Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice named Pikeville Head Coach
Of course always the coache's fault...... All coaches love to get rid of players so they can lose.... But this part is true, the coach must run his program with discipline. It is a team sport, and individuals that would rather criticize will cause division...
Big Don Wrote:I predict the talent from Dorton, Virgie, Betsy Layne and the Pike Central kids that can play will migrate towards Pikeville soon. Toss in some exchange students and the Panthers will be the team to beat in the 15th soon.

From what I've heard, there is already kids planning on coming to Pikeville from Dorton and Betsey Lane and one coming back to Pikeville from Magoffin
Pikeville, Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central will set the mark next year as the top teams in the 15th region. South Floyd's new school will challenge everyone the following year.
downunder1999 Wrote:I Googled Elisha Justice and this popped up. Wow!
I bet not many coaches in the state look like this.
[Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hi8YmEHGgPU/Uh...8565_n.jpg]

Well obviously you haven't seen Randy McCoy at the Elkorn pool. But thanks for sharing, I always wondered what the inside of that blue NJN building on Beefhide looked like and what went on in there. Now I know I guess.

Why does this matter?
Huh, wonder if the U of L players cared when he was there?????
Heard from a very reliable source that he is in the process of hiring a retired head coach from the 58th to be his assistant!!
:flame:
downunder1999 Wrote:Dear The Chief:
You have been smoking the wrong type of smoke. The Pikeville City board, hiring committee, parents, and players ALL wanted Elisha Justice. The entire community wanted new blood in the basketball program. The Pikeville community is now once again excited about basketball!

Their are only a few people who didn't want this to happen and will bash Elisha Justice on here the entire time he is coach at Pikeville regardless if he wins 10 state championships are not.

They are: Bart Williams, Williams family, Williams former staff and Shelby Valley's Coach Hicks

It's ironic that you "THE CHIEF" became a member on this message board the day after Coach Hicks was hired at SV and been concerned about the open Pikeville position ever since its been open.

Me thinks downunder1999 speaks with forked tongue.

Old Indian Proverb: White men have too many wannabe chiefs spreading wrongful information.

Me think downunder1999 has man-crush.

Old Indian Proverb: Those who have one foot in canoe, and one foot in boat, will fall into river. - Tuscarora
Sports72 Wrote:Heard from a very reliable source that he is in the process of hiring a retired head coach from the 58th to be his assistant!!
:flame:

Who is the coach or from what school?
clipperw Wrote:Who is the coach or from what school?

Betsy Layne,,,his initials are JN. That help you? They are attempting at this point but JN hasn't accepted. Elisha draws from SV right down the road and JN draws from Betsy Layne right down the road. Got to give them credit they are really putting something together there. Will be intersting to see how well tranfers are accepted at Pikeville though.
This statement makes me SICK.... I can assure you Mr. Williams nor his family will speak bad of Elisha. He is considered a good kid that has always had good work ethics and high morals..... He certainly is not the problem, and no reason to judge the young man..... You owe apologies to this family!!!!
Was speaking about what downunder1999 said
If Coach Justice ends up landing all the kids that he has personally invited to his "Personal" camp, the whole region will struggle to beat PHS. Word of advice, if you are going to go after players be sure that they don't wear Red on Football Friday nights.
McLovin Wrote:Betsy Layne,,,his initials are JN. That help you? They are attempting at this point but JN hasn't accepted. Elisha draws from SV right down the road and JN draws from Betsy Layne right down the road. Got to give them credit they are really putting something together there. Will be intersting to see how well tranfers are accepted at Pikeville though.

Junior Newsome would be a great get for them.
clipperw Wrote:Junior Newsome would be a great get for them.

