Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2016
Ring'Em Up Wrote:You're far and away, the one poster on this site, that I respect the most. No one even close. And I'd bet ALOT of others would agree with me. Second in line is ol' Bucs'68. :biggrin:

Anyway, there won't be a mutual separation nor an ugly divorce, as long as his sidekick and puppet has the "Principal" nameplate on his office door. I used to like Pburg football, a little bit. But the current administration has allowed, and been allowed, to poison the atmosphere, with no repercussions.

And here all this time, I thought that I was special.:Sad04:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I can not deny the bold, and sadly upon further investigation i have been told by former players parents your other comments are true.

Same here. Ive held my comments and tried to make them respectable because I don't want come off as "bashing" the team. Im not, I have great respect for those kids and what they endure to play..Sadly Ive been hearing the same as you..Man I sure hope it gets better soon..:Thumbs:
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Anyway, there won't be a mutual separation nor an ugly divorce, as long as his sidekick and puppet has the "Principal" nameplate on his office door.

Your right. When and if it ever comes time it will take
. A team of mules
. A stick of dynamite
. An act of congress
to dislodge the coach from his position..
I have no desire to see him go down in a ball of flame. He has had a great run at Pburg but I think if it ends before his retirement it wont be 'purty..
This is just sad all the way around.

So much blood sweat and tears given by the kids, and given all in vain.
Granny Bear Wrote:This is just sad all the way around.

So much blood sweat and tears given by the kids, and given all in vain.

Yep.. Parents,admin and coaches all fighting..Players caught in the middle..:HitWall:
Hey it's time to clean house
hunter 44 Wrote:Also there no statue of limitations on a felony!!!

"statute of limitation"
Lol!!! What you said!!! But everyone knows what I'm talking about!!! If you have a kid that plays there or will be playing there better teach them how to defend thereself or have fast enough reflexes to dodge flying weights that are being thrown at them because some coach didn't get his way and is throwing a fit!!!!
From what I am hearing, a few of the TOP middle school players at Adams Middle School are planning to go to Johnson Central and Allen Central. Some of them may surprise everyone but it just speaks to how bad the situation has gotten there. Great players want to win and play with other great players. A few of the players left in high school may not play next year as well from what I have heard.
Blackcat2001 Wrote:From what I am hearing, a few of the TOP middle school players at Adams Middle School are planning to go to Johnson Central and Allen Central. Some of them may surprise everyone but it just speaks to how bad the situation has gotten there. Great players want to win and play with other great players. A few of the players left in high school may not play next year as well from what I have heard.

??????
Blackcat2001 Wrote:From what I am hearing, a few of the TOP middle school players at Adams Middle School are planning to go to Johnson Central and Allen Central. Some of them may surprise everyone but it just speaks to how bad the situation has gotten there. Great players want to win and play with other great players. A few of the players left in high school may not play next year as well from what I have heard.

If the kids at the high school want to play any other sport they better play football since the football coaches have all the sports under their rule.
From an outsiders point of view. Judging from posts on here plus conversations I've had with friends of mine from P-Burg....The atmosphere surrounding this football program is downright POISONOUS between Coaches and Players, Coaches and Parents, Coaches and the fan base.....Notice a common denominator?
This even had reached my workplace in Pikeville. Rumors swirling about several football players transferring and not middle schoolers, either. I don't think I have EVER witnessed such an implosion amongst fans, parents, coaches, and administration.
And nothing will change until they retire. And at one time it was the best program up and down the river one of the best anyway
PHSForever Wrote:This even had reached my workplace in Pikeville. Rumors swirling about several football players transferring and not middle schoolers, either. I don't think I have EVER witnessed such an implosion amongst fans, parents, coaches, and administration.

Im almost ashamed to say it but yea, the atmosphere is pretty toxic...You know whats funny, when I went to Pburg and played there I didn't even like that place very much:eyeroll: It was full of kids that were too full of themselves..I mean very full of themselves:worthy:..Even players looked down on guys from their own team..Lots of big money families buying their way into whatever they wanted..Not saying this because I was jealous. My family were all farmers and worked good jobs too..We had as much as most any of those kids did..I had my own nice 4 wheel drive when I was 16 but I worked for it and payed for every penny of it myself.While they partied, I worked(better man for it too).I never felt like I fit in at that school at all..
Even though I didn't like it much I find myself feeling bad for the way things are going at Pburg..I wanted things and still want things to be better for those kids.
blue bomber Wrote:And nothing will change until they retire. And at one time it was the best program up and down the river one of the best anyway

The problem starts at the top! And with the top I mean the principal. If you cut the head off the body will die!
jetpilot Wrote:??????

One player has already transferred to Allen central and from what I hear more to follow. Allen central should have a pretty good program next year they lost 4 seniors one to replace off defense and one to replace on offense. They had a good all around back up that could play multiple positions in the field. They should show up to be a tough team next year they will have their same line both sides of the ball and pretty much same backfield. You know how talk is during off season tho to try to get ppl hyped up thinking their program will be down or will be a powerhouse just have to wait and see who shows up with what players to play
What is the root of the problem at the High School? Where is the negativity coming from? ......
Blackcat2001 Wrote:What is the root of the problem at the High School? Where is the negativity coming from? ......

I think parents just sick of the coaches just playing favoritism, not to mention not giving some kids with talent at chance to prove themselves on the field so they want to go where they will get to play and prove themselves.
If they are planning on transferring out of county they had better do so after Christmas... Rumor I keep hearing is that Floyd county is going to stop signing the agreement with other counties that allow them to transfer and go to school. If that does go down no one can transfer out side of Floyd county next year. That's IF!!
As long as the kids wanting to transfer follow khssa rules there's not a darn thing Floyd co, can do !!! Except keep losing top athletes !!!! Fix the problems from the top down and kids won't transfer!!! Who ever started this bull is only trying to continue bullying,scaring kids into staying at a program that is spinning its wheels and going no where!!! Get a rule book ,read it , follow it to the letter and there is nothing anyone can do!!! Unless khssa changes its rules before next season !! And that's not happening!!!
No if they live in Floyd county and Floyd doesn't sign the reciprocal agreement with johnson for instance then we can't accept the kid and must turn them away. Without it being signed the only way to transfer is a physical move into Johnson county
Who are the "top athletes" that we have lost and where are they? Middle School and High School?
Blackcat2001 Wrote:Who are the "top athletes" that we have lost and where are they? Middle School and High School?

i think one of the top athletes would be Chatlin Jerrell who went to pike county. Then there was Seth Marcum who went to Johnson Central that's 2 top athletes Floyd county lost. Floyd county can not stop a kid from leaving a school to go to another county school. The only way it could be done is if it was proven that they was just doing it for sports reasons
What about middle schoolers? I heard one from Betsy Layne was at Highlands and a couple at Johnson Central and Allen Central
That's what I'm saying make a physical move!! Or set out a season Like brennen gobel chose to do, Nothing they can do!!!
Until they play a varsity sport as a first year high school student they can go where ever they choose!!!
Prestonsburg is hanging on by a thread from falling from grace. Tough times are ahead.
Lol!!
Sad situation. I have heard from a heralded Blackcat football family that they are disgusted by the administration and the coaching staff. Sometimes there's no turning back when the atmosphere is this bad. A coaching change may be necessary regardless of whether most Derossett drama is hearsay or not.

Has the addition of Hager helped any?