Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co. 81 Ballard 77
There's not a team in the 13th region that wouldn't be thrilled with a 4point win over Ballard in any gym in the state.
Randy_Watson Wrote:Im not knocking the kid but you are delusional if you think his game fits with an up and down fast paced athletic game. I personally think hes the best big in the state, but i also know what he is good at and what he isnt. Some people cant handle an honest assessment
All I said was he runs floor better this year and nobody avgs as much for their Aau team. Normally cause they don't play as much and don't get the touches you do in school ball. Never said he was better suited for anything. Don't know why u say delusional and that I can't handle an honest assessment. Never said your assessment was wrong. He ain't a Thoroughbred more of a Clydesdale. Lol
walterwhite Wrote:There's not a team in the 13th region that wouldn't be thrilled with a 4point win over Ballard in any gym in the state.

Yes, but thats speaks more for the current state of the 13th region than Ballard being typical Ballard. Theres not a team in the 13th region that wouldn't be thrilled with wins over Henry Clay, Lafayette, Bryan Station, Lex Catholic, PRP, Fern Creek, Lou Central, Trinity,.................This could be an awfully long list
Every team in the 13th would definately be thrilled with a win over CC.
There are several factors that played into this game. Clay County has the guards to play with any team in the state and the fact when Ballard could have put the game away, the Tigers found answers and fought back. Clay County is an athletic mountain team, Ballard is a fast Louisville team. There is a difference and the Tigers were sucking wind from two minutes into the game. As good as Taylor is and he has gotten in better shape, he may be the best big in the state, that pace would have an affect on him or anybody else his size. Ballard isn't called a running team and do other things, they run, run, run, and run. Their 3 point shooter even had a second gear. Every time they got a board it seemed as though someone was waiting at halfcourt for the ball.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Yes, but thats speaks more for the current state of the 13th region than Ballard being typical Ballard. Theres not a team in the 13th region that wouldn't be thrilled with wins over Henry Clay, Lafayette, Bryan Station, Lex Catholic, PRP, Fern Creek, Lou Central, Trinity,.................This could be an awfully long list

I guess you could be thrilled with losing a couple close ones to two "new comers" as far as state powers go.We all agree that this ain't the Ballard of old, but they will be a tough out come region time. As far as the 13th region goes, most knowledgable fans think that it is stronger over all than it has been in quite a while. The current state is much better than the last several years. We can agree to disagree.
I don't know what all the fuss is about. South was the underdog in both their loses and they lost. Clay was the favorite and won. Idk what all the hype is. It's a good win for clay I think everybody agrees but it wasn't unexpected
We will see how good the tigers are if they can make it to the second round of the wymt Classic. I don't think they can beat Perry Central. I watched Perru totally dominate them in summer ball.
I'm confident that you will have a new team at the top of the mountain poll after the wymt tournament. It's been quite a few years since the 13th has beaten the 14th and I don't think it will change.
That summer ball statement tells me all i need to know, summer ball means nothing,everyone knows this
Perry must be playing better now but they looked bad at south in the G J Smith classic
Wouldn't Clay have been without 3 of their top 6 in summer ball? Lol Not that summer ball even matters, to an extent.
Yes Clay was playing kids that haven't seen the floor the entire year, the lack of officiating cause Marcum to pull Smith and Farmer being afraid of an injury
Count Wrote:Every team in the 13th would definately be thrilled with a win over CC.
Williamsburg looked thrilled with the win over cc that's for sure. Nice celebration they had.
ky playmaker Wrote:Williamsburg looked thrilled with the win over cc that's for sure. Nice celebration they had.

And still not a big deal to get a win over any Laurel Co. Teams.
Its hard to beat Clay in the region when you cant even make it there, just saying.....North and all there D1 athletes know where to be found, South and all the media love with Poy, Coy and a 15-11 record where was they, nevermind i remember, getting ready for baseball season.
Funny thing to me is you all so worried about caleb Taylor that he is the talk of a clay vs ballard post. You guys got awhile to figure out how to defend him. Maybe you can out run him. We will see. Should be fun.
Taylor was mentioned with the 13th region when nobody wanted to accept the fact that as long as Ballard or Clay County is on the front of the jersey, the win means something. Same thing goes for Kentucky, you can have a down year and still be a quality team.
ky playmaker Wrote:Williamsburg looked thrilled with the win over cc that's for sure. Nice celebration they had.

You know it's a Clay County thread when posters are talking about other teams celebrations, not even their own team. That says it all.:lmao:
How much Home Cookin did Clay get against Ballard and what would the score been on a neutral floor with neutral refs?

I would think the fact they just won the 13th region might have had something to do with the celebration...
Congrats to Clay Co on a big win, looks to me like they are the team to beat in the 13th...Go Tigers...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:How much Home Cookin did Clay get against Ballard and what would the score been on a neutral floor with neutral refs?

This ain't the Bobby era. Clay gets no more breaks now than most mountain teams get at home. People live in the past.
I haven't commented on Taylor since it was off topic, but I'll add my 2 cents worth. Tremendous big man that will get his education paid for via basketball. He has obviously worked hard to get where he is today. Always good to see mountain kids succeed. I also have a word that describes a coach that would play a fast paced, up tempo style with Taylor as his pivot, unemployed.
You obviously haven't been to a Knott Central game the past four years when Brian Cook was officiating. LOL
Incredible game. Bobby Keith brings out the best in everyone. His pregame speech he gave the team in the locker got them in the zone.
Count Wrote:Every team in the 13th would definately be thrilled with a win over CC.

They're definitely the team to beat.