•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will take over the crown of 15th Region Player of the Year?
The Fan Wrote:and you said in you havent see Ashley Jade play and on more than one occasion you seen Brittney play . That doesnt make sense Ashley has missed one game in 6 years if you seen Brittney more than once you had to have watched Ashley , so my conclusion is you have no idea what your talking about

Well... I saw the game against Pike Central and then the game against Lawrence County... and btw, I didn't say she wasn't a great ball player... I just said she wasn't nearly as impression as everyone has let on to me. I expected some superstar the way people have talked... and by no means did I see a superstar in either of these games. So sorry to ruffle your feathers...
When Manns is on she is one of the better players in the Region. I think the only knack on her is she doesn't create shots as well as Howard and Ratliff. She's more of a spot shooter. She is still a good player but I agree with Creeker, I'm not nearly as impressed with her as I am with others.
Creeker Wrote:Well... I saw the game against Pike Central and then the game against Lawrence County... and btw, I didn't say she wasn't a great ball player... I just said she wasn't nearly as impression as everyone has let on to me. I expected some superstar the way people have talked... and by no means did I see a superstar in either of these games. So sorry to ruffle your feathers...
The Lawrence Co. game was her worst shooting game of the year, and besides if you would have really looked at the little things in this game you would have realized she played pretty good, she is the best passer in the region, and had numerous steals in these games. But as far as shooting goes she did not do good in that game against LC, don't remember how she shot the ball against PC.
mcfan1 Wrote:The Lawrence Co. game was her worst shooting game of the year, and besides if you would have really looked at the little things in this game you would have realized she played pretty good, she is the best passer in the region, and had numerous steals in these games. But as far as shooting goes she did not do good in that game against LC, don't remember how she shot the ball against PC.

Yeah,I agree with you mcfan1... she is an excellent passer, probably one of the best out of girls I have seen in a while. Actually she did play a good game against LC and she is an excellent point guard. I apologize if I came off as if I were saying she wasn't a good player and all... I simply was saying she wasn't the player I was expecting to see from all the hype that has surrounded her.
Creeker Wrote:Well... I saw the game against Pike Central and then the game against Lawrence County... and btw, I didn't say she wasn't a great ball player... I just said she wasn't nearly as impression as everyone has let on to me. I expected some superstar the way people have talked... and by no means did I see a superstar in either of these games. So sorry to ruffle your feathers...

Well she didn't play the fourth quarter against Lawrence County. We didnt need to play her the whole game.

The Pike Central Game she led the team in scoring, she had 3-3 point plays driving to the goal and made some other amazing drives also.

What did you expect???????????
Tricky Wrote:Well she didn't play the fourth quarter against Lawrence County. We didnt need to play her the whole game.

The Pike Central Game she led the team in scoring, she had 3-3 point plays driving to the goal and made some other amazing drives also.

What did you expect???????????

Point taken Tricky... She is an excellent player... for this area. :Thumbs:
Creeker Wrote:Point taken Tricky... She is an excellent player... for this area. :Thumbs:

What area are you from?

I was in Louisville and heard when a college scout labeled Ashley and Brittany the best dam back court in the state.

He didnt say the 15th, the mountains, Eastern kentucky, he said the state!

You probably should have taken stats for the Pike Central and Lawrence Game,
Tricky Wrote:What area are you from?

I was in Louisville and heard when a college scout labeled Ashley and Brittany the best dam back court in the state.

You're right... she should do well for herself... at Berea.
Creeker Wrote:You're right... she should do well for herself... at Berea.

Yes, she should.
She is a very goal driven person who has already made up her mind on what type of education she wants and being given the opportunity by Berea to play Basketball is just an added bonus . She is a very bright young girl who is also one of the smartest of her class.
Tricky Wrote:What area are you from?

Sorry... to answer your question... I am from the Lexington Area.

I guess my only question would be... if they are the best back court in the state... why Berea???
Creeker Wrote:Sorry... to answer your question... I am from the Lexington Area.

I guess my only question would be... if they are the best back court in the state... why Berea???
cause thats where they wanted to go
The Fan Wrote:cause thats where they wanted to go

I guess that makes sense...
I'm guessing he is just mad because Magoffin County is about 25-30 points better than Lawrence Co. or wherever this creeker is from, and besides, they wanted to go to Berea that's were they wanted to be at, they were recruted by Division 1 schools pretty heavily to the best of my knowledge. And by the way Berea is a great school for athletics, and not only that Berea is one the top Liberal Art's school's in the south.
Oh Creeker, I have got a project for you to do, tell me one backcourt in the state that you have seen that is better than the Lady Hornets.
mcfan1 Wrote:Oh Creeker, I have got a project for you to do, tell me one backcourt in the state that you have seen that is better than the Lady Hornets.

