Poll: Paintsville @ Pikeville 9/2
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
46.15%
Pikeville
53.85%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville 9/2
TigerBlues Wrote:Floppy sand bag melons at it again TongueirateSho

My prediction if correct means BG!TongueirateSho
bac2369 Wrote:I'm not.. Just stating my point it's a new year and every team is different and who knows how it's going to be... I've spent all summer about how good Paintsville was going to be and how solid hazard was going to be.... Raceland is improved as well.. Nicholas will be tough later and after two games Williamsburg isn't to shabby and got an excellent passing game.

All the talk isn't going to matter. Hazard must prove it is much better than a first half running clock on the field. Nobody is going to just concede they are even with the top teams.
jetpilot Wrote:All the talk isn't going to matter. Hazard must prove it is much better than a first half running clock on the field. Nobody is going to just concede they are even with the top teams.

Wow. What keen insight there. Where was it ever said that somebody was gonna concede anything to hazard?
Pikeville 42-14. I may be wrong, but feel that Paintsville is overrated.
Easy Wind Wrote:Wow. What keen insight there. Where was it ever said that somebody was gonna concede anything to hazard?

That's what bac is always expecting Break Wind!!!TongueirateSho
Cant figure most teams in 1A out just yet. Raceland and Pikeville both had good wins against solid larger schools. Neither of which did so in such a flawless and seemless fashion though, that really turned many heads though. Hazard and Paintsville havent played anyone that gives them credibility into the top, imo. This game will give us a score and a winner. Thats about it lol. The regular season winner has gotten knocked out of the playoffs the last two years by the loser, Pikeville has more atheletes and big play threats, Paintsville's OL, as it stands right now looks to be a bit more solid and has Phelps. Just a hard one for me to figure out right now.

Imo, Paintsville has to prove they are still the type of team they were last year, in regaurds to being true contenders. Id put Pikeville at 1, Raceland at 2 and paintsville/hazard at 3 in the east right now. Just based on this seasons body of work.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Cant figure most teams in 1A out just yet. Raceland and Pikeville both had good wins against solid larger schools. Neither of which did so in such a flawless and seemless fashion though, that really turned many heads though. Hazard and Paintsville havent played anyone that gives them credibility into the top, imo. This game will give us a score and a winner. Thats about it lol. The regular season winner has gotten knocked out of the playoffs the last two years by the loser, Pikeville has more atheletes and big play threats, Paintsville's OL, as it stands right now looks to be a bit more solid and has Phelps. Just a hard one for me to figure out right now.

Imo, Paintsville has to prove they are still the type of team they were last year, in regaurds to being true contenders. Id put Pikeville at 1, Raceland at 2 and paintsville/hazard at 3 in the east right now. Just based on this seasons body of work.

Deeming Paintsville OL more solid after beating two JV teams? No idea how solid they are until Friday.
I said it in the "Paintsville 2016" thread, the OL is gonna be the question mark. After the first two games, I still say the OL is the question mark. We still have some work to do up front. I think they will be fine as the season progress, we just gotta get better each week.
Redneck Wrote:I said it in the "Paintsville 2016" thread, the OL is gonna be the question mark. After the first two games, I still say the OL is the question mark. We still have some work to do up front. I think they will be fine as the season progress, we just gotta get better each week.

Both teams will be improving all year.:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:All the talk isn't going to matter. Hazard must prove it is much better than a first half running clock on the field. Nobody is going to just concede they are even with the top teams.

I agree Hazard must prove it.. But I can tell you one thing is for sure that people will be eyeing the hazard and Letcher score Friday!
But I can tell you one thing though if hazard has 7 turnovers in another game again I do not expect them to win..
bac2369 Wrote:I agree Hazard must prove it.. But I can tell you one thing is for sure that people will be eyeing the hazard and Letcher score Friday!
But I can tell you one thing though if hazard has 7 turnovers in another game again I do not expect them to win..

