Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 81 Lawrence County 59
He will not talk to me and ignores me :hilarious: :Clap: Confusednicker:
I miss you Bobby Seger Confusednicker:
I think this borders on the line of revealing identities. Careful.
How is that Kayla?
JC people make me :biglmao:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Oh, well, that's proof. You heard it from some friends, MUST be true. :biglmao: Well before the incident with the boy who left the team, there were players TWEETING out there "bring Cook back". About their own coach. Now, that was BEFORE this incident. Not to mention the numerous "I'm transferring" statements from 3 of the starters from last year when the new coach got the job. Talk about "respect", seems this coach didn't have it nor did he have a chance to earn it from day #1.

And funny that nobody has answered just what did Cook do while he was here? Win some meaningless games? No district. No region titles. But he's a better coach because???? Give York a couple of years, see what he can do. At worst, after two years, he'll accomplish as much as Cook did....

Dream on............:hilarious: Should worry more about your team and not ours.
RaisinBran Wrote:Dream on............:hilarious: Should worry more about your team and not ours.

Another great response. Still avoiding the obvious question...what made Cook a "great" coach while at LCHS?
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Another great response. Still avoiding the obvious question...what made Cook a "great" coach while at LCHS?

The dawgs went through the same thing when anderson left. These boys have had 4 coaches that is a lot of adjusting for the players. They will be fine.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Another great response. Still avoiding the obvious question...what made Cook a "great" coach while at LCHS?

You should probably ask York that since he's still running most of Cook's old offenses. Probably should've taken a page from his defense while he was at it. Cook never referred to any of his players as a "cancer" either. Get what you give. :dontthink
2 20 plus win seasons. Had kids playing as a team. Didn't drink the kool aid of the crazy community and some Parents about how good these kids were in middle school. Meaningless games?? All games should have meaning. York has spent to
Much time trying to coach girls volleyball to earn respect from these kids. Why is it they all ran and played football? bottom line is in no way, shape, form does he accomplish 2 20
Win seasons. I hate it for those kids, but it's been proven time and again that little LC can't handle success. Everytime we have a little bit in football, baseball, basketball the talk starts that we will win state. Blah blah blah. Same old story.
Hey KyRock I'm not a JC affiliate. I work for SC.

And Frank -- why would York assisting his wife with Volleyball cause him to not deserve respect? You lost me there.
He was never at weightlifting. He was never at open gym. Never took time
To build the needed relationships with the players. And they noticed.
Bob Seger Wrote:Stay tuned and watch the restless LC natives cannibalize on their own young and wash it down with that vintage elixir that flows in those bubbly streams thru the wild and treacherous jungles of Lawrence Co. Everybody's on pins and needles here awaitin the outcome of this epic debate. Same LC time, same LC channel.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

"Mmmmmmm" the good stuff!
[Image: http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default...k=D9r6YqhP]:biggrin:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
FRANKtheTANK Wrote:2 20 plus win seasons. Had kids playing as a team. Didn't drink the kool aid of the crazy community and some Parents about how good these kids were in middle school. Meaningless games?? All games should have meaning. York has spent to
Much time trying to coach girls volleyball to earn respect from these kids. Why is it they all ran and played football? bottom line is in no way, shape, form does he accomplish 2 20
Win seasons. I hate it for those kids, but it's been proven time and again that little LC can't handle success. Everytime we have a little bit in football, baseball, basketball the talk starts that we will win state. Blah blah blah. Same old story.

Volleyball? Seriously? Well, how many of his starters played football? And he still had open gyms and weights during the football/volleyball season. There wasn't a day that those basketball boys who weren't playing football weren't lifting weights or running or shooting in the gym. Come on, is that all you can come up with there? That's pretty weak.

There has been a lot of criticism on York for this team not coming together. You say that Cook brought them together and didn't have these troubles. Well, wonder why? Do you think some of these kids just suddenly developed an attitude this year? And bad grades? If you believe that, you are truly gullible. Excuse York for trying to instill a bit of RESPONSIBILITY in to these young men. If this who thing had went down last year, nobody would have known about it and nobody would have been suspended or left the team. Why? Because it would have been swept under the rug with excuses and giving in. As a parent of a student-athlete at LC, I applaud Coach York for this.

Looks like the kid is coming back to the team this weekend. Heard his behavior has been outstanding the past month and his grades are now over 3.0 GPA since school started back. Seems as if York's policy may have worked and made this kid a BETTER PERSON.
Lawrence County is a region contending team when they have 100% of their players, without Timmy and Robert both being there I just barely see them getting out of the 60th district.
Yeah if York is having issues meshing with his kids, it definitely isn't because of being assistant coach to the volleyball team. Considering his wife is Head Coach, that's called being a supportive and helpful husband. Yet another reason to appreciate the example he's trying to set.

I'm not pretending to know the whole story... but it sounds like his expectations are similar to what I ask of my own players. It's hard to get the whole community behind you when you start asking athletes to follow the rules because they simply didn't have to before. In no way am I saying Coach Cook didn't ask these things. But if York is requiring it and not budging, kudos to him. They are students first.

Only about 4% of high school basketball players go to the next level according to the NCAA. So what are you teaching them off the court? That's what's important.
Do-double-gg Wrote:"Mmmmmmm" the good stuff!
[Image: http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default...k=D9r6YqhP]:biggrin:

:biggrin:

Very Good GG!!
I thought Coach Cook did a great job at LC, I've only seen LC at the WYMT this season but they just seem to be playing like a AAU team. Don't look like the Coach is coaching much.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Volleyball? Seriously? Well, how many of his starters played football? And he still had open gyms and weights during the football/volleyball season. There wasn't a day that those basketball boys who weren't playing football weren't lifting weights or running or shooting in the gym. Come on, is that all you can come up with there? That's pretty weak.

There has been a lot of criticism on York for this team not coming together. You say that Cook brought them together and didn't have these troubles. Well, wonder why? Do you think some of these kids just suddenly developed an attitude this year? And bad grades? If you believe that, you are truly gullible. Excuse York for trying to instill a bit of RESPONSIBILITY in to these young men. If this who thing had went down last year, nobody would have known about it and nobody would have been suspended or left the team. Why? Because it would have been swept under the rug with excuses and giving in. As a parent of a student-athlete at LC, I applaud Coach York for this.

Looks like the kid is coming back to the team this weekend. Heard his behavior has been outstanding the past month and his grades are now over 3.0 GPA since school started back. Seems as if York's policy may have worked and made this kid a BETTER PERSON.

if you think grades were a part of it, you're the gullible one. You're telling me you support a coach, also his assistant coach, that would call a player a "cancer" to the team and stated publicly that they hoped he didn't play? Yeah, theres someone to really get behind. So you have access to see his GPA? Interesting. If his grades were bad enough that they were the reason he got kicked off, which is an easy way to sweep the real issue under the rug, there's no way he has had time to bring his GPA up to a 3.0 already.
i agree 100%. Cook did a great job at lc and now it seems like people are starting to realize what a good coach he is. Last time i checked mercer seems to be doing pretty well. Im glad that dalton kid got his grades up so fast I'm sure it had nothing to do with all them games they have been loosing. Seems to me that they did that kid wrong if the things people are saying is true. (cancer) thats pretty bad even for lc standards.
a true coach focuses on one sport. he could have been having open gym or doing something to improve his relationship with his players. you don't get a basketball coaching position and come in and start coaching volleyball. I don't care if you are helping your wife. that's just too much to focus on. focus on what you know and whats important. let me tell you what the real deal is or was. there were jealousy issues between other coaches last year and coach cook. they didn't like the fact that he was getting recognition and the basketball team was getting some glory and their teams weren't. say what you want, its true. so they had to make it rough on cook, so now they got Armstrong's wifes relative in here right before Armstrong went out of office just like things always happen in lc. it doesn't matter if he knows what hes doing or not. its never about the kids. they had dreams of going to state. this man is not the one to take them there. point blank. does anyone in the system care? NO. The new super is the only one I have seen that seems like he is really concerned about what happens to the kids but it is probably to late for this groups of boys. so all of you people get on here and act like you know whats going on and you know this and you know that. WHATEVER. You know nothing.
Baseball and football are King in LC. So they think. Don't step on those toes, or they are against you. It's a family thing. If you look at MC record now in Cooks first year, and look at his first year at LC with freshman the guy obviously knows how to coach, develope a program, communicate with kids, have them buy into TEAM first. But just to much jealousy in LC. Glad my kids are out of LC now. It's a hometown poison there. Don't drink the Kool-aid
RaisinBran Wrote:a true coach focuses on one sport. he could have been having open gym or doing something to improve his relationship with his players. you don't get a basketball coaching position and come in and start coaching volleyball. I don't care if you are helping your wife. that's just too much to focus on. focus on what you know and whats important. let me tell you what the real deal is or was. there were jealousy issues between other coaches last year and coach cook. they didn't like the fact that he was getting recognition and the basketball team was getting some glory and their teams weren't. say what you want, its true. so they had to make it rough on cook, so now they got Armstrong's wifes relative in here right before Armstrong went out of office just like things always happen in lc. it doesn't matter if he knows what hes doing or not. its never about the kids. they had dreams of going to state. this man is not the one to take them there. point blank. does anyone in the system care? NO. The new super is the only one I have seen that seems like he is really concerned about what happens to the kids but it is probably to late for this groups of boys. so all of you people get on here and act like you know whats going on and you know this and you know that. WHATEVER. You know nothing.

You do realize that Armstrong was already gone and this current super was in place and was part of the hiring process for the basketball coach, correct? I mean you said he's the only one in LC that has the kids first. If he didn't approve, why did he OK the hire?

And jealousy? Of what? District runner ups? Pretty sure football and baseball have had a lot more success than that to be jealous about. :biglmao: Remember, it is YOU that is bringing up the division of sports teams, not me. You certainly have an issue with it. There are other teams up and down the river that would love to have you as a fan. Maybe you should check them out?
FRANKtheTANK Wrote:He was never at weightlifting. He was never at open gym. Never took time
To build the needed relationships with the players. And they noticed.

And neither were four of the starters. They were at football practice all fall. So, you must be talking about building a bond with the bench players? And further, you are wrong. I know he was at open gyms and weights. Maybe not every day, but he was there more than not.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:And neither were four of the starters. They were at football practice all fall. So, you must be talking about building a bond with the bench players? And further, you are wrong. I know he was at open gyms and weights. Maybe not every day, but he was there more than not.

Why do you think they chose to play football? The ""super" coach was traveling to volleyball games so why shouldn't they play another sport as well? :flame:
Also what's wrong with building a bond with the bench? Are you trying to say they are not important players? He should only bond with the starters.....hilarious!
RaisinBran Wrote:Why do you think they chose to play football? The ""super" coach was traveling to volleyball games so why shouldn't they play another sport as well? :flame:

They chose to play football before he was hired. Quashes your point #1. And nothing about the new superintendent? He was there, he made the hire, yet the old super gets blamed for it. That's what is hilarious.

So you are saying that he shouldn't have helped with volleyball. If he hadn't helped with volleyball, he'd be a better coach now? :eyeroll:
Don't you guys realize that Dawgeers will argue with you till the end of time that grass is purple...
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:They chose to play football before he was hired. Quashes your point #1. And nothing about the new superintendent? He was there, he made the hire, yet the old super gets blamed for it. That's what is hilarious.

So you are saying that he shouldn't have helped with volleyball. If he hadn't helped with volleyball, he'd be a better coach now? :eyeroll:

He was hired before football started. Armstrong hired York and this is fact also! This is ridiculous so I'm not arguing anymore. Ive made my point. Just a word of wisdom to future players coming up. Either get out now or start demanding a new coach if you expect to have a chance! This team is almost back on miller time. :biglmao: