Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh 23 Cincinnati 17
I am a Bengals' fan and I agree that they have not played to the level needed to be in the playoffs. We must also remember that the Bengals and Steelers split this year. Both teams suck and you couldn't put them both together and make a run for the Super Bowl.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Midee1 Wrote:And again I will ask the question. What was he supposed to do stop in mid air. Momentum carried him forward.

As for the Steelers trying to win games. They are a physical team and if people don't like that then don't play them. Easy as that.

Please do not try to tell me that was a dirty hit. It was not low nor was it to the helmet. QB's in the league today are babies. Sorry but if you play the game of footbal you will get hit. Do you hear the recievers complaining about getting hit in the flats? Do you hear the RB's complaining about getting hit when they are carrying the ball. Getting hit should be expected if you have possesion of the ball. That's the name of the game.

It is all about money! 1st string OB's put the fans in the seats. That is the view that the NFL has on that topic. QB's are the most protected players in the game and there will be more protection to come if the NFL doesn't change direction.
BelfryJustice Wrote:It is all about money! 1st string OB's put the fans in the seats. That is the view that the NFL has on that topic. QB's are the most protected players in the game and there will be more protection to come if the NFL doesn't change direction.

True but in many cities the star RB's and WR's are what put the fans in the seats. Take New Orleans. Who do they come to see more. Marques Colston and Reggie Bush or Drew Brees.

I just think they are taking away from the game by protecting the QB's so much. Turn the headhunters loose on them and let them scramble for their lives or put some little pink tights on them and let them dance around. Heaven forbid anyone actually hit them.Smile
If the league keeps giving the QB's more and more protection what's next? The WR's wanting no contact as they catch the ball? The RB's wanting those 260 lb linebackers to step aside and let them run so they don't get hurt? Football is a contact sport. I don't think that the QB should get special treatment. He should hope and pray that his line protects him so he can get the pass of or hand the ball off or he should be put in the dirt with as much force as they use on the WR's and RB's.It's football for gods sake.:redboxer:
Midee1 Wrote:If the league keeps giving the QB's more and more protection what's next? The WR's wanting no contact as they catch the ball? The RB's wanting those 260 lb linebackers to step aside and let them run so they don't get hurt? Football is a contact sport. I don't think that the QB should get special treatment. He should hope and pray that his line protects him so he can get the pass of or hand the ball off or he should be put in the dirt with as much force as they use on the WR's and RB's.It's football for gods sake.:redboxer:

I agree, hit them!
Midee1 Wrote:And again I will ask the question. What was he supposed to do stop in mid air. Momentum carried him forward.

Again I will point out that hitting him was fine, he couldn't stop, but he got flagged for driving him into the ground. You can stop from doing that at any time because that takes effort in finishing the play. Once again, that's the only personal foul on Palmer that I remember, unless there was one I missed
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Again I will point out that hitting him was fine, he couldn't stop, but he got flagged for driving him into the ground. You can stop from doing that at any time because that takes effort in finishing the play. Once again, that's the only personal foul on Palmer that I remember, unless there was one I missed

I'm not saying whether anyone is right or wrong. I'm just applying pure physics to the play. The defender was airborn on a trajectory with Palmer. Momentum carried both to the ground.

That being said I still think all pro QB's are being babied.
Midee1 Wrote:I'm not saying whether anyone is right or wrong. I'm just applying pure physics to the play. The defender was airborn on a trajectory with Palmer. Momentum carried both to the ground.

That being said I still think all pro QB's are being babied.

I agree they're babied. I also agree that his momentum carried him into Palmer. Finally, I'll point out that the penalty was that he drove him into the ground, which would require effort even after he was carried into Palmer by momentum.

No matter now, the play didn't matter, and the Bengals lost. Now I have little-or-nothing to do for nine months til next football season.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Every time the Bengals have a big game they can not get the W. They are not very good under pressure.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

