Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at East Carter 9/4/15
mightydog Wrote:It does get tough. I still stand by my pre season prediction that the Rams could be 8-2, 7-3 or 5-5, 4-6. I think Lucas Valley, Fairview, Paintsville, GC,and Russell are all toss ups/

Honestly 2-8 is a real possibility also.
I figured a Valley will be about as good if not better than Ashland. I figured Portsmouth West to be about as good or better than Greenup. Fairview and Paintsville, im just not sure. I posted in another thread that im not 100% sold on just how good either of the two or Pikeville are. I know they are all good, but the teams they have played have either been weaker teams or teams that are also up in the air on how good they are. Frankfort, Hazard, and Prestonsburg, all seem to be down from what they usually are. So its hard for me to say that we arent still tops or top 2 in our district.

I think if we played West Carter, with the same fight and "give a crap" that we did Ashland, its a 3 or 4 score ball game. Imo, the top 5 or 6 1a teams havent really played anyone formidable outside of Ashland and with out Baker, Ashland doesnt beat Raceland. So its hard for me to judge much of anything right now. Preseason I said likely 7-3 regular season. Losses to Ashland, Lucasville Valley, and Paintsville/Russell. I think Fairview is a little better, but if someone neutralizes Washington, they will struggle.
Racelands lack up speed and toughness last week concerns me. It may be a long year for them. It's a good thing they're in class A.
The biggest problem that I have seen with this team seems to be a lack of identity. If they are going to find that identity it needs to happen now because the rest of the way isn't going to be easy and they are going to get torn apart by teams who have gotten themselves more established.

I know East is improved but Raceland should be able to win by a sizable margin. Tonight they really need to win big in order to build some confidence going into next weeks game against Greenup because that is a team that will be starving for a win against Raceland and a loss against them could be the game that breaks the season for the Rams.
It's week 3. You guys need to relax and quit over-analyzing this team. Let the coaches do their job and let them get better each week.
I think you'll see a completely different looking team tonight, not just because of their opponent but because they now feel they have something to prove. It's gonna happen.
Slic Ric Wrote:It's week 3. You guys need to relax and quit over-analyzing this team. Let the coaches do their job and let them get better each week.

They may get better each week, but so is everyone else. Its going to take a major effort for them to win 6-7 games. they just don't have the talent at key positions like years past.
Ams 42
East Carter 0
mightydog Wrote:They may get better each week, but so is everyone else. Its going to take a major effort for them to win 6-7 games. they just don't have the talent at key positions like years past.

Your lost as usual
I've got to hand it Raceland for making a tough schedule. This is the last "gimme" on the schedule. All of the remaining games will be tossups. Raceland wins by a lot tonight, though.
Slic Ric Wrote:It's week 3. You guys need to relax and quit over-analyzing this team. Let the coaches do their job and let them get better each week.

I love ya slic. As a coach, world civ teacher, stat man and all around helluva guy...but thats what this site is for brother man!!! For has beens can feel important again lol
Neone know if theres a live video stream tonight?
Just spoke w the man who does it. No stream tonight. Guess its old school night with koolhits.
6-0 Raceland with the ball on east carters 10 now lightening delay .. Raceland defense is dominating so far
Anything new? Still delayed?
Postponed until Saturday
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Postponed until Saturday

Didn't the same thing happen last year against East Carter?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Didn't the same thing happen last year against East Carter?

Yes it did , not making the trip back tonight , seating is terrible , they switched sides put east team on far side, only one set of stands for both teams fans to share which had enough for 500 or so people to sit , It was early and not competitive at all but still heard fans arguing back and forth , they blocked off the far side behind east carters team and the end zone so Raceland fans were 5-6 deep in the other endzone east is just asking for trouble . What are they going to do when they play Johnson central / Ashland ?? Just see this ending badly with fans sitting that close to each other so I'll stay away from Grayson tonight
They won't show up for Ashland game except to see Baker. Play at JC this year.
mightydog Wrote:They may get better each week, but so is everyone else. Its going to take a major effort for them to win 6-7 games. they just don't have the talent at key positions like years past.

If everyone else got better each week no one would have a losing record.
I agree it's going to take a big effort to win most games on their schedule because there are very few easy games on it. They did lose some key personnel at specific positions, but they also returned a lot of talent at key positions as well. Some guys who were riding some talented coattails last year will have to step up and produce, as well as some new guys. They still have a good shot of having a great season if that happens. Will it be as easy as last year? NO...but that doesn't mean it's not possible.
T-CATS Wrote:They won't show up for Ashland game except to see Baker. Play at JC this year.

You and Baker should just get a room.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The Rams travel to Raider country this Friday to take on a seemingly improved East Carter team. EC had a big program win over West Union, OH last week, with a running clock. The Rams are coming off a lack luster week 1 win over an improved West Carter team and a week 2 thumping at the hands of Mr. Baker and company. Imo, Raceland needs a lopsided, nearly flawlessly dominant win over the Raiders, in order to get some of their preseason credit back, as well as provide some much needed confidence for the team itself. What do you guys think?

I agree that the Rams need a dominating game to get back on track. In my opinion they just need to get back to the basics of pounding the ball effectively and letting that set up some easy passes for the qb. If the Rams can stay effective in the passing game I think it will be much easier for them to get their offense on track and get back to steamrolling people. As long as they avoid turnovers they should win pretty comfortably in this game. Gonna say 42-12 RAMS.
Raceland 12 East Carter 6 at halftime. The Rams have had a lot of trouble moving the ball and are flat emotionally. East Carter is pumped up and they believe that they can win this game. If the Rams don't wake up in the 2nd half it will be a long ride home from Grayson.
I agree. We have got to get a grip on just going through the motions. We moved the ball as well as we wanted to last night then come out flat as a flitter tonight. To out gain someone 200+ yards to 60 in one half and only have a 12-6 lead is a bad deal. Hopefully we wake up in the 2nd half.
35-6 Raceland 2:13 left in the 3rd. They must have gotten a nice halftime talk they look like a totally different team.
42-12 final
Obviously a much better second half. Hopefully it carries over into next week and the season ahead.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree. We have got to get a grip on just going through the motions. We moved the ball as well as we wanted to last night then come out flat as a flitter tonight. To out gain someone 200+ yards to 60 in one half and only have a 12-6 lead is a bad deal. Hopefully we wake up in the 2nd half.

light a fire under them, Scotty Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:light a fire under them, Scotty Confusednicker:

Tryin to dougie boy!! I just know what potential and football smarts the kids on this team has and what they could be capable of. They just havent showed it for whatever reason. I stand strongly behind the fact that game 1 should have looked similar to this and that, if not for our horrid first quarter against Ashland, everyone is singing a much different tune about the Rams this year. I really think the kids bought into alot of the preseason hyoe and smoke so many of us were blowing. I hope our second half effort on both sides of the ball transposes itself from here on out.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Tryin to dougie boy!! I just know what potential and football smarts the kids on this team has and what they could be capable of. They just havent showed it for whatever reason. I stand strongly behind the fact that game 1 should have looked similar to this and that, if not for our horrid first quarter against Ashland, everyone is singing a much different tune about the Rams this year. I really think the kids bought into alot of the preseason hyoe and smoke so many of us were blowing. I hope our second half effort on both sides of the ball transposes itself from here on out.

I'm sure they'll wake up and get lined out.