•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2015
copperhead11 Wrote:whatever happened to the powers kid? He was such a talented player in middle school, then seemed disappear.

it was really sad what previous coaching staff did to the powers kid........he had loads of talent and he was never given the chance to run the ball. Actually seen him taken him out of a game when he didn't block for coaches son. True story......many will deny it but it happened. He was limited to defense basically throughout his hs career. He was a middle school all-american and he was never given a chance to do what he could do. His freshmen year i believe he was finally given a chance to run at bell county and i think he carried the ball maybe 5 times and had over 50 yds. Then he was basically done. Really good kid too.....played hard every night despite the circumstances surrounding him. Could have been game changer in many cases.
Copperhead11 Wrote:Whatever happened to the Powers kid? He was such a talented player in middle school, then seemed disappear.

Two year hold back that peaked in 8th grade.
The powers kid was a three year starter at mlb. He never really ran the ball because the old offensive staff had prerequisites to getting to run the ball at corbin. You had to spend your first year primarily blocking. Which was dumb imho. There are a lot of great tough runners who aren't great blockers. (Mike alstott) At the same time he was great in middle school because a lot of middle school kids don't like to tackle big physical runners, which he had in spades. But to say that he disappeared was imho just untrue. He played a good bit as a freshman, was the leader of the defense from his soph year on. This year he came on to run the ball in short yardage situations and scored a few touchdowns. He will be missed sorely next year as will the rest of the back seven on defense. I do think corbin will be okay though. Really looking forward to playing whitley. I wish corbin, whitley, and Williamsburg would start a three way series with a traveling trophy like army, navy, and Air Force do in college football for the commander in chief's trophy. That would be a LOT of fun.
Granny Bear Wrote:Hmmm...I didn't think you believed in feeder programs...

Confusedhh:

Where do you come up with this silly BS ? I said middle school wasnt playing in a high school game and you took it as I dont believe in feeder programs Confusedtare:
Lilly Wrote:pjdougie I have a scheduling suggestion. They need to get McCreary Central on there at least 4/5 times a year. That way maybe, just maybe they can get over .500.

and you should schedule shock treatment 4-5 times a year:biggrin:
I already get that. But seriously they should try to get a few give me games to pad that win loss column. That will give you all something to crow about for a few games.
Who wants to crow? Maybe they want to get better. That is the problem with most teams. Too much smoke blowing. That is why players very rarely make it at college level when the real world sets in. I have seen it many times, "Let's all make these boys feel like they are better than they are." College coaches are not going to pacify them.
Lilly Wrote:I already get that. But seriously they should try to get a few give me games to pad that win loss column. That will give you all something to crow about for a few games.

Have you even seen the schedule?

Corbin to open up? 11-2, Oh yeah that is a cupcake!!! Middlesboro? 5-5 a bit of down year last year. Bell County? 9-3, just terrible. West Jessamine, 1-9, but it is on the road. South Laurel 2-8 but getting better at the end of the seaon. and Leslie County, 8-3. Plus the district schedule. Five at home five on the road. If you don't have a chip on your shoulder you would see that is a pretty good schedule for a team that has one 5 games in the last two years. Maybe you should just go back to the bakery and work on your muffin top.
Flash154 Wrote:Who wants to crow? Maybe they want to get better. That is the problem with most teams. Too much smoke blowing. That is why players very rarely make it at college level when the real world sets in. I have seen it many times, "Let's all make these boys feel like they are better than they are." College coaches are not going to pacify them.

well said.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Have you even seen the schedule?

Corbin to open up? 11-2, Oh yeah that is a cupcake!!! Middlesboro? 5-5 a bit of down year last year. Bell County? 9-3, just terrible. West Jessamine, 1-9, but it is on the road. South Laurel 2-8 but getting better at the end of the seaon. and Leslie County, 8-3. Plus the district schedule. Five at home five on the road. If you don't have a chip on your shoulder you would see that is a pretty good schedule for a team that has one 5 games in the last two years. Maybe you should just go back to the bakery and work on your muffin top.

Confusednicker:
Who is going to coach the defense for the Colonels? is Dave Mitchell staying?

My point exactly genius. So now you are starting out with one win out of those teams( West Jessamine). Thats like Union College scheduling 5/6 D1 to start.....you will brag now, but when you all are 1-5 next year to start we will see whats being said.
Lilly Wrote:My point exactly genius. So now you are starting out with one win out of those teams( West Jessamine). Thats like Union College scheduling 5/6 D1 to start.....you will brag now, but when you all are 1-5 next year to start we will see whats being said.

Douche Troll. Meaning one who isnt good at it.
Lilly Wrote:My point exactly genius. So now you are starting out with one win out of those teams( West Jessamine). Thats like Union College scheduling 5/6 D1 to start.....you will brag now, but when you all are 1-5 next year to start we will see whats being said.
:gtfo:
Would you boys like to make a friendly wager about next year?
Lilly Wrote:Would you boys like to make a friendly wager about next year?

No!
Lilly Wrote:Would you boys like to make a friendly wager about next year?

I'll bet we wont be 1-5. Would you like to make a friendly wager boy?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Douche Troll. Meaning one who isnt good at it.

true story Confusednicker:
footballfever Wrote:I'll bet we wont be 1-5. Would you like to make a friendly wager boy?

is "it" a boy? lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Two year hold back that peaked in 8th grade.

Gut the ,powers Kid never got to peak. EVER, EVER, I have seen him run over an entire football team. should HAVE GONE DOWN WITH THE OTHER GREAT BACKS in the Corbin.
footballfever Wrote:I'll bet we wont be 1-5. Would you like to make a friendly wager boy?

I wonder if any of their players will transfer back :biggrin:
Have they signed any free agents or coaches?
Baiter....Weasel.....I will leave some other adjectives out for fear of banishment from the establishment.
topnotch Wrote:Gut the ,powers Kid never got to peak. EVER, EVER, I have seen him run over an entire football team. should HAVE GONE DOWN WITH THE OTHER GREAT BACKS in the Corbin.

I will never understand why he wasn't given an opportunity. He finished his high school career with less than 50 rushing attempts. Most of the great backs were given that many carries in 2 games. During his freshman and sophomore seasons when he was given an opportunity he shined, but then didn't touch the ball much after that.
Lilly Wrote:Baiter....Weasel.....I will leave some other adjectives out for fear of banishment from the establishment.

:gtfo:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I will never understand why he wasn't given an opportunity. He finished his high school career with less than 50 rushing attempts. Most of the great backs were given that many carries in 2 games. During his freshman and sophomore seasons when he was given an opportunity he shined, but then didn't touch the ball much after that.

maybe he was in the wrong political party :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote::gtfo:

Another classic from the legend pjdoug.
Top notch
Are you say the new staff didn't give him a chance to play? Powers kid

Glad to see schedule toughen up. That is the way Jim Black scheduled. Tough every year. But a few of the teams they have on schedule might have had a winning year, but check out who they beat. ( Leslie Co ) example
Lilly Wrote:Another classic from the legend pjdoug.

thanks for finally recognizing:biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next