Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best teams in the 57th district in 07
Lawerence is always good.Isn't the State Sectionals at Lawerence this year???
TRUETIGERMAN Wrote:1.) Paintsville
2.) JC
3.) Magoffin
4.) Sheldon Clark
5.) Lawerence

Now I must say this is the funniest thing I have seen. Explain why you think that this is the way its going to end up. To start with they had SC beat twice last year and well we all know what happened there. And Sc went on to win the district, LC only lost 1 player from last years team and he wasnt even a starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I'll probably have to take Paintsville this year. It will be tought though.
rooster Wrote:Dunbar's ace is Thomas Royce. He has already signed with Louisville and is a legitimate 90 mph'er. If he threw, I think that you would remember him very clearly. Anybody fit that description? If you didn't see anyone who threw upper 80's to touching the low 90's, he didn't throw.
Yes...the guy that started for them!!!
It was cold and damp, and he was throwing mid 80's. I was told he had signed with UL. He had great stuff as well. He threw 2 innings, 2 earned runs, 2 hits, 1 BB, 3 K's.
Total Domination Wrote:Lawerence is always good.Isn't the State Sectionals at Lawerence this year???
No, it's at Pikeville.
I know most of the kids that were freshman last year for the Hornets and they are pretty good, and whoever said that they were the best offensive team may be right, but thats pretty much all they are. They are weak with pitching and defense. The reason for that is that the freshman from last year all played little league and the little league in Magoffin only focuses on offense. My brother played little league and junior league ball and im not bragging but was one of the best if not the best pitcher in the leagues. But because he wasnt much of a hitter he didnt get recognized for his talent. He quit playing after awhile because he hurt his arm from throwing so much and so hard. Now in no way am I upset about that, and I do not hold a grudge, I just wish they would focus on more than just offense. Then maybe these kids would be competetive as a team and be able to give the top district teams a run for their money.
I dont want any magoffin fans bashing me about my post, I am a big supporter of the baseball team. I helped coach most of the players that play on the team in little and junior league ball. I try to go to every game possible and cheer them on. Good luck to the whole team this year.
Paintsville is the best team in the 57th district this year
smoke_on1 Wrote:i would have to say

1.)Paintsville- a contender year in and year out they always have a good team..i think they they will win the district again and be a top team in the 15th regional tournament

2.)Johnson Central-I think that jc wille be the number 2 team in the district all season if anyone is going to contend with paintsville with consistancy its going to be them

3.Sheldon Clark-I dont think that sheldon calrk is going to be that strong this year with limited pitching and some young players that havent got alot of playing time...unless some underclass men step up and play good this year sheldon clark could not only start out in 3rd place but finish there as well...

4.)Lawerence-LC has about 4 standout players im not sure how deep there pitching is this season or there roster in general but it is possible that they can be contenders in the 57th this year

5.)Magoffin-I have herd alot of things about magoffin this year people say they where young last year and that they have inproved magoffin may give some district teams a scare this year but we will have to wait and see
nice post