Will Hazard have any answer if and when a good D is shutting Smith down?
jetpilot Wrote:Will Hazard have any answer if and when a good D is shutting Smith down?

That is the question.. 25 carries for 234 against Pineville and 29 carries for 232 against Fairview...

Hazard hasn't had to rely on that pass too much so far. Bu Letcher has a good run defense so we will see Friday and it will help to have an even healthier Blair at QB.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree Hazard must prove it.. But I can tell you one thing is for sure that people will be eyeing the hazard and Letcher score Friday!

I was scoreboard watching at Racelands game on Friday and kept asking how in the world is Fairview staying with Hazard, not seen either play but Fairview lost the house this year and only have somewhere around 23 kids dressing come to find out Hazard kept turning the ball over which let Fairview hang around
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I was scoreboard watching at Racelands game on Friday and kept asking how in the world is Fairview staying with Hazard, not seen either play but Fairview lost the house this year and only have somewhere around 23 kids dressing come to find out Hazard kept turning the ball over which let Fairview hang around

If you can keep from making mistakes and turnovers I can see a running clock or 4 TDs better.
Watched the first half of LCC/Pikeville game. The Panthers looked pretty good throwing the ball. However, they seem to struggle running between the tackles. Didn't see the 2nd half...so I don't know if they made the necessary adjustments....but if Pikeville struggles to run against Paintsville....it could get real interesting at Hambley
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Watched the first half of LCC/Pikeville game. The Panthers looked pretty good throwing the ball. However, they seem to struggle running between the tackles. Didn't see the 2nd half...so I don't know if they made the necessary adjustments....but if Pikeville struggles to run against Paintsville....it could get real interesting at Hambley

Pikeville defense is still pretty solid but are yet to see an offense that can move the ball efficiently.. Paintsville gets a chance to prove there offense can score against a good defense. I know a lot of people are hurt that Pikeville didn't get a running clock but it goes to show you what a new year can do for you.. But I can see being upset that they couldn't get a run game started.. I think Rhodes only broke 1 big play and that was on a 3rd and forever with a counter draw.... They honestly was playing it safe and Letcher didn't expect a run..
Let her had 120 yards in penalties and their best player tossed out of the game late in the 2nd quarter down 8-0 .Wow Pikeville o-line looked terrible.How many rushing yards did they have? Letcher simply didn't have as many athletes in space but controlled the line of scrimmage. No Pugh no title !
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Let her had 120 yards in penalties and their best player tossed out of the game late in the 2nd quarter down 8-0 .Wow Pikeville o-line looked terrible.How many rushing yards did they have? Letcher simply didn't have as many athletes in space but controlled the line of scrimmage. No Pugh no title !

I tend to agree with TDKY about Pikeville's O-line against LCC. Pikeville's offense looked the best with Bataille moving slightly left to right in the pocket and hitting crossing patterns or out routes. Definitely a nice looking QB. Should be a whale of a game.....if....Paintsville still has enough guns to compete for 4 quarters
Do we know for sure how many players are on Pikeville's roster ... Thought I had read around 50 but the announcers on WYMT said it was more around 30 ... Also how many is Paintsville dressing out?
Paintsville - 28

Pikeville - 21
PHSFAN Wrote:Do we know for sure how many players are on Pikeville's roster ... Thought I had read around 50 but the announcers on WYMT said it was more around 30 ... Also how many is Paintsville dressing out?

