Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 20 Ashland 13
The development of three players will depict how far the offense goes. Octavious Hall, Judd Adkins, and Damon Black. Bailey is the work horse, Cherry is turning into the possession reciever we had in Jamison last year, and Webb is our primary verticle threat. Damon has to run the ball with the same effort he did on the last drive every time. He waits too long to make a decision. When he runs down hill he is a great back. Judd has huge potential. Our offense is much more effecient than last year. I strongly and with all my might, hope and pray, that that damn reverse pass goes away. We are not that team any more. We are stronger, faster, and in much better shape than we have been. We never once looked beat or up against the ropes. Have to tackle better in the open field.

Ashland will be solid once they get Roberts and Brown back. Couburn (sp) will be their difference maker. Line play was pitiful for ashlands standards.

Our LBs have to be better when the play breaks down. No reason that a QB/RB should get away when the DL gets penetration like they did tonight.

Nathaniel has turned into a damn good QB. He and the recievers must have worked their asses off this week because they were pretty locked in. Would have liked to see us take a few more shots downfield. Cam was burning their corner all night. Still alot to work on, but the defense, fight, and conditioning on this team is way ahead of where the last 2 or 3 teams has been. And whoever said this was the worst Ram squad they have seen in awhile, must not have watched last years squad weeks 1-8.
^^^^^it was a Russell fan Scotty.He knows they have another ass beating coming their way and is crying already.
I've been critical of the offensive line , last night they played good , a lot better than last week coach Francis is doing a great job with those guys and they are working hard .. Raceland still has way to many bad snaps , that really cost us in the third quarter have to change that quick
Even with the bad snaps , The line is playing better than. Last year especially at center
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:What was wrong with the kickoffs? No long run backs. The best field position that Ashland had after a kickoff was their own 35 yard line, so what else do you want out of the kickoff team?

You're right in that Ashland didn't have long run backs. Didn't all of Raceland's kickoffs go out of bounds? That's all I meant.

As far as the play calls, there is no need for Raceland to be putting the ball in anyone else's hands to pass. Davidson has turned into a good QB. The reverse pass was essentially a gift interception for Ashland.

The shotgun snaps need to be a lot higher.

All in all, Raceland is a pretty good team that can go a long way this season. They have the best shot of anyone in our NEKY area to go far in the playoffs. Johnson Central must be the real deal judging from last night's score so Ashland's road will end there...and Russell has to face Belfry...

[attachment=o3400]

...so I hope Raceland represents our corner of the state well this year.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I do want to say this.... Even when the Rams are bad we fill the stands and support our team.I was shocked to see the low turn out for the Tomcats tonight.So your team ain't up to par so u choose to stay home and show your kids no support????Bad form......very bad form.

I don't know what stands you were looking at. I Sat on the Raceland side and Ashlands stands looked pretty full.Also they had a lot in the closed in section. I've been to a lot of Raceland games when the stands weren't full. I'm sure the heat kept some fans away.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Why is it when we beat Ashland they are awful? We just dominated period. Poor poor putty tats. Dominated defensively anyway. Putty tats best play was 3rd and long.

Are you saying this a good Ashland team?
washed up Wrote:Are you saying this a good Ashland team?

What's being said is The better team won , Raceland beat Ashalnd upfront , out gained them on the ground , out gained them in the air and over came some down right crappy calls and some not all but some don't wanna give any credit it's all about how bad Ashlans is not how well Raceland played .. 1A Raceland beat 4A Ashland in every categoric that's counted go ahead and say how this game don't mean much to Ashland and the community that's the reason Ashlands fans storm the field every time they beat Raceland. Why don't you just say good game the better team won and good luck the rest of the season
nekysportsfan Wrote:You're right in that Ashland didn't have long run backs. Didn't all of Raceland's kickoffs go out of bounds? That's all I meant.

