Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 35 Greenup County 13 Final
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I think the way the coaches approached this game by having Raceland warm up at their place and not walking on the field until about five minutes before the game made the Rams tight in the first half.I think it should have been Business as usual in the game should have been approached that way

Didn't want to fool with the JFL fiasco of two years ago. If you remember we barely got to warm up because of the time mismanagement when they kept their JFL kids on the field forever. By the rules you have to be given x amount of time to warm up before the game. That's probably why they warmed up at home. That's not the first time we've done this.

The kids weren't tight because we showed up during the National Anthem.
Have you ever announced? Have you ever spotted for an announcer?? Before you go running your mouth about someone try doing it yourself. Oh but I'm sure your all's PA have never got anyone's name wrong?? Really tired of you all's entitled attitude. How about we discuss football and not announcing.
2 years ago your coach was given the option to warm up on the practice field and he refused to do so. Instead he enjoyed having his team interfere with the Jfl night. It was moved to half time this year to avoid that fiasco, maybe he should have asked what the schedule was this year.
FBALL Wrote:Nope. 7-3

Greenup County (2-2)

Remaining games

Sep 16 @ Lawrence County (2-2)
Sep 23 @ East Carter (1-2)
Sep 30 Rowan County (0-4)
Oct 7 @ Johnson Central (3-0)
Oct 14 Ashland Blazer (1-2)
Oct 21 @ Boyd County (3-0)

Last win vs. Lawrence County was 2008.
Last win vs. Johnson Central was 2003.
Last win vs. Ashland was 1999.

Boyd County is always a tough place to get a win - especially since they are currently undefeated. BC plays a tough Russell team on the road this week, too. Will know more about BC on Friday.

Tough road ahead, but good luck!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Something that you won't find in the paper or on a stat sheet but was huge in this game was the play of jarred manis , last year Jackson lived in Racelands backfield causing all kinds of problems I don't even remember his name being called on Friday night . Hell of job young man.

Very few people recognize what a good offensive lineman does. Most people have enough football knowledge to know when an offensive lineman gets beat, but don't understand the job they do to make holes and protect the QB. I too feel that Manis was key in keeping Jackson low on the stat sheet. Great job Jared.
Fly By Night Wrote:Greenup County (2-2)

Remaining games

Sep 16 @ Lawrence County (2-2)
Sep 23 @ East Carter (1-2)
Sep 30 Rowan County (0-4)
Oct 7 @ Johnson Central (3-0)
Oct 14 Ashland Blazer (1-2)
Oct 21 @ Boyd County (3-0)

Last win vs. Lawrence County was 2008.
Last win vs. Johnson Central was 2003.
Last win vs. Ashland was 1999.

Boyd County is always a tough place to get a win - especially since they are currently undefeated. BC plays a tough Russell team on the road this week, too. Will know more about BC on Friday.

Tough road ahead, but good luck!

Man Greenup Does have a tough road ahead!! Hopefully injuries won't be a factor and this schedule will have them playing allot stronger ball late in the season!
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Very few people recognize what a good offensive lineman does. Most people have enough football knowledge to know when an offensive lineman gets beat, but don't understand the job they do to make holes and protect the QB. I too feel that Manis was key in keeping Jackson low on the stat sheet. Great job Jared.

I agree 100%. I was really proud of the entire line. They all looked a little suprised when GCs DL smacked them in the mouth the first few possessions. But by half time, they found their stride. This game was the first time in probably 8 years that I saw a Raceland team flip a switch and put a team away. If the last three TDs Raceland scored, are a sign of what they are capable of when the game gets in the 4th quarter, I really like the direction we are headed.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree 100%. I was really proud of the entire line. They all looked a little suprised when GCs DL smacked them in the mouth the first few possessions. But by half time, they found their stride. This game was the first time in probably 8 years that I saw a Raceland team flip a switch and put a team away. If the last three TDs Raceland scored, are a sign of what they are capable of when the game gets in the 4th quarter, I really like the direction we are headed.

Raceland was close to putting Greenup away from the second quarter on and finally did . I love the play calling this year it make them a lot harder to defend and it's clear to me when Raceland has a team on the ropes Salmons has no problem with calling the plays to put teams away
The onsides kick was stupid....JS
I liked it
You would...... Hahahahaha