Paintsville has around 44 dressing
Easy Wind Wrote:Pikeville 42-14. I may be wrong, but feel that Paintsville is overrated.
If The Pikeville offense and especially the Pikeville offensive line plays like they did in the Pike county bowl they will not hang 42 on Paintsville...going to take a lot of improvement in a short amount of time... By the end of the season they will probably be a very good offensive team with a solid offensive line but they got a way to go from what I saw Saturday night. The defense on the other hand is already pretty good and will be a hand full come playoff time for any Class A team or any team on their schedule besides Belfry.
I don't feel like Paintsville has played anyone first 2 games but they've put up 42 and 43 points basically in first half and 2nd team has played the 2nd half. I don't feel as if Pikeville has played the best competition in thier first 2 games but I think Prestonsburg had a lead after the first and letcher central game could have been 8-0 half time. Paintsville has a player that I feel hasn't showed up to play yet. Pikeville QB hasn't been pressured any.
I think whoever has the least turnovers will win the game but in the past whoever wins this game gets beat the following game when it counts.
I hope for an injury free game.

My prediction Paintsville 28 Pikeville 20 with a late turnover in the 4th.
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville has around 44 dressing

Pretty impressive!! Isn't Paintsville one of the smallest class A schools in the state? I love seeing the resurgence of the Tigers football program.
PHS4life Wrote:I don't feel like Paintsville has played anyone first 2 games but they've put up 42 and 43 points basically in first half and 2nd team has played the 2nd half. I don't feel as if Pikeville has played the best competition in thier first 2 games but I think Prestonsburg had a lead after the first and letcher central game could have been 8-0 half time. Paintsville has a player that I feel hasn't showed up to play yet. Pikeville QB hasn't been pressured any.
I think whoever has the least turnovers will win the game but in the past whoever wins this game gets beat the following game when it counts.
I hope for an injury free game.

My prediction Paintsville 28 Pikeville 20 with a late turnover in the 4th.

Injury free would be great. Against Frankfort we lost one of our DB's to a knee injury, who was a returning starter
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Let her had 120 yards in penalties and their best player tossed out of the game late in the 2nd quarter down 8-0 .Wow Pikeville o-line looked terrible.How many rushing yards did they have? Letcher simply didn't have as many athletes in space but controlled the line of scrimmage. No Pugh no title !

Controlling the LOS and had only a TD with a minute left against Freshman team D....hmmm.

Pikeville really has shown only extremely vanilla running game. When you start seeing multiple backs, Charles getting 10 or more carries, I-formation, etc, they will be a whole different animal.
PHSFAN Wrote:Do we know for sure how many players are on Pikeville's roster ... Thought I had read around 50 but the announcers on WYMT said it was more around 30 ... Also how many is Paintsville dressing out?
Announcers were wrong. Right at about 46 dressing or so, and 6 waiting to be cleared if I remember correctly. Have NO idea where they got the 30 number because hell, you can look at the video from the game and see that on the sideline alone.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Cant figure most teams in 1A out just yet. Raceland and Pikeville both had good wins against solid larger schools. Neither of which did so in such a flawless and seemless fashion though, that really turned many heads though. Hazard and Paintsville havent played anyone that gives them credibility into the top, imo. This game will give us a score and a winner. Thats about it lol. The regular season winner has gotten knocked out of the playoffs the last two years by the loser, Pikeville has more atheletes and big play threats, Paintsville's OL, as it stands right now looks to be a bit more solid and has Phelps. Just a hard one for me to figure out right now.

The Burg will beat your Rams again Confusednicker:
PHSForever Wrote:Announcers were wrong. Right at about 46 dressing or so, and 6 waiting to be cleared if I remember correctly. Have NO idea where they got the 30 number because hell, you can look at the video from the game and see that on the sideline alone.

Wow 6? Who all has transferred in?
PHSForever Wrote:Announcers were wrong. Right at about 46 dressing or so, and 6 waiting to be cleared if I remember correctly. Have NO idea where they got the 30 number because hell, you can look at the video from the game and see that on the sideline alone.
I watched the game on WYMT's website live feed and they showed the visitor sideline clearly from the camera view because the camera was on top of the press box I guess but you really could not hardly see the Pikeville sideline ... I knew that had to be wrong though and it had to be at least 40... Hopefully we can end up with close to 50 here soon.