Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does ASH-land have a game this friday?
Well all I can say Tc11208567935641075 is that is sure is good to have you back. I know it's around the time you all start your annual hibernation up there, but shew, we was all worried that there had been mass hari caris committed up there on Buzzard Blvd. Glad to see I might of had a hand in a new recruit hangin with us a little. Ya'lls a special bunch to me.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:you should apologise to everyone

It's not good for the ratings.
But Ashland was originally supposed to be 3A but moved up during realignment to avoid playing Lexington Catholic, Boyle County, Belfry etc.
TOMCAT Caretaker Wrote:The Ashland Tomcats won 8 State Titles from 1900 to 1968, going in one stretch 6 Seasons without a loss. I realize that likely none of us, except maybe Bob Cigar, was alive in 1900, so lets move forward. Johnson Central came to be in 1968. That year Ashland won the FIRST of it's "modern" era Titles, yes with polycarbonate, not leather, helmets. They won again in Class 4 A in 1975, a "State at Large" Title. All other 4 A Teams played then the winner went to Louisville and played the Louisville Champion for the "Over All" Title. The KHSAA made that rule, not the TOMCATS. We were beaten by a very good St. X Team. Now we go to 1990, and won the 3A Title, with a trio of 1,000 yard rushers. These are facts. Again, I say to the Detroit Rocker, "How many you got?????"

Seger*
checkmate9113 Wrote:Seger*

Yes, what can I do for you checkers?
TOMCAT Caretaker Wrote:I've been reading this site for several years now and after having my fill, decided to join. YES the TOMCATS have a game this week. Unlike the want to be's from south on 23, we scheduled up and are playing a 6A Team, also with great tradition. We plan to take the best running back in KY in 2015 and a really great DEFENSE to Lexington and beat this 6A team. Now when any of you southern want to be's begin to hang STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNERS and by the way, the first one still means as much as the last, from the walls of your respective stadiums, THEN the TOMCAT NATION MAY consider you worthy to speak our names. TILL THEN continue to hope and dream and try to figure out the mystique of all things TOMCAT.

Yes. A 6A team with a losing record. I think all will agree that Johnson Central's opponent, Belfry, is superior to Tates Creek. After all, they beat Tates Creek 55-38 earlier in the season. Caretaker's spin is a bit faulty but, as with a lot of maroon fans, don't confuse him with facts. All those ancient championship trophies have effected his thinking. I'll bet he can also tell us about all the great teams at Louisville Flaget.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yes, what can I do for you checkers?

I was just correcting my man Tomcat guy... How's it going today?
Yessiree keep thinking that, the realignment year we were so scared of Belfry that we would rather move up and play Ft. Thomas Highlands and Cov Catholic, which by the way we have beaten, but JC has not. You are some kind of special!!!
checkmate9113 Wrote:But Ashland was originally supposed to be 3A but moved up during realignment to avoid playing Lexington Catholic, Boyle County, Belfry etc.

If there's one thing Hello Kitty does good, it's avoid Belfry. It's amazing the lengths they will go to in order to do so. TongueirateSho
I kinda feel bad for Tate's Creek. When you schedule Ashland you never know when they will find a reason to hide and cry instead of play. Ask Belfry Middle, ask Newport Catholic, ask Coal Grove (scrimmage didn't happen this year). Ashland has kinda become a version of the Cubs, instead of the lovable losers, they're the lovable runners.
Ashland, how many state championships you got THIS CENTURY?
TOMCAT Caretaker Wrote:Yessiree keep thinking that, the realignment year we were so scared of Belfry that we would rather move up and play Ft. Thomas Highlands and Cov Catholic, which by the way we have beaten, but JC has not. You are some kind of special!!!

So you moved up from 4A to 4A to play Highlands and Covington Catholic (5A). You must really be a home grown Ashlander. You beat Highlands last year huh. Covington Catholic hasn't made Ashland their whipping boy since they joined regions up until this season. Alright.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:I kinda feel bad for Tate's Creek. When you schedule Ashland you never know when they will find a reason to hide and cry instead of play. Ask Belfry Middle, ask Newport Catholic, ask Coal Grove (scrimmage didn't happen this year). Ashland has kinda become a version of the Cubs, instead of the lovable losers, they're the lovable runners.

