Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2016
mantax Wrote:There will not be a response for awhile because he is sleeping to get ready to go to work. Keep taking care of my light work for me and hopefully some of the others with "great" knowledge of the program will chime in and give us their opinions.

You can win all the championships you want and brag all you want but don't forget my favorite team put a running clock on you before halftime! Big Grin
Since when does winning one game mean you are a champion. Championships certainly mean a lot and you are just poo-poo because you do not have one. At the end of the year, did your beloved boys make it any farther in the playoffs? NO What exactly did they win? NOTHING but a NKY championship. (By the way did they get a t-shirt for that)
mantax Wrote:Since when does winning one game mean you are a champion. Championships certainly mean a lot and you are just poo-poo because you do not have one. At the end of the year, did your beloved boys make it any farther in the playoffs? NO What exactly did they win? NOTHING but a NKY championship. (By the way did they get a t-shirt for that)

Your right but I will never forget the look of the Hoghlands fans leaving SK after that game! SK dominated for 4 quarters of football!
UK1fan Wrote:Your right but I will never forget the look of the Hoghlands fans leaving SK after that game! SK dominated for 4 quarters of football!

Was there a trophy for that game that you got to put on the mantle or better yet the school got to put in the trophy case? All you try and do is put other programs down and yours has frankly been a doormat for so long it just amazes me how much you talk. Where were you all those years when they stunk it up so bad? That is right you want to be a front runner, but you cannot be that either because your boys have WON NOTHING.
mantax Wrote:There will not be a response for awhile because he is sleeping to get ready to go to work. Keep taking care of my light work for me and hopefully some of the others with "great" knowledge of the program will chime in and give us their opinions.

Whenever you feel froggy jump! Jack of all idiots!
mntax Wrote:There will not be a response for awhile because he is sleeping to get ready to go to work. Keep taking care of my light work for me and hopefully some of the others with "great" knowledge of the program will chime in and give us their opinions.

Whenever you feel froggy jump!
Highlands better make it to the ship!
UK1fan Wrote:Whenever you feel froggy jump! Jack of all idiots!

What in sam heck are you talking about you whacko? Could not understand this jibberish which is a clear reflection of your use of the English language. I take it that you do not have to talk much when you work that graveyard shift?
Already seeing the lovely disdain between H and SK.
Nice to see it this early in the year Confusednicker:
I guess when you support a program that is a perennial loser then you are always looking to try and tear someone else down or more than likely you want to get to the position that they are in and that will never happen in Independence.
mantax Wrote:I guess when you support a program that is a perennial loser then you are always looking to try and tear someone else down or more than likely you want to get to the position that they are in and that will never happen in Independence.

:Sad04:Who won last year?
pjdoug Wrote::Sad04:Who won last year?

And who won the 20 plus times before that? At the end of the day, it really does not matter because SK has never and I repeat never won a state title in football correct? Should we talk about that? No because it has nothing to do with Highlands 2016.
mantax Wrote:And who won the 20 plus times before that? At the end of the day, it really does not matter because SK has never and I repeat never won a state title in football correct? Should we talk about that? No because it has nothing to do with Highlands 2016.

And all of Highlands state titles have nothing to do with 2016.
State titles are good in the moment, but after that they are only good on banners and record books.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And all of Highlands state titles have nothing to do with 2016.
State titles are good in the moment, but after that they are only good on banners and record books.

Is that not what I said? So lets talk about 2016 and not let the clown show continue.

You got anything to offer? If not, maybe you can move on with him.
Question is. Even though this is a Birds post. How good will SK and Highlands be?
bo67 Wrote:Question is. Even though this is a Birds post. How good will SK and Highlands be?

SK returns a lot 3 starting linemen all Juniors all 5 starters will be over 260 pounds. 2 running backs who combined for over 700 yards 13 tds. 3 receivers with over 29 receptions each and return the starting TE. SK also returns starting QB Racke. Defense returns 2 starting LBs, 2 DBs, and 3 Dline men who got a lot of playing time.

Highlands will be small on the oline. They return 2 quality rbs, and some decent receivers. The big question mark is who will throw the ball? Highlands defense has struggled in past few years. Highlands might go 4-6 this year.
mantax Wrote:What in sam heck are you talking about you whacko? Could not understand this jibberish which is a clear reflection of your use of the English language. I take it that you do not have to talk much when you work that graveyard shift?

:lame:
UK1fan Wrote::lame:

That reply right there speaks volumes. Must have posted that after you got off of work and had your White Castles and coffee or is it dip and mountain dew?Confusednicker:
mantax Wrote:That reply right there speaks volumes. Must have posted that after you got off of work and had your White Castles and coffee or is it dip and mountain dew?Confusednicker:

Wow your the strike out king! I didn't eat White Castles and I dont drink coffee, Mt. Dew and I don't dip. Keep digging clueless wonder of the world.
mantax Wrote:Gosney should be the QB. They return Murray and Pulsfort in the backfield. Receiving corps should be a strength if they can get them the ball. O-Line is certainly an area of question. Only lineman that saw meaningful minutes last year were Davidson and Dunn.

On the defensive side of the ball they return Bravard as a down-lineman, all LB's are gone except for Bowden who was switched over right around the bye week. Defensive backs should be solid with only losing one to graduation. Taylor and Greene proved more than capable last year at safety.

Kicking game is a complete overhaul. Soph to be Bowman should handle place-kicking duties, now punting game is a complete mystery.

Best question of the offseason might be whether or not they finally convince Cam'Ron Johnston that he is not going to play QB and that his only way on the field is as an offensive or defensive lineman.

Didn't Kyle Finfrock start the entire season at left tackle? He will be back

SK will give Highlands another running clock this year.
UK1fan Wrote:SK will give Highlands another running clock this year.

Maybe, but they will last as long or more likely longer in the postseason. Take your GAME trophy and go on back home little boy. Maybe you and Jeff can find some new TOYS this year. Enjoy your stay over here where you belong.
mantax Wrote:Is that not what I said? So lets talk about 2016 and not let the clown show continue.

You got anything to offer? If not, maybe you can move on with him.

I have plenty to offer but this thread isn't worth my time.
Either way, time for the non stop nonsense to stop.
Be constructive in post. No reason to nit pick at each other over a game the means virtually nothing.
History has it that Highlands beats everyone. Those days are over. At least for now.
Big question mark is qb and depth. Last year parents cried for little Jimmy to play both ways when little Jimmy couldn't get the job done playing one way.
Having guys play both ways would be a "depth" concern now would it not? Reading comprehension would certainly go a long way in the discussion.
So did Angel transfer to Highlands?
I heard a Highlands football player transferred to NewCath?
Drew Bravard transferred to NewCath that hurts the Birds.
What position did he play?