Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Football
HighViz Wrote:Tigers Eye..... You need to be brought to the light too obviously. A winning program..... smh. You don't even know what a winning program is.

Whoa now.. let's not get too carried away. I said a program that had been winning, not a winning program, there's a difference.. 2/3 seasons before haddix PCC won 7 games. Brown was a 47% winner in his 2nd stint and haddix was a 56 percent winner at PCC. Both are decent high school coaches, I don't even know why there is an argument. Take it for what it is, I'm from clay county and we couldn't hire a good coach if he walked up and smacked us in the face. If we had an open position, and nick saban applied and was the only applicant, we would still find a way to mess it up. Anyways, back on the subject, PCC will be fine, they've got a legend coaching them now, if Tom Larkey can't win there in the next few years trust me when I say there is much more going on than coaching.
bcpc Wrote:Lol. This is funny. You and Eagle really have zero idea.. Bert Brown for President!

Why is this a Brown vs. Haddix deal? 0 idea about what? Enlighten me if I don't. Just making an unbiased observation based on factual evidence from an outsider looking in.
The facts are.... PCC will never have a good program until the coaches have control and they have the admin support. Perry is stuck in basketball mode 365 days a year. I can't enlighten on a public forum. Jus know the pretty picture that Perry has painted is what it is. A pretty picture.. the story is not so great.
HighViz Wrote:The facts are.... PCC will never have a good program until the coaches have control and they have the admin support. Perry is stuck in basketball mode 365 days a year. I can't enlighten on a public forum. Jus know the pretty picture that Perry has painted is what it is. A pretty picture.. the story is not so great.

And this is the same reason we can't be successful in play, except the pretty picture is colored in crayon.
Boy we live a hoops state that doesn't produce hoopsters. We produce far more football players. And brown was the only winner at perry, the first to have a winning season came back and won again. Haddix is a very good coach BUT he didn't take over a losing program at PCC. And brown is coaching at east jessamine see my post on page one as to how that happened. The guy can coach period cut.
Perry had some pretty good talent during the Brown era. He did get them on the football field so you have to give him that!
Both Brown and Haddix were successful at Perry. They ran a wide open style offense. Playing Power Football at Perry will take a long time for them to be successful. Not saying it will never happen but it will take a lot longer. If Haddix had of stayed I believe Perry would have been making some noise in the district. Lining up and runnin off tackle is not the game at Perry. And droping in class would put them in 4A with Knox.Clay.Rockcastle. Haddix to me is a better coach then Brown was if he stay a couple more years Perry would have been pretty good because when he left so did about 4 or 5 kids that started.
PCC lost one of this states great young football minds when Haddix left. Coach Larkey us a great guy but I have watched every game he has coached at PCC and I wouldn't give you a nickel for him. When Haddix left we had a great young class coming in that included Hazards now best player, Smith at tailback. He played one year at PCC under coach Amis and his dad didn't like the situation. I've said it many times, if you had our kids that are at Hazard back at PCC we would be about 7-1 or 6-2 and Hazard would be 2-6. Our grade school program dominated eastern ky for several years under Keith Pray but we lost too many kids to Hazard. If we keep our kids we win.
who is the winningest coach in the history of PCC?
Hopefully the above post will be deleted soon, I have sent mods a message. Someone else used my account. I hope nothing but the best for the PCC football program. I know some of the coaches personally and I know they work hard.
Browne never won at Madison Central they run him off after 4 season I believe. And that is were he went to high school at
warmachine Wrote:You can say what you want about this coaching staff but my opinion is they are the worst in PCC football history. Larkey may have been a good coach in the past but his style no longer exists! The game has past him by. PCC needs to cut ties ASAP! Sitting here watching their practice and there is more confusion than organization! Seen more organization in 3/4 grade practices. It's embarrassing to our kids to be this bad. People that know the players know this team isn't that bad! They have kids out of position all over the field. All these coaches talk about is how good they were in the past (Rockcastle, etc....) , that's where their style of play is too! IN THE PAST!!!! Good Luck PCC in the future! Keep your heads up kids, I know it's not you guys! I think a lot of others do too. I know this administration wants to let him break the all time wins records but dang 5-26 just don't cut it!! It's time for a change!!!

