Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Clay County ( Appalachian Bowl )
Not going to be pretty for the tigers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Here's the tougher prediction

How many Offensive Plays until Corbin has a running clock?

I will say 20 Offensive Plays

You take the over or the under?

I'll take the over. . . But not by much.
T24 Wrote:These bowl games are supposed to fit "evenly" matched teams against each other for competition purposes and to test where a team is.

Where does the criteria of a bowl say that? Bowl games generally are to generate revenue for the team that hosts. Or to get a team home games without having to return the game. Sometimes bowls are in conjunction with a festival or event. I think Clay will have a good crowd getting both us and Corbin up there and that's what they want, to make money.

it might have been smart to get another bad team to come, but who pays to watch bad teams play each other.......
This will get ugly quick. Running clock. 48-6
There is no criteria that states that Proud Panther you are correct, but most of the time, bowl games are scheduled were teams will receive a test. Not knocking Clay County, but how is this game a test for Corbin? How does it prepare them for Danville next week, Southwestern the week after, or Mayfield the following? Not saying that all bowl games should be scheduled "even" but most of the time that is what people are aiming for I would figure in these events.
I look forward to seeing all my clay county friends, me and 64 sur and the Harlan County legend mikey clem will be there.
I don't know if I am going make the trip to clay county may stay in Harlan county and watch it on wymt
The Hounds will cruise in this one. I look for the Hounds to take care of business early and let clock run out on the Tigers. This will be a good game to build the confidence of some of the younger guys, who Haddix may have to rely on down the stretch. Hounds win 48-7.
Who going to invite me to the greatest highschool tailgate party trackside Confusedinglepar
T24 Wrote:I agree with your statement (@WalterWhite) on the benefit of both teams. For Corbin, it actually works out considering their upcoming schedule after this game. @Danville, @Southwestern, and neutral site against Mayfield. But I do agree. These bowl games are supposed to fit "evenly" matched teams against each other for competition purposes and to test where a team is. This does not do this on either accord. I would say that the bowl game is wanting Corbin in their bowl as well because of the sheer number of fans who will follow this team to play. It will help gate for sure.

T24 Wrote:There is no criteria that states that Proud Panther you are correct, but most of the time, bowl games are scheduled were teams will receive a test. Not knocking Clay County, but how is this game a test for Corbin? How does it prepare them for Danville next week, Southwestern the week after, or Mayfield the following? Not saying that all bowl games should be scheduled "even" but most of the time that is what people are aiming for I would figure in these events.

You don't get a "test" every day in school and you don't get one every week on the Football field. They were "tested" against Central and passed. Even though they beat Whitley badly, it was a rival game and a test, and they aced it. They will have other tests like you mention against Danville, Southwestern and Mayfield. All those are "tests" to prepare them for their District and post season. They will have enough challenges ahead
How many ways are there to say this is going to be a BIG Corbin win.....

At least 39 (since this the 40th post)
You could spot Clay 24 points and they will still lose by 20............Corbin 55-6
cchsfan4life Wrote:You could spot Clay 24 points and they will still lose by 20............Corbin 55-6

OUCH! coaching experience, the most athletic player on the field, and home field advantage goes to us. Don't think it will be enough to get it done against those mighty hounds of Corbin, can we keep it close at all?
Corbin has a whole lot of experience from their coaching staff and more success. Also, Corbin QB will be the best player on the field. Hounds by a bunch if they don't play around.
Clay by 40