Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. The Royal Elite International Academy (Canada) - Scrimmage
Will this scrimmage play be by Canadian rules. Just asking :ref1::ref1::ref1::ref2:
64SUR Wrote:Will this scrimmage play be by Canadian rules. Just asking :ref1::ref1::ref1::ref2:

:nope:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Let's see, which is better for my football program. Getting on a bus driving 3 hours and playing a quality opponent like South Western, and getting $5000.00 to boot. (even though you're gonna take a beat down) Or playing ice hockey against some Canadian team you're coach probably paid $10000.00 to so they would come to Johnsonville. This is a big part of the reason JC will always be the 2nd best program in Johnson County.
I hope you are joking.

Warrior 2002 Wrote:Let's see, which is better for my football program. Getting on a bus driving 3 hours and playing a quality opponent like South Western, and getting $5000.00 to boot. (even though you're gonna take a beat down) Or playing ice hockey against some Canadian team you're coach probably paid $10000.00 to so they would come to Johnsonville. This is a big part of the reason JC will always be the 2nd best program in Johnson County.
Warrior is off his MEDS again.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Let's see, which is better for my football program. Getting on a bus driving 3 hours and playing a quality opponent like South Western, and getting $5000.00 to boot. (even though you're gonna take a beat down) Or playing ice hockey against some Canadian team you're coach probably paid $10000.00 to so they would come to Johnsonville. This is a big part of the reason JC will always be the 2nd best program in Johnson County.

Sucks being the 3rd best program in Pulaski County doesn't it.
Armchair QB Wrote:Sucks being the 3rd best program in Pulaski County doesn't it.

I agree Armchair. JC is the best football program in Johnson County. 2015 JC State Finalist vs. PHS Regional Finalist.
Numerous wins in a row at end of series for JC vs. PHS.
Failure by PHS to sign the Apple Bowl contract.

And I would agree that Pulaski County and Somerset are the two best programs in their county.

Feels good to be #1 but must suck when you are #3 in your county.

SW would no agree to a home and away with JC. What the deal with that?
And Eagle84 drops the mic......

[Image: https://m.popkey.co/ef4d84/b0b4q_s-200x150.gif]
What time is the scrimmage!
I was told 7:30.
After a LONG night of football at Golden Eagle field.... here are my observations.

- Our defense is going to be straight up ballin' this year!!!! #NoFlyZone #RunStuffers
- The offense is going to be fine. From the O-Line to the skill positions, the pieces to the puzzle are there. Just need to 'fine tune' some things.

After seeing both scrimmages, against quality competition, the hard work in the off-season has paid off.....
The overall team speed is noticeably faster than last year.
The overall body size for the O-Line and D-Line is insane.

The Royal Imperial Collegiate was the best Canadian team JC has played. We probably won't see a bigger & better O-Line and D-Line until we play Belfry. There QB and WR's were true to their positions and it showed. But, that will only help come later in the season when it counts. When JC did what JC does, we had big runs and scored TD"s when we needed to score TD's. Even without some starters playing tonight, the score was 42-24 with JC winning. There was kick-offs & punts, but with no returns. FOur quarters of play with this being as close to an actual game as possible, but still being a scrimmage.

Two great scrimmages to start off the season..... Cabell Midland and a Private school who that was created as a football boarding academy isn't too bad. I'll say it again, on paper, these have been the two hardest scrimmages and first three weeks of games JC has ever had.

I do want to say prayers go out to the JC player who was injured tonight.
He was blocked, cleanly, and had to be taken off on a stretcher. He was pursing the ball and got blocked. The R.I.C. player did not cheap shot or late hit.... it was a hard football play. He was taken to the local hospital by ambulance.
I couldn't make it tonight. I was too busy watching LC letting a win get alway.
Who was the leading rusher for JC tonight? And who was the QB?
Iron Horse Wrote:I couldn't make it tonight. I was too busy watching LC letting a win get alway.
Who was the leading rusher for JC tonight? And who was the QB?

No idea on rushing stats, I don't think anything official was kept.

We saw a few different looks from JC @ QB....
Offense looked much better tonight and the starting defense only gave up 3pts on a 55yd FG. Heck if you can kick it that far then you deserve it. JC did add 3 picks defensively tonight. Better keep progressing it only gets tougher next week with Capital coming to town.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Offense looked much better tonight and the starting defense only gave up 3pts on a 55yd FG. Heck if you can kick it that far then you deserve it. JC did add 3 picks defensively tonight. Better keep progressing it only gets tougher next week with Capital coming to town.

That was pretty impressive.... and TBH, that kick had at least 6-8 more yards on it.

Would the KHSAA recognize a state record (JC's own Tyler Pack's record) being broken by a Canadian team in a scrimmage?