Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Mayfield Cardinals
mysonis55 Wrote:Besides that sheriff, you will find, if they ask our coaches they will probably get the game. Just ask Corbin. We are traveling over 3 hours this year and next just to play them during the regular season.

Where are they playing? Corbin is 5 hours from Mayfield.
Lindsey Wilson College. U should jump n with 64 and come watch.
mysonis55 Wrote:Besides that sheriff, you will find, if they ask our coaches they will probably get the game. Just ask Corbin. We are traveling over 3 hours this year and next just to play them during the regular season.

I doubt your coaches would like the result. It is over 7 hours 1 way. Shelby doesn't like to play someone who cant give them a descent game. Even if the teams met in the middle it would be over 3 1/2 hours 1 way for each team. Would your coach, and fans want to drive that far just to get dogsnotted by 40 at half.
We have driven 5 hours 1 way pretty regularly over the past 6 years or so to play Beechwood. I don't think you would get the results that you expect.
Well Card fans, I have done some work and have finally found what I have been looking for , for quiet some time. Remember the beloved banner that used to hang on the scoreboard before we got the new scoreboard? I loved that thing because it gave you a clear picture of the success that we have enjoyed for so long here. I have been trying to get the numbers to be able to put that together again. I found it. I was watching a video and was able to pause the shots long enough to get all the numbers up to the 2002 season. Lucky for yall, I know the results like clockwork from there. This is what the banner would look like if updated to this point:

STATE CHAMPS
77, 78, 85,86, 93, 95, 02, 10, 12,13,14

STATE RUNNERS UP
76, 87, 89, 91, 92, 98, 05, 09, 11

FINAL FOUR
81, 83, 84, 88, 90, 94, 96, 00, 01, 03, 04, 06

Pretty nice huh. I am thinking about having a new banner made. I will see if I can hang it where the senior banners were this season. Let me know what y'all think.
Lindsey Wilson's field is beside the main road and it was a beautiful facility from what I remember seeing. Should be a good hopefully. 64 and 55 just can't stay away from one another..
mysonis55 Wrote:Lindsey Wilson College. U should jump n with 64 and come watch.

Why are they playing in Columbia?
I'm not sure how or why that worked out to be there. I'm just looking forward to it. 64 will be setting on the Mayfield side this time.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well Card fans, I have done some work and have finally found what I have been looking for , for quiet some time. Remember the beloved banner that used to hang on the scoreboard before we got the new scoreboard? I loved that thing because it gave you a clear picture of the success that we have enjoyed for so long here. I have been trying to get the numbers to be able to put that together again. I found it. I was watching a video and was able to pause the shots long enough to get all the numbers up to the 2002 season. Lucky for yall, I know the results like clockwork from there. This is what the banner would look like if updated to this point:

STATE CHAMPS
77, 78, 85,86, 93, 95, 02, 10, 12,13,14

STATE RUNNERS UP
76, 87, 89, 91, 92, 98, 05, 09, 11

FINAL FOUR
81, 83, 84, 88, 90, 94, 96, 00, 01, 03, 04, 06

Pretty nice huh. I am thinking about having a new banner made. I will see if I can hang it where the senior banners were this season. Let me know what y'all think.

I like it, check with an old timer before you get it made. I have the stat book from a few years ago, plus by looking at Mayfield cardinals.net I think they now have like 34 semi appearances. I believe it was late 60's early 70's they had a couple more that never was on the original banner.
I would say that Corbin and Mayfield are playing in Columbia just to lessen the travel load for the fanbases. It doesn't hurt that Lindsey Wilson has an extremely nice facility. Columbia is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Corbin and 3 hours and 15 from Mayfield but it beats the 5 hour trip.

Bowling Green is virtually half way between Corbin and Mayfield down to the minute but it would probably be a little more hard to schedule a game at WKU. Either way, I am really looking forward to this matchup. Mayfield and Corbin are two of the most prestigious names in Kentucky High School football. I have a feeling that this game will draw fans from not only the Cardinal faithful and my fellow Redhounds, but fans from all around.
I am looking forward to that game. I wish we could pick up some more big games. You know like drop Marshall Co and play Highlands or something like that.
HAROLD Wrote:I would say that Corbin and Mayfield are playing in Columbia just to lessen the travel load for the fanbases. It doesn't hurt that Lindsey Wilson has an extremely nice facility. Columbia is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Corbin and 3 hours and 15 from Mayfield but it beats the 5 hour trip.

Bowling Green is virtually half way between Corbin and Mayfield down to the minute but it would probably be a little more hard to schedule a game at WKU. Either way, I am really looking forward to this matchup. Mayfield and Corbin are two of the most prestigious names in Kentucky High School football. I have a feeling that this game will draw fans from not only the Cardinal faithful and my fellow Redhounds, but fans from all around.