Sounds like from the updates his old style is scoring a lot of points
warmachine Wrote:You can say what you want about this coaching staff but my opinion is they are the worst in PCC football history. Larkey may have been a good coach in the past but his style no longer exists! The game has past him by. PCC needs to cut ties ASAP! Sitting here watching their practice and there is more confusion than organization! Seen more organization in 3/4 grade practices. It's embarrassing to our kids to be this bad. People that know the players know this team isn't that bad! They have kids out of position all over the field. All these coaches talk about is how good they were in the past (Rockcastle, etc....) , that's where their style of play is too! IN THE PAST!!!! Good Luck PCC in the future! Keep your heads up kids, I know it's not you guys! I think a lot of others do too. I know this administration wants to let him break the all time wins records but dang 5-26 just don't cut it!! It's time for a change!!!

the game have past him by. way does it work at Belfry. didn't belfry won the state championship last season running the same system as PCC does. and by the way Belfry look this year they are in the championship pic again.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Boy we live a hoops state that doesn't produce hoopsters. We produce far more football players. And brown was the only winner at perry, the first to have a winning season came back and won again. Haddix is a very good coach BUT he didn't take over a losing program at PCC. And brown is coaching at east jessamine see my post on page one as to how that happened. The guy can coach period cut.

i though PCC went 6-4 before i went to Hazard. back when they was 4A, that would be 6A today.
Wow, what a conversation! People, I think Brown and Haddix were both great coaches. Larkey of course knows football but he does not have the horses to run what he did at rockcastle or his great team at Harlan. He runs nothing like Belfry. So easy to defend.
You have to have players!!!!!! And hoghead check your facts brown won a district title at Madison.
cj2561 Wrote:i though PCC went 6-4 before i went to Hazard. back when they was 4A, that would be 6A today.

Tom searcys last season (2000 i think) they went 5-5 losing the last game of the year they were heavy favorites in. Should of been first winning record. Then lost in 1st rd of playoffs.

Then Browne came in and had an absolute loaded team. Beatty, willis, amis, shepherd,holland, lamb, tiller, and a loaded line. They were all mostly underclassmen. Plus this was the first year they dropped to a new class and district. I gurantee any teacher at Pcc could of been head coach and won at least 4 games with that team and schedule.
brown took over in 2002. Do your homework! In 2001 Perry won 3 games vs Powell, Magoffin and Knott Co. So Tom had the same players brown had minus Beatty who did not play for brown. Amis played against Clay Co. in 2008 so unless he played high school football for 10 years he didn't play in 2002. Perry won 7 games in 2002. And if some teacher in the high school could have won with that bunch why didn't they hire some teacher in the building?
PCC in 2002 went 7-4. they beat a 0-10 Magoffin Co. 3-7 North Laurel, 7-5 Hazard, 2-8 Powell Co., 1-9 Knox Central, 4-7 Cawood, 2-8 Knott Co Central
lose to 6-5 Leslie Co. 13-2 Rockcastle Co. 10-3 Bell Co. 8-4 Boyd Co.

you could have taken any team that have the same kind of player. and went 6-5 or 7-4 with these teams. that was one thing about Haddix he did try to play better team at PCC.
That was the schedule brown had when he got there and had the first winning season with it. When he came back he schedule Breathitt WHEN THEY WERE GOOD and beat the living crap out of them. Rockcastle, Bell and Boyd were pretty good teams I do believe. Haddix is a very good coach but brown had perry winning and when brown took over both times perry was very very bad.
I was there through all of that crap, ladies.
We suffered through an 0-10 season in 2000 with Coach Searcy and then a 3-7 one in 2001 before they went to Browne.

The schedule was loaded with some easy wins for Brown, but at the same time, not many teams around here were going to compete for that district's title as stacked as it was.

With Browne's first run at Perry, he had Tewayne Willis (signed to play running back at Kentucky) and Al Holland (signed to play QB for Wake Forest) in the backfield. Justin Lamb at WR, Jonathan Watts and Dennis Estep on defense, several talented linemen. I think they went to Clint Perry at RB after Tewayne left and I don't know if Browne coached after when Tewayne's brother Brandon was the feature back. That team was really talented and I always felt coach Browne was a good coach, but was never able to break through the glass ceiling.

Browne never had "very very bad" teams at Perry. When he came back to Perry he had Jordan Amis at QB, some very talented WRs and the best linebacker I've ever seen come through the mountains (Matt Robinson).

I will concede the teams at Perry were not successful when he got there - but in both his runs at Perry he just had some kids that needed a year or so to develop. Haddix did benefit from a good team when he got there, but let's not look down on his accomplishments at Perry.