I agree. Gives the experience to go along with the youth and enthusiasm. He was asked about assiting even before they decided on Justice or Whitaker. Well they decided 2 years ago, so before they formally decided. What is for certain is those two can really shake things up in the district and region in terms of players and coaches. Just not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing.
No way Newsome is going to PHS
specialteams5 Wrote:If Coach Justice ends up landing all the kids that he has personally invited to his "Personal" camp, the whole region will struggle to beat PHS. Word of advice, if you are going to go after players be sure that they don't wear Red on Football Friday nights.

He's not went after any kids especially the ones that wear red on Friday night.
Don't understand all the talk about Pikeville bringing players in. I don't think that is even 1% of their strategy. Plenty of very good athletes at PHS. And didn't their Jr High team just win the county tournament? Future very bright at Pikeville and they are not sitting around talking about bringing players in, you can take that to the bank.:dontthink
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:He's not went after any kids especially the ones that wear red on Friday night.

You might want to re-check your sources.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't understand all the talk about Pikeville bringing players in. I don't think that is even 1% of their strategy. Plenty of very good athletes at PHS. And didn't their Jr High team just win the county tournament? Future very bright at Pikeville and they are not sitting around talking about bringing players in, you can take that to the bank.:dontthink
Agree with this statement. There ARE some good players walking the hallways. It's a matter of getting them out, coaching them up, and getting them to stick with it. Will there be transfers here and there? Of course. Always are. Every school has them. And as Pikeville the city continues to add some growth in the retail sector especially, and the industrial sector down the road, I expect there will be more eventually due to the added jobs (especially in management, which tends to be upper level more experienced people from other locations). I don't think they're sitting around looking for people to cherry pick from other schools at all.
specialteams5 Wrote:You might want to re-check your sources.

I don't have to check my sources Justice is my son-in-law he's not trying to go get any body's kids
jetpilot Wrote:Don't understand all the talk about Pikeville bringing players in. I don't think that is even 1% of their strategy. Plenty of very good athletes at PHS. And didn't their Jr High team just win the county tournament? Future very bright at Pikeville and they are not sitting around talking about bringing players in, you can take that to the bank.:dontthink

I agree totally. Hope my words weren't taken as anything different. I'm not saying they are going to try and bring kids in. I'm saying they wont have to, the kids are going to show up anyway. I know in this area we don't know the difference between begging, promising, and in some ways paying kids to transfer from legit transfers. But want them or not, ask them or not, they will show up there anyway be coached by Justice, Newsome, and Booher. And considering the states of the Valley and Betsy Layne programs expect the majority to be from there.
Justice can longer do individual workouts with kids from other schools, including middle school.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I don't have to check my sources Justice is my son-in-law he's not trying to go get any body's kids

You never know what goes on behind closed doors. But what is done in the dark will come to light.
No way JN goes to Pikeville
Die hard BL man
specialteams5 Wrote:You never know what goes on behind closed doors. But what is done in the dark will come to light.

You definitely don't know my son-in-law when me tells you something you can take it to the bank and he said over and over he's not talking to kids to get them to come to Pikeville but if they come on there own no one will turn them away that's what happens when people like you.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:You definitely don't know my son-in-law when me tells you something you can take it to the bank and he said over and over he's not talking to kids to get them to come to Pikeville but if they come on there own no one will turn them away that's what happens when people like you.
In my experience when someone has to keep saying something over and over they are usually lying or they are guilty of doing something at one point and are trying to redeem themselves.
I have known Coach Justice and his family for 60 years. If Coach says he has not made any contact with players from other schools, you can take it to the bank. But what if HE is contacted by players or parents from other schools. What then? Does he then say I can't talk to you about coming to Pikeville; You need to talk to my principal. This is the process.
oldtimer55 Wrote:I have known Coach Justice and his family for 60 years. If Coach says he has not made any contact with players from other schools, you can take it to the bank. But what if HE is contacted by players or parents from other schools. What then? Does he then say I can't talk to you about coming to Pikeville; You need to talk to my principal. This is the process.
This is exactly what's happening but you can't tell people on here that it's the same thing that happens to us in football and people say the samething about coach Haywood.