Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for Mark Stoops to go!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Stoops has the same record as Joker had in three years, but for some reason people find that ok to keep supporting this clown. His post game interviews are the same as always, using the same excuses. He refuses to make any in game decisions, like said before, when people are dropping the ball, replace them. All we heard was how finally we have so much depth at receiver, yet we only play a few of those. The O line couldn't block a good high school team without getting called for holding, swindle is slow as maple syrup and gets beat on the edge every other play. This team is just soft, has shown no improvement since game 1. We are at week 8 and still talking about we have to play better, we have to coach better. Bullcrap. Then we stick with a QB that has more INT's than TD's, can't throw a five yard screen without hitting a UT D lineman right in the gut, when he does have time to throw he sails it either over their head or behind them. Everyone that has backed Towles this season should just never watch football again. Florida's coach is going to win the SEC east in his first year, Jim Harbaugh has Michigan rolling in his first year, Look at what James Franklin did at Vandy in his short stay there, so the excuse of it takes time is a load of crap also. The excuse we are young is getting old as well, UT was just as young as us. Other than CJ Conrad which we don't use enough in my book, these OH recruits just aren't cutting it. When the seats are empty, recruits going elsewhere, and players start transferring then maybe that will get their attention. If i had any talent and was at UK, this would be my last season under this guy before i went somewhere else. He has no business being a head coach, and as for Dawson, no wonder he wasn't allowed to call play at WVU. This generic offense is the worst i've seen ever.

The difference is Joker inherited a Rich Brooks team with Randall Cobb, coming off bowl wins, and went to a bowl, but underachieved his first year, and got worse each year. Stoops inherited Joker's mess and has improved his win total each year. Sure he hasn't improved as many of us would like, and his temper has gotten in the way a few too many times, but the team is better each season. Just not where we want it to be yet.
Heard a lot of these type of complaints during year 3 of the Brooks era. Brooks struggled the first 3 years then had one of the best runs in "UK football history". People talk of all of the recruits of Stoops and suggest of quicker improvement. I would like to see it but remain patient until these Stoops recruits gain experience. What most don't know but of the top 30 players listed on the offensive depth chart, only 2 are seniors. This suggests that much improvement is capable the next couple of years. Stoops deserves 4-5 years to get 'his' players on the roster. If there is no success then, then I believe it is time to question the coaching, until then I will hope for yearly results to play out
I have defended Stoops in the past, but after the past two weeks, I am beginning to get a little impatient. I still think Stoops is the man for the job, but my confidence in the coaching staff, is decreasing with each passing week. It will be interesting to see how the CATS play on the road at Georgia this week. Win or lose, we need to be competitive, to have any chance at getting bowl eligible. Another lopsided game, could be devastating to this teams confidence. One thing a lot of us are forgetting, and I find myself over looking at times, is the fact we are playing a lot of true freshman, redshirt freshman, and sophomore's who don't have a lot of experience. If you look around the SEC, there are very few true freshman who are starting for elite teams. So, hopefully we get to six or seven wins and get a respectable bowl game, but if not, Stoops will indeed be on one of the hottest coaching seats in America.
I agree the past few weeks has been hard.