Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 35 Corbin 34
The score was closer than it should have been but one has to be impressed with the Corbin will to continue to fight and their on the fly adjustments considerably slowed the Cards offense. As a Cards fan, I was surprised we wore down as much as we did. Despite #55's claim we were not tired, we were
I feel pretty good about the fact that we won't commit that many mistakes to keep a team in the game again in the next 2-3 years. That is just not Mayfield like. Without those silly miscues, people would be talking about how we just blew Corbin out.
By the way, on the blocked punt, we only had 10 players on the field.
Disagree. Ride the momentum. The kicker had already had one blocked and missed one. If he gets one of those it would have already been tied up.
What are you disagreeing about? On the first Mayfield drive, the punt was blocked for a scoop and score. We only had 10 players on the field. A freshman didn't realize he was supposed to be out there.
Come on Mayfield fans, other teams make plays. Perceived mistakes are others playing better at that moment. Nobody is perfect.
But, that is what Mayfield prides ourselves on. We limit the mistakes and take advantage of others mistakes. That is very important to being successful.
All the what if's... so what if Corbin's O had showed up before the half? Talk it until everyone is red in the face if you like but with a 1 point difference both teams had mistakes, both teams had some players missing that would made a difference & maybe they were just a good matchup at that time! But at the end of it the respect must be given to a team everyone said running clock was a sure deal. I think it's very safe to say this game could easily have gone the win to Corbin. Reguardless, I'm more about the dance off Mayfield was having during Halftime. Maybe that time would have been better spent discussing strategies but what do I know? I will say none were dancing when they left though.... I guess that's because they knew they had just been beaten.
That's right, Corbin didn't even belong on the same field as mayfield. Mayfield blocked their own punt then recovered it for a touchdown. Mayfield returned their own interception for 75 yards and a touchdown. Mayfield ran over their own linebackers for two scores and mayfield stopped themselves in the second half. Shoot that was the plan all along. I heard mayfields coach saying "okay guys we know we have them beat. Let's let them come back now". Don't get me wrong Mayfield is a heck of a football team. They deserved to win. All I'm saying is quit trying to take away the fact that Corbin made some good plays as well. They deserved to be in this game and as I said before if it was played 9 more times, the record would be 5-5 or 6-4 either way. All games would be close.
"It was a 1 point game but we should have won easily by 70. "

Lol you Mayfield fans crack me up.
mysonis55 Wrote:But, that is what Mayfield prides ourselves on. We limit the mistakes and take advantage of others mistakes. That is very important to being successful.

Corbin doesn't even try to do that. Not at all..... Big Grin
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:"It was a 1 point game but we should have won easily by 70. "

Lol you Mayfield fans crack me up.

The same few fans crowed like roosters after they squeaked past Williamsburg by 1. thankfully, they have some other classy fans Smile
No one has tried to take anything away from anyone. Bottom line is, when you look at the schedule, even without the number 1 back and with some uncharacteristic mistakes, there is a W beside this game for MHS. Just like it was in 2014 there Doug. I don't understand what the issue here is. Trust me, you won't find a Mayfield fan one that doesn't want this to be positive for the red bone hounds. We would love to see them be the east rep for state.
Mayfield fans can drive you nuts before a game but are generally pretty gracious afterwards. Hope the Cards keep up their winning ways.
What does it take to get a post approved by the monitors?! I've attempted multiple times to post on different topics, nothing distasteful, nothing with foul language just simply expressing my opinion & view yet I canNOT get post approval for whatever reason! Watch & see....this will get post approval but NOT what I wanted posted..... Think I have read my last thread from BGR because it appears to be biased.
No matter how you slice it, it was a very solid win for Mayfield.. Corbin was coming off 3 consecutive weeks of beating Central, Danville and Southwestern, 3 ranked and respected teams and on top of that, had only given up a grand total of 35 points on the season against that type of schedule. In other words, the Red Hounds were no slouches. I do agree, from a statistical stand point, the score shouldn't have been as close as it was, but, good teams do things that get them wins, like blocking punts, intercepting passes, cashing in on bad snaps and field position, etc.. It's not like Mayfield just handed them those plays. The Hounds forced them and then their depth started taking it's toll late in the game. That's why you play 4 quarters and not just 2, because all that is a factor in the outcome. I do think the Cardinals offense was very, very impressive to be able to do what they did against that Hound defense, especially with there all everything RB not playing. He's a huge part of that offense and this game just proved that the Cards have a ton of weapons and ways to beat you. From Corbin's standpoint, I think this game will help them should they get down early in games in the playoffs, just having confidence in knowing they can comeback late and make good adjustments to get them back in games.
mysonis55 Wrote:No one has tried to take anything away from anyone. Bottom line is, when you look at the schedule, even without the number 1 back and with some uncharacteristic mistakes, there is a W beside this game for MHS. Just like it was in 2014 there Doug. I don't understand what the issue here is. Trust me, you won't find a Mayfield fan one that doesn't want this to be positive for the red bone hounds. We would love to see them be the east rep for state.