As far as the play calls, there is no need for Raceland to be putting the ball in anyone else's hands to pass. Davidson has turned into a good QB. The reverse pass was essentially a gift interception for Ashland.

The shotgun snaps need to be a lot higher.

All in all, Raceland is a pretty good team that can go a long way this season. They have the best shot of anyone in our NEKY area to go far in the playoffs. Johnson Central must be the real deal judging from last night's score so Ashland's road will end there...and Russell has to face Belfry...

[attachment=o3400]

...so I hope Raceland represents our corner of the state well this year.

We kicked off 4 times. 2 were fielded inside the 20 yard line with approximately 10 yard returns. 2 went out of bounds near the 25 yard line. One of those landed on the out of bounds line and bounced bock on the field. No Ashland players near it. If it had been 6 more inches to the right, Raceland could have recovered and took possession.
I'll tell you one thing that hasn't been mentioned......Coach Love coached one hell of a game.I think it's the first time I've ever seen Ashland try to slow the game down.He done a fine job of playing keep away the second half.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:What's being said is The better team won , Raceland beat Ashalnd upfront , out gained them on the ground , out gained them in the air and over came some down right crappy calls and some not all but some don't wanna give any credit it's all about how bad Ashlans is not how well Raceland played .. 1A Raceland beat 4A Ashland in every categoric that's counted go ahead and say how this game don't mean much to Ashland and the community that's the reason Ashlands fans storm the field every time they beat Raceland. Why don't you just say good game the better team won and good luck the rest of the season

Don't disagree Raceland was and is the better team this year. where would you rank this Ashland team in the last ten years of Ashland teams?
^^^to soon to tell.I believe there are some playmakers on this Ashland team for sure.Until the line gets a little better it's gonna be tough for them to win
washed up Wrote:Don't disagree Raceland was and is the better team this year. where would you rank this Ashland team in the last ten years of Ashland teams?

2007 Ashland was 2-8 so they may beat out this year's team for being the worst Ashland team in the last 10 years. Raceland beat the 2008 Ashland team, freshman Sam Hunter took over at QB 3 games later, and Ashland fielded some pretty good teams over the next 8 seasons with names like Hunter, Withrow, Whetsel, and Quentin Baker. I would rank this team at 9 out of the last 10 Ashland teams.

Incidentally, I think that 2008 Raceland team was the best Raceland team in the last 10 years.
washed up Wrote:Don't disagree Raceland was and is the better team this year. where would you rank this Ashland team in the last ten years of Ashland teams?

It was Ashlands first game , in no way can u rank a team by one game against other past teams .. But I will say you can't lose two D1 players like OBryan and Baker and not think there will be some growing pains especially the first game without them
Everyone is missing the point. The comment was made that people say when Raceland wins Ashland was awful. I asked a couple questions and it seems like you are also saying that Raceland has won when Ashland is down. The point that I am trying to get to is...you also believe this and maybe you shouldn't.
Great win by the Rams, don't care if you think Ashland is down or not a win at Putnam Is always a good win. D-Line did a great job LB have to do better tackling. Most OF Tom Cats yards were from busted plays. O-line still has a lot of work. Rams are going to have to find a center that can get the ball to Davidson. Few other lineman need to do a better job and not just go through the motion. Footwork is a big thing and at times a few seemed Lazy. Have to get that first step. Things are looking up. Rams not where they need to be but we have plenty more games to line that out.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Even with the bad snaps , The line is playing better than. Last year especially at center

