Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 2015 schedule
I have no idea what Wayne has coming back. What I do no is, most of the time MJ is clueless.
This is the kind of schedule that CAN get a coach fired. Not that he will be. Ask Larkey. This schedule is way above what it should be. At the end of the year we will see what it has done for us.
I can't see Coach Russell losing his job over wins and losses. Remember a certain girls basketball coach. But it is Knox Co. Anything is possible.
I dont think stewart will be the quarterback at central next year. i have freshman adam renfro coming away with the starting job. i know renfro has thee advantage over stewart this spring since stewart is playing baseball.
Stewart has the ability to run, no doubt but the renfro kid has an arm on him with some speed. Spring ball will hurt stewart with not playing spring ball and having renfro take over. Be nice to see who's gonna be the qb out there for the panthers this season..
QBGuru Wrote:I dont think stewart will be the quarterback at central next year. i have freshman adam renfro coming away with the starting job. i know renfro has thee advantage over stewart this spring since stewart is playing baseball.

Think what you want but Renfro the great kid he is. Has no chance a being the starter at qb. He will be used as a wr alot this year. Maybe some qb in certain situations but I just dont see it happening.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Can't win big games with Stewart
Brutal schedule. Will be fun to watch some of those games.
Knox central you talk a big game Wayne County will be waiting for you
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Can't win big games with Stewart

Dude how can you say thatn you dont even know anything about the kid. Fyi last year was his first playing qb at the high school level and he did prety darn good too. He is only going to get better as he matures and leads this team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Cardinal Express Wrote:Knox central you talk a big game Wayne County will be waiting for you

Dont remembering anyone bashing Wayne, so dont get on here trying to start stuff. Anyone who knows football knows wayne is a very good team, and well coached. But for you to start thing crap this early is a joke. Im glad that not all of Wayne County fans are not like you....see ya in the fall...:betterthanexpected:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Brutal schedule. Will be fun to watch some of those games.

Going to be tough.. I can see them going 5-5 or maybe 6-4. But they should be playoff ready.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Watched Knox twice last year.. At Bell and against Boyle Co.
Your right, I don't know him and he might have great leadership skills.. Arm has to get better.. If that happens, Knox will be very dangerous team..
Stewart did a great job last year, IMO. He was very poised and mature in his leadership skills, too.

Knox Central should be prepared by season's end, tough schedule.
panther nation Wrote:Dont remembering anyone bashing Wayne, so dont get on here trying to start stuff. Anyone who knows football knows wayne is a very good team, and well coached. But for you to start thing crap this early is a joke. Im glad that not all of Wayne County fans are not like you....see ya in the fall...:betterthanexpected:

I call bs you guys think you guys have the district wrapped up. We got this game circled. We will be ready.
Unless Stewart has an absolutely horrible spring, and magically loses his talent, he will be the starting QB in the fall. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. You all seem to forget that he was a sophomore last year, playing in a new offense as a first year starter. For him to perform like he did was wonderful. I had limited expectations for him and he exceeded that. This year I would like to see him pass for 750+ and run for 400+. With around 10-15 touchdowns on the year. Keeping it under 5 interceptions. Renfro is a good prospect. Not sure where he fits in the High school game. I could see him playing some receiver if he can catch and run some good routes.
Knox will rely on the zone run scheme this year, if I'm guessing. With some play action thrown in. Which is why the numbers I have set for Stewart are relatively low. If he achieves those numbers, Knox will be what some consider dangerous.
I figured Stewart wouldn't go through spring ball.. He is a baseball player, isn't he ?
He more than likely want be in spring ball. You are correct in that is playing baseball. Either way he will be starting qb come football season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
The big key for the panthers this year will be the passing game. Everyone knows they can run the ball, but you have to balance out the offense also. You just cant run run pass. It has to be mixed up or you get predictable as years past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:The big key for the panthers this year will be the passing game. Everyone knows they can run the ball, but you have to balance out the offense also. You just cant run run pass. It has to be mixed up or you get predictable as years past.

I agree 100% with Renfro added to mix will def help with our passing game. also having the other stewart #28 back fully healthy will contribute to the passing game.
Probably the toughest schedule the school has played in many years. If injuries don't bite and we can learn from the losses - it could be a banner year. One key for KC will be too learn to play from behind. Playing quality teams means they will score - gotta keep head up.

The other key will be to mix the run and pass in ways that make it harder for defense to know what's coming. Successful programs get that way by studying film. If their defensive calls are correct based on trends - running the ball will be tough.

Looking forward to a fun season.
Did the diamond kid go back to KC?
How about the middle school Qb.. I'm hearing really good things about him.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:How about the middle school Qb.. I'm hearing really good things about him.

I hear he doesnt want to wait until his jr year to start. Kind of ironic since that is the same reason I heard stewart left corbin. Nobody wants their kid to wait their turn anymore.
KC will be better this year as a team. Maybe not as much talent but that is not the most important thing. The Graduation of Barger will be a HUGE PLUS for the team.
Why do you say that TopCat....think they depended on him too much?
TopCat Wrote:KC will be better this year as a team. Maybe not as much talent but that is not the most important thing. The Graduation of Barger will be a HUGE PLUS for the team.

I feel like they will have the most talent they have had since Coach Russel has been there.
Granny Bear Wrote:Why do you say that TopCat....think they depended on him too much?

I think he was overrated. Didn't do much without the Football to help his team. Not sure if he ever made any plays against good teams?? I am guessing he was not much of a practice player either. Hard to get everyone to work when your "star" don't work. Had a ton of ability but it is a TEAM sport. Just my .02 cents. I am sure many will disagree.

I think the kid that plays TE is a better "football" player. I did only watch them 3 times last year. Bell, PCC and Corbin.
*Rumor Alert*

I've always "heard" that football was not Barger's favorite sport; that he always preferred basketball.