Not much on the projects... but I saw the little Frazier girl from LC blow by Manns all night long... just too bad she couldn't finish.

And yes, you are right Berea has one of the best Liberal Arts programs in the South. I wasn't trying to be smart, I was simply asking why Berea. I mean, you tell me, if you were the "best back court in the state" would you go to a NAIA team???? Kinda selling yourself short wouldn't you think???
mcfan1 Wrote:I'm guessing he is just mad because Magoffin County is about 25-30 points better than Lawrence Co. or wherever this creeker is from, and besides, they wanted to go to Berea that's were they wanted to be at, they were recruted by Division 1 schools pretty heavily to the best of my knowledge. And by the way Berea is a great school for athletics, and not only that Berea is one the top Liberal Art's school's in the south.

By the way... I just told you earlier, I am from the Lexington Area.
Creeker Wrote:Not much on the projects... but I saw the little Frazier girl from LC blow by Manns all night long... just too bad she couldn't finish.

And yes, you are right Berea has one of the best Liberal Arts programs in the South. I wasn't trying to be smart, I was simply asking why Berea. I mean, you tell me, if you were the "best back court in the state" would you go to a NAIA team???? Kinda selling yourself short wouldn't you think???
How many times did Frazier get her pocket picked by Brittany Manns last night, and if she is so much better where is she going to school?
mcfan1 Wrote:How many times did Frazier get her pocket picked by Brittany Manns last night, and if she is so much better where is she going to school?

I never once said the Frazier girl is better... I just said she blew by her. I heard at the game she is going to Alice Llyod College and the last time I checked that is a NAIA school the same as Berea.
Frazier is quick she is a state champion in track but like you said cant finish
Creeker Wrote:Not much on the projects... but I saw the little Frazier girl from LC blow by Manns all night long... just too bad she couldn't finish.

I personally agree with this statement.
if u can hit 10 threes in a game ur a superstar. (manns)
my pick is Kendra Carroll
Buckeyex7x Wrote:my pick is Kendra Carroll

I agree... one of the favorites for sure. Probably one of the smoothest all around players I have seen in a long time.
I think Hayley would gett it if she didn't set out all of the games. Ashley J. will probably get it and she should I feel she is probably the best player anyways. Flemming from Valley will be her biggest challenge.
Ashley Jade Howard hands down. She has lead her team to a 20 and 3 record and is averaging 20+ points a game. Hayley is a great player, but the edge has to go to Ashley after everything she has done for Magoffin County girls sports.
Buckeyex7x Wrote:my pick is Kendra Carroll

Not a chance. Compare the stats and look at the teams records, noone is even close to Ashley Jade.
Hoopla Wrote:Ashley Jade Howard hands down. She has lead her team to a 20 and 3 record and is averaging 20+ points a game. Hayley is a great player, but the edge has to go to Ashley after everything she has done for Magoffin County girls sports.
21-3 record.

There are a lot of things to consider as a young athletes when choosing a school. It is great that schools give scholarships to play sports. These girls need to be satisfied and happy with where they choose to play ball and get their education. The public puts too much pressure on athletes and sometimes they make choices based on what is expected of them and not necessarily what would be the best for them. As far as selling themselves short. . . . . I think its personal and their choice. So IMO, we need to lay off on whether they play NAIA or NCAA, as long as they complete their education and get to do what they love "PLAY BASKETBALL" .
mcfan1 Wrote:I'm guessing he is just mad because Magoffin County is about 25-30 points better than Lawrence Co. or wherever this creeker is from, and besides, they wanted to go to Berea that's were they wanted to be at, they were recruted by Division 1 schools pretty heavily to the best of my knowledge. And by the way Berea is a great school for athletics, and not only that Berea is one the top Liberal Art's school's in the south.
What D-1 schools was she recruited by??
Belfry Wins Wrote:I think Hayley would gett it if she didn't set out all of the games. Ashley J. will probably get it and she should I feel she is probably the best player anyways. Flemming from Valley will be her biggest challenge.
Ashley Jade, by far. She is the best all around athlete. She continues to do everything offensively and defensively consistently. and plays team ball. No comparison to ratliff or fleming. AT ALL.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next