I figured Fairchild would have been moved to center by now. Current center struggles with getting Davidson the ball throughout the game. I see they have Fairchild, Hall and Wallace rotating in D-dense but snaps r killing us right now.
Here's something to think about but before I say this in no way am I comparing the two teams. Most people I talk to say the 08 Raceland team was the best team to ever put the orange and black on , in 08 Raceland beat Ashland 16-13 in OT ( not 100% on the OT ) and Ashland had a record of 7-5 getting killed by highlands by 50 in the playoffs.. Ashland is a tough place to win especially in the second game of the year and 95 degrees, some can down play it all they want but 20-13 at putman in the heat with bad calls from the zebras is a good win
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Here's something to think about but before I say this in no way am I comparing the two teams. Most people I talk to say the 08 Raceland team was the best team to ever put the orange and black on , in 08 Raceland beat Ashland 16-13 in OT ( not 100% on the OT ) and Ashland had a record of 7-5 getting killed by highlands by 50 in the playoffs.. Ashland is a tough place to win especially in the second game of the year and 95 degrees, some can down play it all they want but 20-13 at putman in the heat with bad calls from the zebras is a good win

It was 19-16 Nut, not 16-13 in OT. It was 16-13 and then we scored on our OT possession.
Idk Nutt....there was some missed calls but I didn't see a bunch of bad calls that was called or wasn't called that went against us. I think the officials sucked because of this..... No holding calls. Racelands second game and Ashlands first and no holding calls?We stopped ourselves from wining this game by double digits... that and coach Loves great coaching job. The man keep his overmatched team in the game.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Idk Nutt....there was some missed calls but I didn't see a bunch of bad calls that was called or wasn't called that went against us. I think the officials sucked because of this..... No holding calls. Racelands second game and Ashlands first and no holding calls?We stopped ourselves from wining this game by double digits... that and coach Loves great coaching job. The man keep his overmatched team in the game.

I think Raceland lineman didn't have to hold and Ashlands lineman didn't want it bad enough to eventually grab someone to keep them out of the backfield and hope no one sees.
Long pass to Cameron going toward Ashland student section , Cameron was hit head on ans knocked down 10 yards short of the ball and Ashland picked it off.. Ashland's qb runs around in the endzone finally chucks one around the 15 yard line not a Tomcat within 10-15 yards that should've been a safety . Nathaniel got hit 5 yards out of bounds right in front of a ref no call. That was just to name a few . But I do agree with no holding calls not sure how none of those were called but to be honest I kept waiting on one to be called against Raceland on a big play . Raceland had their share of shooting themselves in the foot especially on snaps Raceland has 5-7 bad snaps each game one cost us a big drive in the third quarter it went from 1-10 to 2nd and 28 that has to be fixed
Slic Ric Wrote:It was 19-16 Nut, not 16-13 in OT. It was 16-13 and then we scored on our OT possession.
My bad but I was close
Gonna be a long year for the Ams if they can't handle the depleted Puttytats better than that.
Don't worry Fball....your evils beat down is coming soon enough.Dont rush it.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:What about the kid for Ashland that existed the field.....on Racelands side of the field???WTF???Pretty sure anywhere else in the country,besides Putnam,that's a penalty

They avoided a penalty because the coach called timeout. As bad as the officiating was in this game, I am certain they would've called that one or Raceland's coaching staff and/or fans would've blown a gasket.
washed up Wrote:Are you saying this a good Ashland team?

I'm not saying they are anything. its the first game of their season. you assland people just assume that if the putty tats get beat by a class a team that they are a bad team.
Did I not say Raceland was and is the better team? Last question, just for fun, if your district ends in a tie that has to use opponents wins to settle the tie, do you think you will be using Ashlands wins? I know it's too early to tell for real but what is your guess?
I would say yes....cause I know our opponents better then you apparently Hahahah
I mean so what......your gonna get blasted by JC again.......is it really that bad??
You guys will beat Greenup and Boyd and whoever else is in your crappy district so yeah....five to six wins are very achievable
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I would say yes....cause I know our opponents better then you apparently Hahahah
I mean so what......your gonna get blasted by JC again.......is it really that bad??
You guys will beat Greenup and Boyd and whoever else is in your crappy district so yeah....five to six wins are very achievable

with that kind of line, their only district wins will likely be over East Carter and Rowan...Greenup and Boyd both seem to have pretty solid lines, if they can keep the effort level up