Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 36 Whitley Co. 14
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We do want a solid program.

Not one like Perry Central, South Laurel, and Campbellsville.

Thank you.

:thatsfunn
Bobcat4years Wrote:I agree with Gut, change needs to be made! Because Whitley should be a hard nose team that punishes there opponent. Play great defense, very solid special teams and must be able to be balance on offense..
Whitley has the second best facilities in the area or. Region.. Bell has the nices right now! People can say what they want to, but Campbell always put teams on the field that played physical!!!

maybe they will add Dudley and Mills to the staff Confusednicker:
PRIDE101 Wrote:You guys on the mountain better worry about your on coach from what I here. Gut and you should apply for a coaching job and solve all the problems at Whitley and Bell. Makes me laugh!

You should hire them to coach your team.
pjdoug Wrote:Yeah,but they should have already built it years ago.

It was built by mike Campbell and the powers that be at the time thought they had to get rid of him or else whitley might be a powerhouse. Then they went to Jim black and he had one good year. And now they have gone to Chappell who has won some watered down games and they have no resemblance of a defense and are losing there entire offense in luke woods. So where does that leave them?
PRIDE101 Wrote:That is the only reason , OK.

It is.

Anyone should be able to go into a school like Whitley. Recruit the hallways, establish a solid base in ONE summer, have 22 players on the field that all play one way and put running clocks on teams they played.
Don't portray this as me calling this the players fault, those kids have worked there asses off im sure. It starts at the top. When you expect success and put pieces in place accordingly, good things happen. When you put pieces that have continually failed and expect success, well my friend, that's insanity.
Copperhead11 Wrote:It was built by mike Campbell and the powers that be at the time thought they had to get rid of him or else whitley might be a powerhouse. Then they went to Jim black and he had one good year. And now they have gone to Chappell who has won some watered down games and they have no resemblance of a defense and are losing there entire offense in luke woods. So where does that leave them?

Spot on.

I have no clue what the plans are for next year. They've centered the entire offense around one play maker which worked because he was that good. It won 6 games against bad teams. Next year, ive got a feeling might be a hard one to watch, but the schedule will still poke out a few wins.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It is.

Anyone should be able to go into a school like Whitley. Recruit the hallways, establish a solid base in ONE summer, have 22 players on the field that all play one way and put running clocks on teams they played.
Don't portray this as me calling this the players fault, those kids have worked there asses off im sure. It starts at the top. When you expect success and put pieces in place accordingly, good things happen. When you put pieces that have continually failed and expect success, well my friend, that's insanity.

Anyone? You make me laugh harder and harder with every post. Insanity is your line of thinking.

PJ , Gut would not be allowed to coach our youth league.
Copperhead11 Wrote:It was built by mike Campbell and the powers that be at the time thought they had to get rid of him or else whitley might be a powerhouse. Then they went to Jim black and he had one good year. And now they have gone to Chappell who has won some watered down games and they have no resemblance of a defense and are losing there entire offense in luke woods. So where does that leave them?

it has never been built or they wouldn't get blown out by schools like Bell County anually,and get blown out in playoffs when they play a "good" team in the playoffs due to playing iron man football and being one dimensional. Jim Black in 2008 had the best year in school history. You are 100% correct on no defense and that's plain to see lol.There is no reason whatsoever that Whitley County shouldn't be a powerhouse.I know schools like Bell County and Corbin don't have better talent in the area that make them superior. Whitley County should be tough to beat every year with the right administration and coaching.

That's the sad part.kids on losing teams work as hard as any kids. way too much talent has been wasted at Whitley County over the years.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Anyone? You make me laugh harder and harder with every post. Insanity is your line of thinking.

Why would he want to coach your perennial powerhouse?:biglmao:

It is that easy to put running clocks on people you play? Well, my friend, the state of Kentucky needs you to humble us with all that knowledge. Please at least write a football book , if your need for money out weighs the tremendous service you could supply, on how to turn these programs around. You could not win one game at Whitley or anywhere else.
I am going to miss watching Luke play, hopefully Whitley can continue to improve...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Everything was going in the right direction when Campbell was there. They might not have beat teams like bell every time they played but you can bet you tail bell knew they had been in a game because they hit no matter what the score was. And they did beat bell on occasion. They also never had the chance to play Corbin in that time either. I will agree that there is talent in the school. Getting them to play is a different story though. Would like to know have everyone else gets those kids out.
Copperhead11 Wrote:Everything was going in the right direction when Campbell was there. They might not have beat teams like bell every time they played but you can bet you tail bell knew they had been in a game because they hit no matter what the score was. And they did beat bell on occasion. They also never had the chance to play Corbin in that time either. I will agree that there is talent in the school. Getting them to play is a different story though. Would like to know have everyone else gets those kids out.

even then they exited the first round of playoffs with embarrassing losses to teams such as Sheldon Clark and Lawrence County year after year after year.if we ever get a top notch coach we will find out how they get players on the field.now,everything seems to be a top secret at Whitley County:biglmao:
[quote=pjdoug]even then they exited the first round of playoffs with embarrassing losses to teams such as Sheldon Clark and Lawrence County year after year after year.if we ever get a top notch coach we will find out how they get players on the field.now,everything seems to be a top secret at Whitley County:biglmao:[/QUO

That is true. And I will tell you that we will NEVER get that top notch coach so we will never figure out that secret. Sometimes I believe that mediocrity is what the bosses there want. Look at all the hires they make.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Anyone? You make me laugh harder and harder with every post. Insanity is your line of thinking.

I guarantee you we wouldn't have went out and got our asses kicked by Bell like we did. GUARANTEE you that.
Madness Wrote:It is that easy to put running clocks on people you play? Well, my friend, the state of Kentucky needs you to humble us with all that knowledge. Please at least write a football book , if your need for money out weighs the tremendous service you could supply, on how to turn these programs around. You could not win one game at Whitley or anywhere else.

I never said you would put running clocks on everyone. But there is NO reason a school the size of Whitley shouldn't be putting running clocks on teams like Mboro this year. Absolutely no reason. There wasn't one single team on this schedule that Whitley doesn't have the resources to destroy every single year. So please, do tell what your line of thinking is. Doing it you way has cause disappointment after disappointment while you set around and say my ideals wouldn't do anything. So tell me, since yours and others line of thinkings have produced such wonderful lines of thought and success, how exactly could it get worse by changing? I could have put my daughter out there and beat West Jessamine. Are you sure you want to say something so stupid and absurd before looking at the pansy schedule that was just played...
Copperhead11 Wrote:Everything was going in the right direction when Campbell was there. They might not have beat teams like bell every time they played but you can bet you tail bell knew they had been in a game because they hit no matter what the score was. And they did beat bell on occasion. They also never had the chance to play Corbin in that time either. I will agree that there is talent in the school. Getting them to play is a different story though. Would like to know have everyone else gets those kids out.

The weight room is the biggest difference ive noticed since Campbell left.
Not one team has been as stout as the weakest of Campbell teams. He was absolutely a man of the weight room and it showed on the field.
Copperhead11 Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]even then they exited the first round of playoffs with embarrassing losses to teams such as Sheldon Clark and Lawrence County year after year after year.if we ever get a top notch coach we will find out how they get players on the field.now,everything seems to be a top secret at Whitley County:biglmao:[/QUO

That is true. And I will tell you that we will NEVER get that top notch coach so we will never figure out that secret. Sometimes I believe that mediocrity is what the bosses there want. Look at all the hires they make.

it sure seems that way. I wont give up hope.