Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 125 David 28
Alfus, tell us this, has Valley played any team so far that is rated in lets say the top 7 in any region? Shoot, lets make it a top 10 team?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Alfus, tell us this, has Valley played any team so far that is rated in lets say the top 7 in any region? Shoot, lets make it a top 10 team?

Through 1/6 of the season not yet, but you can't honestly look at the schedule from here on out and call it a joke. Just because Pikeville scheduled Paintsville for their 2nd game don't act like Pikeville has a mean schedule or something.
I do want to make it clear that I would have the same feelings no matter who beats David this bad in the 59th. David School wanted to be put in KHSAA competition and they got it.

I'll say the same thing even if Pikeville or East Ridge beats them like this.

I have a question.

In the chance of a tie in the district. Is there anyway that how bad you beat a team go into the tiebreaker?
alfus21 Wrote:Through 1/6 of the season not yet, but you can't honestly look at the schedule from here on out and call it a joke. Just because Pikeville scheduled Paintsville for their 2nd game don't act like Pikeville has a mean schedule or something.

Shelby Valleys program has been a few levels above Pikevilles in the past few years, therefore you would think Valley would have a much tougher schedule than Pikeville, but thats not the case.
Again you are right Alfus. Out of 18 games they have left, only 5 of them have a winning record to date.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
basketballjones Wrote:Shelby Valleys program has been a few levels above Pikevilles in the past few years, therefore you would think Valley would have a much tougher schedule than Pikeville, but thats not the case.

Yeah, since Pikeville just beat them in district last season your argument is pretty weak.
alfus21 Wrote:I do want to make it clear that I would have the same feelings no matter who beats David this bad in the 59th. David School wanted to be put in KHSAA competition and they got it.

I'll say the same thing even if Pikeville or East Ridge beats them like this.

I have a question.

In the chance of a tie in the district. Is there anyway that how bad you beat a team go into the tiebreaker?

No, it goes by a coin toss. So why embarrass another team by beating them by 97 points?
Gutless.....why not play freshman the entire game. From the sounds of it a good Middle School team or even a good Elementary team would beat this bunch by 20+. No way any team should humiliate another school like this, flat out shame. Anyway, congrats on Valley for their hard fought win....well shoot congrats if they even broke a sweat.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Again you are right Alfus. Out of 18 games they have left, only 5 of them have a winning record to date.

First off, we're what. A couple weeks into the season? Who's to say some of these teams aren't playing their best ball right now?

Second of all, they play more than 18 games. Including two tournaments with teams with winning records. To Dunbar's credit they are 3-3 in the 11th region and recently lost to Lex. Cath by only 7 points.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:No, it goes by a coin toss. So why embarrass another team by beating them by 97 points?

I think the David players were probably embarrassed way before this loss. See their schedule.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah, since Pikeville just beat them in district last season your argument is pretty weak.

So Pikeville beat Valley last year and that means the two programs have been on the same level for the past 5 years? Valley just got out coached last year. Valley is one of the upper level teams in the region and should be playing way better competition than they are.
The last time I checked, 3-3 isnt a winning record. 4-3 is... 3-3 isnt.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The last time I checked, 3-3 isnt a winning record. 4-3 is... 3-3 isnt.

Show me where I said it was.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Again you are right Alfus. Out of 18 games they have left, only 5 of them have a winning record to date.

Funny thing you posted that considering I just checked Pikeville's schedule and without looking at the tournament teams only 5 teams left on their schedule have a winning record to date. How ironic :popcorn:
basketballjones Wrote:So Pikeville beat Valley last year and that means the two programs have been on the same level for the past 5 years? Valley just got out coached last year. Valley is one of the upper level teams in the region and should be playing way better competition than they are.

I love how much you live in the past. This isn't 5 years ago bub. So you don't consider Pikeville one of the upper level teams in the region this season considering they play Paintsville to the wire tonight and are considered among 95% of people as a top 5 team in the region.

alfus21 Wrote:...To Dunbar's credit they are 3-3 in the 11th region and recently lost to Lex. Cath by only 7 points.

You keep bringing up Dunbar... you are the one who said 3-3 is a winning record...
Its not living in the past, it's fact Pikeville hasn't been on the same level as Valley has. Valleys schedule will be stronger next year. Pikeville can get to the upper level buy the end of the year but right now I would say they are between 6 and 8.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:You keep bringing up Dunbar... you are the one who said 3-3 is a winning record...

I just said "to their credit". Meaning they are a .500 team in one of the top 3 regions in the state.

Seriously show where I said 3-3 is a winning record. Go find it. Please. I'll let this whole subject rest if you show where I said 3-3 is a winning record.
basketballjones Wrote:Its not living in the past, it's fact Pikeville hasn't been on the same level as Valley has. Valleys schedule will be stronger next year with their new coach. Pikeville can get to the upper level buy the end of the year but right now I would say they are between 6 and 8.

I heard Stevie Kiser was helping next year. any truth to that?
as for the game i dont even know what to say. i'll let everybody know after i talk to some people tomorrow.
I said out of 18 games left, only 5 had a winning record. You brought up Dunbar at 3-3. They might have lost all thee games by only 1 point to the top three teams in the nation, but they still lost them. It will be interesting to see what their record is right before Valley plays them.
Not the name I heard from a friend at the board, but he does help there now.
Don't post false information on here jones and MRC, especially concerning speculation on a new coach or whatever. Take it to the PM's if you want to talk about that.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I said out of 18 games left, only 5 had a winning record. You brought up Dunbar at 3-3. They might have lost all thee games by only 1 point to the top three teams in the nation, but they still lost them. It will be interesting to see what their record is right before Valley plays them.

Smile Alright. You really showed that I said they had a winning record there.
well daivid isnt very good now are they?
Just leave it alone, David wont win a game this year unless its by Piarst, its not Valley's faught that david got put in the same region,so just let it go.
Alright let's clean this thread up...
David has someone on their schedule named OPEN...ill take OPEN by 23
NYY10 Wrote:Just leave it alone, David wont win a game this year unless its by Piarst, its not Valley's faught that david got put in the same region,so just let it go.
125 points is a lot no matter who you play
First of all, Valley played their younger kids the whole game against David so you can't tell them not to score when they are in the game. Second of all, BBallonly fan you act like we are going into march by the way you are talking. These kids have played 5 ball games. The schedule does get tougher for Valley, and say what you want a 3-3 team in the 11th region is better than an undefeated team in the 15th. They play tougher competetion. I got an idea you and redneck go start a Pikeville thread and post on it. I am so sick and tired of you guys talking about Valley's schedule. They had to play this game and yes it might hurt them when they face some competition but it didn't hurt them against Shawnee. I know you will say Shawnee is terrible but tell me the last time a 15th region team beat a Louisville team. We have argued on three different threads now Bball fan on Valley's schedule. Get over it and worry about Pikeville.