Yeah, I was curious why Corbin didnt have to travel near as far.
pjdoug Wrote:Yeah, I was curious why Corbin didnt have to travel near as far.

Corbin will get home and hour later pjdoug.......think :pondering: ....Time Zone
64, don't forget your Cardinal attire. We still have some photos to take. Seems like you kinda skated out of your agreement in Dec.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, don't forget your Cardinal attire. We still have some photos to take. Seems like you kinda skated out of your agreement in Dec.

Oh my :yikes::Cheerlead
mysonis55 Wrote:64, don't forget your Cardinal attire. We still have some photos to take. Seems like you kinda skated out of your agreement in Dec.

I know 55. :worthy:
64SUR Wrote:Corbin will get home and hour later pjdoug.......think :pondering: ....Time Zone

you need a math class:blondetea
The math class can wait until after he gets his grammar education.
8-21 Fort Campbell (away)
8-28 Marshall Co (away)
9-4 Paducah Tilghman (away)
9-11 McCracken Co (home)
9-18 Graves Co (home)
9-25 Corbin @ Lindsey Wilson
10-2 Murray (home)
10-9 open
10-16 Ballard Mem (home)
10-23 Webster Co (away)
10-30 Caldwell Co (away)

New schedule just revealed.
Tonight is the ring dinner at 6p. 64, drive over and see what our rings look like.
QUOTE=mysonis55;1879543]Sheriff Griffith, I think Mayfield Cardinal posted a reply to your thoughts about Shelby NC in the wrong thread. He made a reply and according to the computers, your NC team looked to be underdogs to our Cardinals most of the past 6 years or so.[/QUOTE]

Ok ill consede that you have a very strong team there.:igiveup::notworthy
Honestly, I wish we could just settle it on the field. I wish they would do something for the top small teams across the nation instead of just the big ones. Like our small school champs playing the ones from Ohio, Tn, NC, Ind or Ill. I would love to see how we match up.
mysonis55 Wrote:Honestly, I wish we could just settle it on the field. I wish they would do something for the top small teams across the nation instead of just the big ones. Like our small school champs playing the ones from Ohio, Tn, NC, Ind or Ill. I would love to see how we match up.

I agree 100%. Other than TX and some of the schools in FL who have an insane number of freak atheletes and brutuses up front per square inch, very few small schools across the country get recognition. When Highlands or Trinity are the smaller of two schools playing on a nationally televised game, its saying something. Would love to see something other than a small college sized HS school team get some national exposure.
I just watched Union City hudl video from playoffs this year. I want them on the schedule. I'm calling them out. I will start a thread. Maybe they will quit dodging us. I know the 2015 schedule is set but, let's do it in 2016. Yall jump on board and help make them wanna man up.
mysonis55 Wrote:The math class can wait until after he gets his grammar education.

^Confusednicker:
Mayfield fans, it seems we have a new single season rushing leader. I don't recall this being announced this year. I just got my copy of the season stats. I'm looking at the old star book that came out in 2012. It had JJ as the all time leader for single season rushing, who would have guessed that. He owns most stats. However, little Trajon Bright this year rushed for 1,943 yds. That is 132 more than JJ. If I know JJ like I think I do, he would have been very pleased to congratulate Trajon. 2 great kids, not just great ball players.
I forgot, Bright also owns the rushing touchdowns per season mark at 31.
mysonis55 Wrote:Mayfield fans, it seems we have a new single season rushing leader. I don't recall this being announced this year. I just got my copy of the season stats. I'm looking at the old star book that came out in 2012. It had JJ as the all time leader for single season rushing, who would have guessed that. He owns most stats. However, little Trajon Bright this year rushed for 1,943 yds. That is 132 more than JJ. If I know JJ like I think I do, he would have been very pleased to congratulate Trajon. 2 great kids, not just great ball players.

Not trying to argue 55, but Bright doesn't hold the season record yet. The 1800 yard season JJ had was in 2011 the last season that book had. The next year I his senior season he had around 2200 If I remember correctly. But still impressive for trajon. JJ increased every year so trajon having more in his sophomore year than JJ did in his junior year says a lot. Lets hope he increases over the next 2 seasons as well. I believe he will leave both the season, and career yardage leader.
Any transfer from McCracken County and Graves County moving in for a 2A run for mayfield....Rumor Confusederiously:
mysonis55 Wrote:8-21 Fort Campbell (away)
8-28 Marshall Co (away)
9-4 Paducah Tilghman (away)
9-11 McCracken Co (home)
9-18 Graves Co (home)
9-25 Corbin @ Lindsey Wilson
10-2 Murray (home)
10-9 open
10-16 Ballard Mem (home)
10-23 Webster Co (away)
10-30 Caldwell Co (away)

New schedule just revealed.

Should be 2 easy wins before 5 toss up games then two easy wins and a good end of season game with Caldwell.