Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spears out at Pikeville?
Doe will be introduced Monday as new coach! Good hire!
Haha good one guys! Doe bleeds blue!
new o Wrote:Haha good one guys! Doe bleeds blue!

I hope he does ... I don't think Maroon would look go on him.
Trust me when I tell you this -- It is Kristy Orem. And I believe that's a good hire!
Not what I'm hearing but my sources could be wrong. So enlighten us on who gets the mens Bball job.
The congratulations posts are all over her Facebook.
Kristy Orem will be officially announce tomorrow as the new Pikeville Girls Basketball Coach.
Campbell would have been the logical choice but that was too easy
new o Wrote:Campbell would have been the logical choice but that was too easy

Maybe she turned them down again, like Davis did. At least they got an offer.
Mjolnir Wrote:Maybe she turned them down again, like Davis did. At least they got an offer.

I like Randy Davis, but he's a fool not to accept this job.
Motley Wrote:I like Randy Davis, but he's a fool not to accept this job.

I'm partial to Randy Davis too (Lol), but if you call it foolish to turn down a job to remain at a school that you love more than almost anything on this earth, less than 2 miles from home, working with my wife, sister, and other people that I love dearly then I may be a fool. I don't think so though. There are a lot of things more important than money. I was flattered by the offer, but I'm a Dorton and Valley guy. Good luck to whomever gets the job.
No motley fool..loyalty to a community pays dividends for players and coaches in the long run.
They announced Kristy Orem as HC today. Congratulations to her.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I'm partial to Randy Davis too (Lol), but if you call it foolish to turn down a job to remain at a school that you love more than almost anything on this earth, less than 2 miles from home, working with my wife, sister, and other people that I love dearly then I may be a fool. I don't think so though. There are a lot of things more important than money. I was flattered by the offer, but I'm a Dorton and Valley guy. Good luck to whomever gets the job.
Nothing but respect!
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I'm partial to Randy Davis too (Lol), but if you call it foolish to turn down a job to remain at a school that you love more than almost anything on this earth, less than 2 miles from home, working with my wife, sister, and other people that I love dearly then I may be a fool. I don't think so though. There are a lot of things more important than money. I was flattered by the offer, but I'm a Dorton and Valley guy. Good luck to whomever gets the job.

The Dorton and Shelby Valley communities are blessed to have you. Those kids you coach are very lucky.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They're lucky to have you, and you're a great guy, but it was a fantastic opportunity for you and your family to advance your career and begin the next step. Good luck to you with Middle School sports. Maybe one day you'll gain the confidence to move up a level.
Davis will make a good head coach at the high school level when he decides it's time for a change. $ does not equal happiness all the time.
Big Don Wrote:Davis will make a good head coach at the high school level when he decides it's time for a change. $ does not equal happiness all the time.

Maybe and maybe not, I venture to say we may never know if he can coach at a higher level. As far as $ and happiness, all I know is not having it when your children need it as we get older is certainly sad. Sometimes you have to think way down the road even if it has a few curves in it.