As much success as Bert Browne had at Perry, the man NEVER won a playoff game. I don't know how most of you guys measure success, but that isn't anything to write home about. Again, I think Bert is a good coach. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.
Don't remember any running back from the mountains signing with UK, does anyone else? Where did robinson play college ball if he is the best LB to come through the mountians? Not saying he wasn't good but you are acting like brown had more talent than Belfry or Breathitt. All I know is the guy won football games at perry when no one else had!!! Just the facts. Left and went to Madison and won a district title after he took over a football team that hadn't won a game the year before he got there. Seems to me the guy took two bad programs and won with them. Not sure anyone wins many games without talent but coaches have lost games when they had talent and it seems like brown wins football games. And as Forrest Gump would say that's all I have to say about that.
Oh and just how many playoff games has perry won in school history???
They've won two playoff games in school history - Both coached by Justin Haddix.

Robinson went to UPIKE. That may not tickle your fancy, but he just didn't have the body type big D1 schools were looking for. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that's ever seen him play around here that thinks he's not one of the best to come through EKY. He's the best I've seen. Thats obviously subjective.

As for the UK running back, Tewayne signed and stayed at UK for a year or so before he transferred to play baseball. Led the nation in stolen bases and was drafted by the Cubs.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:That was the schedule brown had when he got there and had the first winning season with it. When he came back he schedule Breathitt WHEN THEY WERE GOOD and beat the living crap out of them. Rockcastle, Bell and Boyd were pretty good teams I do believe. Haddix is a very good coach but brown had perry winning and when brown took over both times perry was very very bad.

you can talk all you want about having a winning season. that winning season don't mean shit if you can't get it done in the playoff. the only coach to win a playoff game at PCC is Justin Haddix that year he went 9-3. he beat teams like @johnson Central, Whitley Co., @Letcher Co., @Somerset the same Somerset that beat hazard 14-0 at Hazard that year and went to the state semi finale also. that was the year Hazard won class 1A state title.

Breathitt Co. was on it before Brown got back. look it up. Jason put them on there.
cj2561 Wrote:you can talk all you want about having a winning season. that winning season don't mean shit if you can't get it done in the playoff. the only coach to win a playoff game at PCC is Justin Haddix that year he went 9-3. he beat teams like @johnson Central, Whitley Co., @Letcher Co., @Somerset the same Somerset that beat hazard 14-0 at Hazard that year and went to the state semi finale also. that was the year Hazard won class 1A state title.

Breathitt Co. was on it before Brown got back. look it up. Jason put them on there.
You are exactly right! Justin Haddix is better than Brown ever dreamed of being and a lot better man. Haddix played one hell of a schedule also.
Browne won 15 games in 4 years at Madison Central his second year he won the district title. Perry won 1 Playoff game in school history I believe that was against South Laurel. I may be wrong about that. The next Week they lost at Southwestern. Overall Haddix is a better coach. But Both Browne and Haddix had success at Perry unlike some others in the past.
zaga_fan Wrote:I was there through all of that crap, ladies.
We suffered through an 0-10 season in 2000 with Coach Searcy and then a 3-7 one in 2001 before they went to Browne.

The schedule was loaded with some easy wins for Brown, but at the same time, not many teams around here were going to compete for that district's title as stacked as it was.

With Browne's first run at Perry, he had Tewayne Willis (signed to play running back at Kentucky) and Al Holland (signed to play QB for Wake Forest) in the backfield. Justin Lamb at WR, Jonathan Watts and Dennis Estep on defense, several talented linemen. I think they went to Clint Perry at RB after Tewayne left and I don't know if Browne coached after when Tewayne's brother Brandon was the feature back. That team was really talented and I always felt coach Browne was a good coach, but was never able to break through the glass ceiling.

Browne never had "very very bad" teams at Perry. When he came back to Perry he had Jordan Amis at QB, some very talented WRs and the best linebacker I've ever seen come through the mountains (Matt Robinson).

I will concede the teams at Perry were not successful when he got there - but in both his runs at Perry he just had some kids that needed a year or so to develop. Haddix did benefit from a good team when he got there, but let's not look down on his accomplishments at Perry.

As much success as Bert Browne had at Perry, the man NEVER won a playoff game. I don't know how most of you guys measure success, but that isn't anything to write home about. Again, I think Bert is a good coach. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Coached him for 1 year in 2006, Browne's first season back.
And to say tewayne willis and matt robinson wasnt top notch talent is almost laughable.