running clock by 3rd quarter seems like you're taking a lot away from them and underestimating them when you should give them credit for forcing your birds into mistakes. don't be a bird brain. nobody likes a bird brain besides a bird brain.
Personally I think you have to give Corbin special teams, and defense credit for the points they scored. Mayfield dominated in some phases of the game, but in others Corbin did. Offense, and Defense is great to dominate in , but there is also special teams which Corbin definitely won. It was a close game because the score is all that matters. I would like to see these eastern fans quit being hypocrites. While I believe the score is more important, seems a lot of eastern fans believe yards is more important. All you have to do is look up anything about mayfield, and williamsburg 2014. I like higher final scores, but since the eastern fans have told us for 2 years that williamsburg dominated that game because of more yards I'd like to see the same person say mayfield dominated Corbin because of more yards. Not that it's how I feel, but lets see if they will say it now since that's there belief, or will we just hear crickets.
Two rich tradition high school teams.. Sounds like a great game. Move on!!
Moral victory for Williamsburg, but still didn't get the ring!!
I also don't want mayfield to think I'm taking anything away from them. They are a heck of a football team and I hope to watch them and Corbin both play for state championships this December.
Kibbles 'n' Vick Wrote:What does it take to get a post approved by the monitors?! I've attempted multiple times to post on different topics, nothing distasteful, nothing with foul language just simply expressing my opinion & view yet I canNOT get post approval for whatever reason! Watch & see....this will get post approval but NOT what I wanted posted..... Think I have read my last thread from BGR because it appears to be biased.

Nobody here is biased to members about what they want to post.

There may be a total of 3 or 4 of us MODS who actually get around to checking new post, which means it can take a day or two sometimes before we get to it.

You also only have 3 post as of now which means you will have to have 2 more moderated and approved before you can freely start posting. you need to go ahead and make two more post and get your moderation over with.
Kibbles 'n' Vick Wrote:What does it take to get a post approved by the monitors?! I've attempted multiple times to post on different topics, nothing distasteful, nothing with foul language just simply expressing my opinion & view yet I canNOT get post approval for whatever reason! Watch & see....this will get post approval but NOT what I wanted posted..... Think I have read my last thread from BGR because it appears to be biased.

I'm not a mod, but it may have something to do with your handle. While very funny it is a little distasteful.
I didn't know "silly little miscues" were worth a running clock Confusednicker:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Personally I think you have to give Corbin special teams, and defense credit for the points they scored. Mayfield dominated in some phases of the game, but in others Corbin did. Offense, and Defense is great to dominate in , but there is also special teams which Corbin definitely won. It was a close game because the score is all that matters. I would like to see these eastern fans quit being hypocrites. While I believe the score is more important, seems a lot of eastern fans believe yards is more important. All you have to do is look up anything about mayfield, and williamsburg 2014. I like higher final scores, but since the eastern fans have told us for 2 years that williamsburg dominated that game because of more yards I'd like to see the same person say mayfield dominated Corbin because of more yards. Not that it's how I feel, but lets see if they will say it now since that's there belief, or will we just hear crickets.

You're one of my favorite Mayfield fans :1:
We should have ran that clock on the red dogs. We need to have our red birds run some extra sprints Monday as punishment for this. I am really upset over this as I drove all the way over there to see a running clock after #55 assured me that it would be a running clock
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:We should have ran that clock on the red dogs. We need to have our red birds run some extra sprints Monday as punishment for this. I am really upset over this as I drove all the way over there to see a running clock after #55 assured me that it would be a running clock

55 needs to do the sprints.
Mayfield needs to work on not making turnover, Corbin look a little better in the turnover department....And dang who was punting the ball for Corbin the other night best punter I have seen all year..:Cheerlead
I believe it was MayfieldCardinal, not I that said it cost us a running clock Dougie. Besides that, since you like to accuse people of being a troll all the time, just why the heck are you in a Mayfield/Corbin thread. I didn't see Whitley Co mentioned anywhere. But, thanks for sharing your infinate wisdom of football with us.
Calm down #55, we are all just having a little fun. I'm just glad to have a W against a great team like Corbin
I'm calm. I think Dougie eats dinner with a sour look on his face every day though. He will smarten up some day and just adopt the Cardinals, much like 64 did.