Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina 75 - Kentucky 63
windmill Wrote:Morris did play good, i mean all of his shots were dunks, hard to miss those when u can get up like no other, but if this game was played over UNC would still win, it would take an awsome effort from Bradley Morris and Perry, and they all 3 want to be the superstars, so thats going to be hard for them to pull off, UNC, not like that, and thats why they will win their 2nd national championship in 3 years

UNC will not make it past the sweet 16 they will be upset from a team like Gonzaga. Morris did have a few dunks but they were over Tyler Hansbrough the player you said would put it all over UK he finished with a big 7 points so I think that Morris won the battle of the big men
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
windmill Wrote:Morris did play good, i mean all of his shots were dunks, hard to miss those when u can get up like no other, but if this game was played over UNC would still win, it would take an awsome effort from Bradley Morris and Perry, and they all 3 want to be the superstars, so thats going to be hard for them to pull off, UNC, not like that, and thats why they will win their 2nd national championship in 3 years

Morris had 3 dunks, and other than that went 8-9 from the field. He put Hansbrough to shame, plain and simple.

UNC is very beatable. And many teams will show that this season.
Mr. Norris Wrote:I never realized 23 min. of play was limited action. His turnover when Kentucky was on a 4v3 fast break didn't help much, nor did his amazing "let me stand still while the man I'm guarding blows past me" defense throughout the game. Off the top of my head I can think of 2 of his missed shots, one was a BRICKED 3-pointer and the other was a missed turn around jumper in the lane which should've easily been made. ESPN says he missed one more but I can't think of it, you can refresh my memory if you'd like because I wouldn't mind the laugh. The fact that a player at the level of Thomas is getting as much playing time on our team and even starting is a joke. He deserves no more than 10 min. a game and Jared Carter doesn't deserve to touch the floor, even during timeouts. When this senior class graduates, the UK nation can celebrate a better future without them and hopefully Tubby Smith will follow them out the door.

While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and take a few shots at Tubby. The most popular defense people have had for him over the past couple years has been that it's impossible to be good year after year. Well, tell that to Duke, UNC, UCONN, and Memphis. We're no longer feared and back to back years getting our arse handed to us by UNC has looked really good. None of the big time recruits want to play here anymore because it's not a scorers system. For the big time players, coming here literally will cost them money in the future because they won't look half as good here as they would in UNC or Duke. Also, I hope Tubby has learned that passing out scholarships to anybody 7' and up isn't always a good choice, for instance, Woo(LOL), Carter, and Alleyne.

Perry Stevenson is playing down right now but will start to turn it around. Porter, well I wonder what his job on this team really is. Jasper is doing well, Meeks is also performing nicely. By the end of the season, I expect Jasper and Meeks both to have fairly large roles on this team, while we'll most likely have to wait until next year to see Stevenson at his best. I don't hardly know what to expect from Porter, giving his size. He did have a nice drive to the hole today but it seems to me at this point he's having trouble getting shots.

Given everything, I expect us to make it to the second or third rounds of the tournament at this point. Unless the team makes a far better turn for the good than I expect, that will be as much as we get from them this season.

And by the way, yea, we have lost to 3 top 15 teams this season but we're averaging a double digit loss in those 3 losses. We should've atleast beat one of those teams to prove we're a top 25 team, but right now we aren't one anyways.

As far as Thomas is concerned. He has shown that he can play, and plays a lot more physical than Stevenson. I'm not saying I like Thomas either, but he can play more physical at a higher weight than Stevenson he gets knocked around pretty easily right now by the bigger teams. Thomas single handedly won the game against Arkansas last season, so he has shown he can be useful. He won't get better sitting on the bench.

Concerning your "Good, year after year statement" and the teams you mentioned. UNC went 19-16 four seasons ago and 19-11 three seasons ago. Memphis went 22-16 two seasons ago, and wasn't really a powerhouse before that so I don't have a clue why you mentioned them. UCONN and Duke have been tough, but Duke will not be ranked at season's end. UCONN is in a rebuilding phase also. It is hard to stay good year after year. Kentucky had three amazing seasons in a row going into last season. Teams will have those kinds of years and recover. Just like UK from the late 89-91 seasons.

We're no longer feared? Teams never fear anybody in todays game. (Oral Roberts over Kansas @ Kansas - North Dakota State over Marquette) Too much parody in today's game for anybody to be scared of another team. If Kentucky can make it through the Sutton phase, they will be fine though Smith.

As far as coming to UK costing players money. Tell that to Bogans, Fitch, Prince, and Hayes. He developed all of those guys into where they are today.

Porter? 50% from the field, and 4-5 from 3 point range. He's a sharp shooter, plain and simple. He will pay off huge in the long run. He's just a freshman and will develop into a great player.

And yes we're averaging a double digit loss mainly because of 1 awful half which occurred against Memphis. We played the #1 team in the nation down to the wire. We beat a Depaul team which just knocked off Kansas, which knocked off Florida. This team will be great come March, and reminds me a lot of the 03 team which started slowly but surged in the second half. Tubby and this team will work out the small things they are messing up on and be a tough team come March.
windmill Wrote:over half of you guys said they would shock UNC,

News to me. According to this thread nobody picked UK to shock UNC. Where do you get your information?

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ge=2&pp=25
I was so mad throughout this whole game. Joe Crawford had gotten so selfish with the ball. If UK didn't have Randolph Morris then they'd only score about 45 a game. Bobby Perry still hasnt improved, no one moves around when they are doing an inbounds pass, no one moves on offense, and no one can shoot the ball. I think Tubby should start:

C-Morris
PF-Stevenson
SF-Meeks
SG-Porter
PG-Jasper

Tubby just needs to get the point across too those VETERANS like Perry, Bradley, Crawford, and Thomas. They need to realized that Gerald Fitch, Keith Bogans, Erik Daniels, Marquis Estill isn't there anymore. These guys just need to realize what it says on the front of there jersey and not what it says on the back.
blackcat_student Wrote:I was so mad throughout this whole game. Joe Crawford had gotten so selfish with the ball. If UK didn't have Randolph Morris then they'd only score about 45 a game. Bobby Perry still hasnt improved, no one moves around when they are doing an inbounds pass, no one moves on offense, and no one can shoot the ball. I think Tubby should start:

C-Morris
PF-Stevenson
SF-Meeks
SG-Porter
PG-Jasper

Tubby just needs to get the point across too those VETERANS like Perry, Bradley, Crawford, and Thomas. They need to realized that Gerald Fitch, Keith Bogans, Erik Daniels, Marquis Estill isn't there anymore. These guys just need to realize what it says on the front of there jersey and not what it says on the back.

I agree
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS