
GPA is a 4.0
High ACT
Always keeps his head in the game
Has a REGIONAL TITLE under his belt....Just about all the seniors couldn't say that...and he played a BIG part in their success.
One of the top SCORERS in the STATE along with Case
Leaving as JC's top 5 all-time scorers...1600+
Scored 100 points in 2 games his Senior year..puttin up 56,44,39,38,35,33,33,30,29(Senior year)
Has had many setbacks, bur doesn't make excuses
I've known him for a while and he should get POY HANDS DOWN...>WITHOUT A QUESTION.

Can take over games at anytime!

His performance against Paintsville shows how much he has evolved as a player and a person. Yes....he had 33...but the way JC played together was amazing.
Some people may look at their record this year....but it has been a troubling year for the Eagles...off the court and injury....

Some say CASE may be a runner for the award...but the suspension raises questions.
Devin Rice hasn't made any noise in the Regional tourny or made a RUN for a title.

SORRY GUYS.....McCarty gets my vote. :thumpsup:
The suspension has nothing to do with the year he has had....what questions does it raise????
The kid made a mistake..he paid for it...and noe both he and his team have moved forward...as evidenced by their record since his return. Thge question that needs to be raised is: Why are you talking about something that you know NOTHING about??
I think All seniors will be missed
BlacK_ClaW Wrote:Jamie McCarty....HANDS DOWN~!!!!
Great athlete on the court,but a wonderful guy off the court. This kid is talented in so many ways...
GPA is a 4.0
High ACT
Has a REGIONAL TITLE under his belt....Just about all the seniors couldn't say that...and he played a BIG part in their success.
Scored 100 points in 2 games his Senior year..puttin up 56,44,39,38,35,33,33,30,29(Senior year)
I've known him for a while and he should get POY HANDS DOWN...>WITHOUT A QUESTION.

His performance against Paintsville shows how much he has evolved as a player and a person. Yes....he had 33...but the way JC played together was amazing.
Some people may look at their record this year....but it has been a troubling year for the Eagles...off the court and injury....

Some say CASE may be a runner for the award...but the suspension raises questions.
Devin Rice hasn't made any noise in the Regional tourny or made a RUN for a title.

BlacK_ClaW Wrote:Jamie McCarty....HANDS DOWN~!!!!
GPA is a 4.0
High ACT

You can put stats out there all you want but McCarty is a selfish player. Any top player in this region that shot as much as he did would probably average in the 30's. He just don't realize what a team player is. They did get a great win over paintsville. McCarty and player of the year don't even need to be in the same discussion. Case by a long shot and Arnett coming in at second
I just averaged Devin's points from KHSAA. As of Feb 11th he is averaging 25.12 pts per game. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_23420 if ya want to do it yourself.
mccarty shouldn't be player of the year they don't even have a winning record im goin to have to go with my boy ethan johnson
In the games that I have seen this year, I don't feel that any senior has stood out. I feel it is the younger players game this year.
Cookie Crisp Wrote:mccarty shouldn't be player of the year they don't even have a winning record im goin to have to go with my boy ethan johnson

So your sayin Johnson has a winning record?..lol
To me the POY is the best senior player period. IMO there are only to players to consider and that is Case and McCarty. They are the best players on their teams, draw the other teams best defensive player or players and some coaches set up D to stop those 2 players. Even with drawing so much attention these 2 players still put up big numbers night in and out. The other seniors are quality player but have help on their respective teams and are not the focus of the defense nightly.
Hoops Lover Wrote:The suspension has nothing to do with the year he has

had....what questions does it raise????

I agree with you! We all make mistakes. His suspension has nothing to do with POY. I am sure he isn't the only ball player in the region that has goofed off and goofed up at one time or another. I am glad the coach punished him and he sat out a district game. I figure some schools/coaches/parents would have tried to cover it up and got the district play in before or after the suspension. POY should be based on...on the court play.

Good Luck to all the players in the running of POY!
Johnny Fairplay Wrote:To me the POY is the best senior player period. IMO there are only to players to consider and that is Case and McCarty. They are the best players on their teams, draw the other teams best defensive player or players and some coaches set up D to stop those 2 players. Even with drawing so much attention these 2 players still put up big numbers night in and out. The other seniors are quality player but have help on their respective teams and are not the focus of the defense nightly.

I tend to disagree. Usually if you are the BEST player in the region your team should do well. If you are the best player in the region your team should not have a bad record, if so you are not doing your job and in no way should they win the POY. McCarty can be the best in the region its just that his team has shown me nothing, and it seems to me as if he is a streaky player. Case seems to have the stats and the record, but I have never seen him play so I cannot say anything about him. But out of the people I have seen play I believe Devin Rice deserves it. Mainly because he is double teamed everytime he touches the ball and some how finds a way to score and it seems as though teams struggle to stop him. He averages 25 points per game and I am sure he averages over 10 rebounds also. He may have help on his team but that is how games are played; from the inside out. Thats how his teamates are better, because he makes them better by drawing so much attention.