Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County @ North Laurel 10/9
North Laurel by 17
North is much better on a dry or wet field.
E's Army Wrote:North is much better on a dry or wet field.

3:34PM storm rolling around the area!
Jags will be 11-0 in a few weeks waiting on the Warriors to come to town.
Jags win this one easily something like 47-6 or 47-14. Letcher defence next to nothing.
HCS Wrote:You must have missed the argument by Gut last year that any coach who doesn't win a state championship in a four-year (maybe five) span should be dismissed.
It reminds me of when Harlan County opened and people said they could never win a state title because Highlands would get them. My response was that I'd take it because that meant Harlan County won a REGIONAL title and made it to the state semifinals.
North is on the way to perhaps the best season in school history. That's plenty of reason to celebrate, especially with a district championship in the process.

If a coach hasn't won a region title in 4 years he should be fired. Assuming its at a school that expects to win. If we were talking about Laurel County, they should just keep whatever they can get.
Van Hagar Wrote:Well, actually it would be a pretty damn big deal. A district title and 11 or 12 wins would be a great season for most schools, including Whitley Co . If the only thing that matters is winning a state title, then there is no reason for many, many schools to even bother playing. No one from Laurel has said anything about winning a state title with this team, and I really don't remember anyone saying anything about beating PC, ain't happening if everyone's healthy. Southwestern maybe. Why all the bitterness at Laurel, Gut, did you flunk out of Sue Bennett?

A district title is just a step in the road. If that's all you strive for, that's all you will ever get. Until you get the mentality that a district title is just another trophy, you will never bring home the one from State.

And as for the bitterness, its not bitterness. Its the hate of the shit fans you all have.
Ummmm....ok. Thanks for enlightening me, I would never have realized you could skip some steps in building a program and go straight to a state title. And I'm not from Laurel originally, when were the fans there any 💩 than any others? When they were winning five girls state basketball titles? Two boys state titles? A state softball title?