BFritz Wrote:Again I will point out that hitting him was fine, he couldn't stop, but he got flagged for driving him into the ground. You can stop from doing that at any time because that takes effort in finishing the play. Once again, that's the only personal foul on Palmer that I remember, unless there was one I missed
I think it was a good hard hit.....It was not low, it was not high, it was in his chest and his momentum and the fact that Palmer was on his toes during the hit only made it easier for the Pitt LB to take him down the way he did.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Nice fumble to T.J....But once again, the stripes saved them and notice that Cincy went no huddle right after that play on a dropped ball! Then the call when Carson ONCE again went down? I guess that will be called a cheap shot huh. But the game should have never came down to that because Parker fumbling on the 1 foot line! This game was too obvious with the calls that were being made..Oh well, Bungals..Lift hard and stay strapped as I am sure you will! Oh yeah..THE FIELD GOAL KICK..LOL!! You know, one thing that Graham has in common with the rest of his teammates now...SHANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am cracking myself up!
If anyone says that the hit on Palmer was a cheapshot, then you need to go to golf because that is how you knock the soul out of someone legally! May be the worst call I have ever seen!
What is funny, as me and my brothers were watching the game, we KNEW you would get on here and say this! SAD, but this was the first thing that popped in all 3 of our heads! How you would say he drove him into the ground...He got the wind knocked out of him..IT IS CALLED FOOTBALL! It is a contact sport if you play it right!
Fritz Im always respectful to your loyalty to the Bengals but your sounding like a candy butt saying anything other than the play on Palmer was just hard nosed football.I am terribly disappointed in you saying that gee whiz.They got the call anyway.By the way I think my steelers finished strong and turned a terrible terrible start into a respectable year.With Marvin Lewis as head coach it is strange their defense is their weakness.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:If anyone says that the hit on Palmer was a cheapshot, then you need to go to golf because that is how you knock the soul out of someone legally! May be the worst call I have ever seen!
Playboy you hit the nail on the head.In the off season the Bengals receivers should be fined if they even mention how they are going to celebrate in the endzone after a score.They need to think about scoring first.I think Chad Johnson totally lost his focus and he is a good player and seems like a good man but got caught up in acting like a T.O,,,which hes not.
Can't wait for TidesHoss to get home from the game..Passed him in Lexington...Can't wait what he has to post, lol!!! All I say is some of you who has not hushed about the Bungals and talking about you all beating Pittsburgh...Just to warn you, TidesHoss32 will be ready to roll his hilarious comments!
the officiating in this game was absolutely HORRIBLE. It was the worst game I have seen since the zebras tried to put Peyton in the superbowl against us last year. Oh well, JUST LIKE I SAID THEY WOULD, they beat Cincy regardless of how poor the officiating was, and then put a boot in their playoff chances. Cant wait for a few certain people to make excuses on why they lost. Pittsburgh OWNS Cincy in Cincy. Its as simple as that. Ive said it all along, and Ill continue to say it. And this being my 15th game in 16 years (Pittsburgh and Cincy), I can and will also say that Cincy fans are the worst in football. And this includes CFL, World League, Arena football, XFL, etc..but heck, guess you cant say much after you lose a 15 on 11 game...WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...WHO DEY? WHO DEY? WHO DEY? .......................................WWWWEEEEE DDDEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!
this hit, just like Kimo's hit, was completely legal and it was a BS call..like I said, the zebras tried EVERYTHING to hand the game to Cincy...and another thing, the blatant fumble that wasnt called (when Houshmandoaoaoewjrajodiafjoejla caught the ball, made a football move and fumbled it) was directly in front of the officials..Im serious..It cracks me up to think about it now. Not at the time though..but hey Bungle fans, if you get the chance, thank Shayne Graham for me and the rest of Steeler Nation for being our MVP...but on a serious level, Im waiting on my buddies to get on here so I can lend some good old fashioned sportsmanship and let em know that its ok. I mean, I know I told them and everybody else for that matter what would happen (which was disputed, histerically), and I almost predicted the score too, for two straight weeks...WHO DEY? WE DEY!!
yeah, lift hard, stay strapped.....and try to stay out of prison..:Clap:
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Nice fumble to T.J....But once again, the stripes saved them and notice that Cincy went no huddle right after that play on a dropped ball! Then the call when Carson ONCE again went down? I guess that will be called a cheap shot huh. But the game should have never came down to that because Parker fumbling on the 1 foot line! This game was too obvious with the calls that were being made..Oh well, Bungals..Lift hard and stay strapped as I am sure you will! Oh yeah..THE FIELD GOAL KICK..LOL!! You know, one thing that Graham has in common with the rest of his teammates now...SHANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am cracking myself up!
Cool posts Tideshoss32,,classy ,classy,,you need to counsel gorn,,hes totally lost.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:What is funny, as me and my brothers were watching the game, we KNEW you would get on here and say this! SAD, but this was the first thing that popped in all 3 of our heads! How you would say he drove him into the ground...He got the wind knocked out of him..IT IS CALLED FOOTBALL! It is a contact sport if you play it right!

Alls I did was saying why he was flagged.......
Heartbreaking loss too the Steelers in OT it was a good game to watch. Congrats Steelers!
The Steelers are the better team. At least they do not have so many players getting arrested in the off season or even during the season. I believe the Steelers will be back next year. The Bengals will only have a chance if they can improve that OFFENSIVE line.
jsboydco Wrote:The Steelers are the better team. At least they do not have so many players getting arrested in the off season or even during the season. I believe the Steelers will be back next year. The Bengals will only have a chance if they can improve that OFFENSIVE line.

Offensive line could use some work, but it's the defense that needs to be improved. The offense is explosive, they just need to draft/sign somewhat of a defense.
Congrats Steelers.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Doc holiday I disagree on the Steelers season being a loss 100%.They looked like they were only going to win 4 or 5 games but they made a final run and almost got themselves back into position to make the playoff and winning the final game is always a positive thing.It was a letdown from last year for sure but they didnt fold when they could have and they dont need to hang their heads.

Superbowl Champion to not making the playoffs is as big of a drop and you can have.

When you hang your hat on saying you beat the BENGALS and that is the high point of your season then you might need to take a long look at where things went.
All smiles here after this one!!!
I think with the circumstances that this was as good as a Super Bowl win, lol! To send the Bungals home packing..ONCE AGAIN..Need to make BACK 2 BACK shirts!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I think with the circumstances that this was as good as a Super Bowl win, lol! To send the Bungals home packing..ONCE AGAIN..Need to make BACK 2 BACK shirts!

Both are 8-8. It is not a big deal! Go out and beat the Bears or Charges then you have done something. The Bengals took themselves out of the playoffs by the outcome of many games this year. It was clear going in to this game that neither should have been in the playoffs. The loss in Denver hurt more for me. The loss to the Chargers after having them down 28-7 at half hurt more. The loss to TampaBay after the bad call on Smith hurt more. If your season is just about beating the Bengals once, Steelers football has really gone down hill fast after the great year last year!
Old school Dawg Wrote:i LOVE IT I LOVE IT CRY BABIES COME ON IN AND WRITE SOME IGNORANT STUFF ALL U WANT NOW,,,,,BUNGLES BUNGLES ID RATHER BE A BROWNS FAN

Um.. bubby. It's called pimanship. For an old man like yourself, you should know how to write or spell. Oh wait, when you were alive they didn't have schools, did they?