:1::popcorn::Thumbs:
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:I kinda feel bad for Tate's Creek. When you schedule Ashland you never know when they will find a reason to hide and cry instead of play. Ask Belfry Middle, ask Newport Catholic, ask Coal Grove (scrimmage didn't happen this year). Ashland has kinda become a version of the Cubs, instead of the lovable losers, they're the lovable runners.

PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:Ashland, how many state championships you got THIS CENTURY?

That's asking a bit much. Let's start with Region titles.
TOMCAT Caretaker Wrote:Yessiree keep thinking that, the realignment year we were so scared of Belfry that we would rather move up and play Ft. Thomas Highlands and Cov Catholic, which by the way we have beaten, but JC has not. You are some kind of special!!!

What years did Ashland beat either Highlands or Cov. Cath? JC beaten Cov Cath 3 times btw.
BackinBlack Wrote:What years did Ashland beat either Highlands or Cov. Cath? JC beaten Cov Cath 3 times btw.

I remember that one time Ashland almost beat Covington Catholic.... 35-8
Ashland - Belfry Last 7 meetings:

1998: Ashland 19-14
2001: Ashland 42-21
2006: Ashland 28-27
2009: Ashland 22-20
2010: Ashland 36-22
2011: Belfry 7-6
2012: Ashland 35-20

Yes we are scared of Belfry...
The same number as JC, none. That's also the same number a EVERY EASTERN KY TEAM except Belfry, which we beat 7 out of the 8 times we played them. You boys had the all time leading rusher in KY History and got your Eagle Feathers handed to you, NEVER winning a title in the 20th or 21st Century. According to you when JC passes wind, flowers and rainbows fall out. You think Male or St X or any other teams quit counting a title cause it happened years ago???? You know who does???? Wanna Be's that never won one!!!! It must ease your pain somehow!!!!
I didn't say anything about beating any body except Belfry. I said we HAD beat them in the past, not the present. JC has done neither. Learn to comprehend what people write.
Ashland has owned Belfry..........................
checkmate9113 Wrote:I was just correcting my man Tomcat guy... How's it going today?

Ah, it's not been too bad?

Hey, tell the kids Seger says , hey.

Uh, you might want to recheck that cracker!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, it's not been too bad?

Hey, tell the kids Seger says , hey.

Will do. Go Eagles!
90Tomcats Wrote:Ashland - Belfry Last 7 meetings:

But rumor has it, the middle school forfeited. Plus back to whoever claimed Ashland has beat Highlands.... :eyeroll:

lol, well that's always pretty evident, especially after the district championship game every year....They've been so depressed up there this week, I had to coax them to even start a game thread.
90Tomcats Wrote:Ashland - Belfry Last 7 meetings:

Hey, while you're at it there super cat, list all of the wins that ASH-land has over Johnson Central in the last 10 years.:popcorn:
TOMCAT Caretaker Wrote:I didn't say anything about beating any body except Belfry. I said we HAD beat them in the past, not the present. JC has done neither. Learn to comprehend what people write.

lol, You might want to learn facts before you start spewing more stupid stuff yourself there, Crackpot.
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey, while you're at it there super cat, list all of the wins that ASH-land has over Johnson Central in the last 10 years.:popcorn:

We gonna be here a while....
ConfusedingleparCentral has owned Ashland but all they have to show for that is an empty trophy case!!!!
TOMCAT Caretaker Wrote:The same number as JC, none. That's also the same number a EVERY EASTERN KY TEAM except Belfry, which we beat 7 out of the 8 times we played them. You boys had the all time leading rusher in KY History and got your Eagle Feathers handed to you, NEVER winning a title in the 20th or 21st Century. According to you when JC passes wind, flowers and rainbows fall out. You think Male or St X or any other teams quit counting a title cause it happened years ago???? You know who does???? Wanna Be's that never won one!!!! It must ease your pain somehow!!!!

Haha, you talk pretty tough there Crackpotter, for a team that has lost to Johnson Central 9 out of the last 10 times.Confusednicker: