Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Central updates
samson81 Wrote:That's exactly what Central needed. It seems so far that if these teams play a clean game without mistakes, Belfry wins comfortably.

:thatsfunn
If they can erase a 26 point lead, 7 points is not a sweat. Belfry must be mistake free in the 2nd half, and finish all drives with a touchdown.
Belfry with 243 yards on the ground

Central with 27 rushing yards and 35 passing.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Cant let Central hang around. That fumble was huge and the penalty that stalled the Pirate drive. Those little mistakes are the difference in 21-0 and letting the ever dangerous Yellowjackets stick around.

Have to disagree a little bit. Central had about 10 penalties before Belfry ever had one. They were on the Belfry 21 and it ended up being 1st and about 48 after 3 or 4 straight penalties. Penalties hurt Central 5x more than Belfry. Still though Belfry is dominating and Central shouldn't even score any more points.
jetpilot Wrote:Have to disagree a little bit. Central had about 10 penalties before Belfry ever had one. They were on the Belfry 21 and it ended up being 1st and about 48 after 3 or 4 straight penalties. Penalties hurt Central 5x more than Belfry. Still though Belfry is dominating and Central shouldn't even score any more points.

Not disagreeing at all. The only difference is Central hasn't proven they can move the ball and most of their penalties came on top of each other when already backed up. Certainly hurt them a ton...but the Belfry penalty essentially killed a drive and took points off the board.
Hatfield with 134 in the 1st Half on the ground.
The Spread Wrote:If they can erase a 26 point lead, 7 points is not a sweat. Belfry must be mistake free in the 2nd half, and finish all drives with a touchdown.

We must not be watching the same game. This is Belfry, not Corbin. It would be nice for Belfry to put them away early, but Cental couldn't score 26 on Belfry's defense if they played 10 quarters. I look for Belfry to put them away in the 3rd and I'll be surprised if Central's offense scores.
jetpilot Wrote:We must not be watching the same game. This is Belfry, not Corbin. It would be nice for Belfry to put them away early, but Cental couldn't score 26 on Belfry's defense if they played 10 quarters. I look for Belfry to put them away in the 3rd and I'll be surprised if Central's offense scores.

Keep your jinxin mouth shut Big Grin Now Central will go off on offense. HAHA
You may be right jetpilot.... And I want Belfry to win this don't get me wrong. But we all know Scroggins WILL do something different in the 2nd half. Belfry is going to keep doing what they do. All comes down to Belfrys defense in this half. ALL I'm saying is don't rest your laurels on those first half stats. The game is only beginning....
^Pikeville fan here. Wouldn't give Belfry any credit that wasn't due haha...but you are right, they have 24 minutes left against a dangerous team with a great coach.
really like seeing these 2 in the championship before the next alignment befins. both havebeen the real powers of 3A in the recent alignment. central has to due something to give their qb some time. Belfry's 3-4 is smothering.
Score ??????????
14 - 7 Belfry

Pirates with the ball after a huge stop in the redzone
Lol, def not a Pikeville fan. Lived there 6 months and consider it the worst 6 months of my life! It's logic... Belfry relies on ground control and defense to win. It's no slight against Belfry or not giving them due credit. If you can't stop the run you will not beat them. Central on the other hand, only needs 1 touch to score. Just so many ways a good team can lose to them. Belfry will not change a thing from half 1 to half 2. central is going to try new things, as Belfry has proven to stop them so far.
The Spread Wrote:Lol, def not a Pikeville fan. Lived there 6 months and consider it the worst 6 months of my life! It's logic... Belfry relies on ground control and defense to win. It's no slight against Belfry or not giving them due credit. If you can't stop the run you will not beat them. Central on the other hand, only needs 1 touch to score. Just so many ways a good team can lose to them. Belfry will not change a thing from half 1 to half 2. central is going to try new things, as Belfry has proven to stop them so far.

You really have to have a lot of things going wrong for you at the same time to not enjoy living in Pikeville.:ChairHit:
Belfry better change their holding onto the football. Central is due to bust one.
End of 3
14-7 Still

Central still sitting in very dangerous position.
Belfry 14-7 end of 3rd.
Please fair catch a punt!

Belfry has given up probably 75 yards in field position on letting punts roll.
jetpilot Wrote:We must not be watching the same game. This is Belfry, not Corbin. It would be nice for Belfry to put them away early, but Cental couldn't score 26 on Belfry's defense if they played 10 quarters. I look for Belfry to put them away in the 3rd and I'll be surprised if Central's offense scores.

obviously not Corbin :biggrin:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Belfry better change their holding onto the football. Central is due to bust one.

You got that right.
Really going to miss watching Hatfield play.
1 more QTR and the title heads to Pond Creek. Belfry has done their job so far.
Central's punter has punted well. Just pinned Belfry deep.
[Image: http://masguild.com/images/STATE.png]

That boy is a beast
Centrals punting game has killed our field position.
Good thing our fullback has rattled the chains!!
Haywood playing pretty tight (not to lose football down the stretch. Hope the defense can hold them out.
WTF was that? Belfry gonna choke this one away. Jesus
We don't deserve to win.