•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2015
Ramcat77 Wrote:I agree with Jarons, Paintsville or Raceland should be the favorite to win the region over the next four years.

Fairview's cupboard is quickly growing bare and the fact that they couldn't field a middle school team makes one wonder how they plan to restock what they week lose in the future.
one thing is for sure the eagles should take notes on Williamsburg approach to the rams offense. stack the box and dare them to throw the football. that showed their true weakness...quarterback play. hopefully the coaches were watching because it was painfully obvious that rams cannot throw the football!!
scrappy coco Wrote:one thing is for sure the eagles should take notes on Williamsburg approach to the rams offense. stack the box and dare them to throw the football. that showed their true weakness...quarterback play. hopefully the coaches were watching because it was painfully obvious that rams cannot throw the football!!

the team that couldnt throw the ball completed 11/14 passes for 170 yards in their first meeting with the eagles. that was the the last game that we truly attempted to throw the ball consistently. i think we got out of synch in the passing game after that due to a lack of needing to throw the ball. idk what happened. Josh Young had a solid season. 1700 yds and 20+ TDs. It just fell apart from the Ironton game until the semis. Throws were off and when they were on, the recievers dropped them. Had we completed 3 of the passes, that were potentially home run-sure fire TD passes, the Wburg game looks alot different and Wburg loses the ability to stack the box. But it didnt go that way.
scrappy coco Wrote:one thing is for sure the eagles should take notes on Williamsburg approach to the rams offense. stack the box and dare them to throw the football. that showed their true weakness...quarterback play. hopefully the coaches were watching because it was painfully obvious that rams cannot throw the football!!

And who did Fairview play last Friday?
I will tend to agree somewhat with scrappy coco. Nothing about Fairview of course but, In the big games where our running game struggled We did not throw the ball well either. Fairview not being one of those games.
150 or so yards against Ashland and Coal Grove. The other big games were all after that. The District/Reg champ games we hardly threw the ball and Youg was only 2/12 against Fairview the 2nd time around. I strongly feel it was because the run game started clicking so well and we didnt need to pass. Problem is, if your not attempting and completing passes, you lose balance and teams can stack the box and play man and dare you to throw. I think your offense needs to stay consistent no matter what is working. We will probably be even more of a runnig offense next year. We will have to find some balance though, if not it will be much of the same in regaurds to finally making it to a title game.
I'm honestly not that worried about it. Raceland has a talented coaching staff that put together a great game plan for every game, even the games in which they lost. I believe they will take the lessons they've learned from this year and build from there.
Well is the answer to play a tougher schedule so that your offense has to remain balanced? Just throwing that out there.
I agree with Scotty in the sense that the playcalling needs to stay balanced, no matter what. I think that can be accomplished no matter what type of schedule you play, it just takes the discipline to stay balanced, it doesn't matter if you're running the ball down their throats or picking their DB's apart with the passing game.
i think so. Adding Valley OH and Russell should help. Sheldon Clark has been down for awhile but are supposed to get better again with what they have coming up through their feeder system. Id like to have seen us pick up a couple games with some NKY teams or Lex/Lou area teams instead of playing the Carter Co schools again. Like to see us schedule Corbin, Lex Christian, Prestonsburg, or 2 teams along those lines.
Every team needs a cupcake on the schedule. Can't go balls to the wall every week. Then Depth becomes an issue and if you are a class a School that could be a huge problem
i agree. the GC game should be more competitive as will our district match ups. I think Black wil get the starting QB job. He will be another dual threat QB. we could potentially go 10-0 in the regular season. But id say realistically 8-2/7-3. Possible losses to Ashland, Russell, and probable loss to Valley.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:i agree. the GC game should be more competitive as will our district match ups. I think Black wil get the starting QB job. He will be another dual threat QB. we could potentially go 10-0 in the regular season. But id say realistically 8-2/7-3. Possible losses to Ashland, Russell, and probable loss to Valley.

I'd like to see them give Christian a chance at QB. He can throw and imagine the backfield of Christian, Snyder, and Walker.... That's pretty scary
Wont lose to Valley, they graduate like 53 kids this year... exaggeration
Valley is always a top tier school in their division atleast for the Southern part of OH. I think Christian and Davidson (both have QB experience) could both do well. Damon has good natural ability at the position, good footwork and a pretty strong arm, but he has some work to do in regaurds of checking reads and taking what is available outside of his first read is. Snyder, Walker, Christian, and Davidson will all see alot of carries and if the passing game takes awhile to progress, it wouldnt shock me to see 2 or maybe even 3 1000 yard rushers next year. If we solidify the QB position and fill the wholes left in the secondary due to graduation, we will be hard to beat next year. its all a learning process, each year we seem to get a little better in all aspects of the game. This year was supposed to be a "rebuilding year". But I think when you have experience in either the skill group or on the LOS, you just reload at the other. We could potentially have our best few years of football ahead of us. Big game experience added on top of it all helps alot too.
FootballGuy Wrote:I'd like to see them give Christian a chance at QB. He can throw and imagine the backfield of Christian, Snyder, and Walker.... That's pretty scary

IMO, Carson would be a great QB. A double threat with the pass and the run. He's proven that he can run the ball and take the hard hits and I know that he throws a pretty pass. Very durable!!
Carson is a viable option IMO. But they would then find themselves looking for another QB in 2016. Te best option needs to be there though. I would just like to see the best option end up being the best option for the next 2 or 3 seasons. Black may very well end up needing to be the back up and another year as the JV starter to gain some more experience. IMO though, Damon will be under center next year. He is a hard worker and has natural ability. Either way, I think we will be in good hands.
I think Raceland will be really good next season. Walker, Snyder, and Christian make a great trio in the backfield. Wallace is a good lineman. I do think, though, that you all are underestimating the loss of Messer. The guy was a special player who made life easier on everyone else just by his sheer presence on the field. Raceland will do well, but the returning skill players' jobs are going to be a little harder because more focus will be on them.
They have a great QB coach in Grizzle. As well as having Adam Elkins to help out as well. I think you will see Grizzle have more and more of a hand in play calling as his time moves on at Raceland. He did a great job with the JV the last few years.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I think Raceland will be really good next season. Walker, Snyder, and Christian make a great trio in the backfield. Wallace is a good lineman. I do think, though, that you all are underestimating the loss of Messer. The guy was a special player who made life easier on everyone else just by his sheer presence on the field. Raceland will do well, but the returning skill players' jobs are going to be a little harder because more focus will be on them.

Believe me, no one is overlooking the loss of Messer. That type of athlete doesn't come by very often, maybe one every 20 years. But not everyone understands how good next years Sophs, Juniors, and Seniors really are. There are many excellent players that started JV that only people who attended those games know what these kids have done and can do.

Connor is the only player I've seen that is as talented as he is, sometimes I think he could have passed to himself.Lol!! He will definately be missed!!! Lucas Bradley will be a bigger loss than what people realize, a 2 yr starter at Center, great blocker and I could probably count his bad snaps on one hand.

But I have seen the younger guys play and I know that they will step up and do an excellent job.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Believe me, no one is overlooking the loss of Messer. That type of athlete doesn't come by very often, maybe one every 20 years. But not everyone understands how good next years Sophs, Juniors, and Seniors really are. There are many excellent players that started JV that only people who attended those games know what these kids have done and can do.

Connor is the only player I've seen that is as talented as he is, sometimes I think he could have passed to himself.Lol!! He will definately be missed!!! Lucas Bradley will be a bigger loss than what people realize, a 2 yr starter at Center, great blocker and I could probably count his bad snaps on one hand.

But I have seen the younger guys play and I know that they will step up and do an excellent job.

Boogie woogie who is recruiting him ?
Last I heard Connor had gotten an offer from South Carolina. For track and field, not football. Just wait until everyone sees what the next year's Frosh class brings to the table from their skill guys. There's possibly 2 Connor Messer type atheletes. Massive potential for those kids. Judd Adkins will be a Name at Raceland that for the next 4 years, will be a big time play maker.
That's great Scotty! I thought for sure someone would be recruiting him for football but a scholarship in anything is great. Good player for sure and best to him in track and field, that's pretty cool.
kid is an incredible pole vaulter something crazy near 15" i think. runs the 100m hurdle in 11 sec or something to. just an incredible athelete.

http://ky.milesplit.com/articles/130883-...-decathlon

my mistake 12.12 in the 100m i think his 110m hurdle was around 15sec. he had never thrown discuss before and threw a 136, which was good enough for 6th place at the youth indoor nationals. He is a great athelete but I think his meal ticket is in track and field.
he will be a big void to fill, even if only as a decoy.
TigerBlues Wrote:Boogie woogie who is recruiting him ?

Oregon for sure.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:The potential QB you're talking about hasn't played FB since 8th grade but was an exceptional QB then, will be a senior, and has been playing and excelling in both Baseball & Basketball. Correct?

If so, he is a very good athlete and plenty smart enough to learn the system. Not real fast on the hoof, but has a cannon of an arm with pin point accuracy. Could make the difference in adding another game at the end of next season.

Also, not very many people realize just how good next years Junior class really is. They were undefeated in 6th grade JFL, undefeated in 7th grade, undefeated in 8th grade until a loss to Butler Co. in the State Championship Game, undefeated on Frosh and JV teams as Freshmen. Probably makes them about 50-1 over that 4 year period. Several played big roles on Varsity last year and this year and a few really played awesome on JV this year.

Could be possible to have a GOOSE EGG in the Loss Column the next year or two!! I did say Possible not Probable. We will be playing some VERY GOOD TEAMS.
To be jrs lost 3 games in 6th grade. All to Greenup. East Carter Bowl and both games in regular season. After that year, they beat GC in some of the best battles ive been part of. Your correct that class is really good.
Raceland is the favorite in the east next year.
Idk about the favorite. We have to get out of our district first. I am really hoping that our Freshman class coming in can step up and make an impact in the secondary. 3 big wholes to fill with Messer at FS and Young/Dixon at the Corners all being lost to graduation.

I say that because of what Fairview returns in Roy, Washington, and possibly Brown. Im confident in our run defense AND rushing attack on offense being better. The queations will lie in the secondary, at QB, and at WR. If our secondary is week, we may be fighting tooth and nail to win our district. I like our chances on paper, but we will be youg in key positions again.
It just dawned on me, exactly who you all were talking about, when you mentioned a possible former player coming out for the team next year. I will be shocked if he does. He was GREAT in Jr High and had he stayed in football, probably would have ended up being the starter this year. A cannon for an arm, good vision in the pocket, natural ability to play the position really. Would love to see him come out, but its a long shot, imo. Whoever it is though, will have alot of the pressure of being a first year starting QB, relieved by a possible 3 headed monster in the backfield. Alot of coaches are predicting that Judd Adkins and the Lacks kid (who's first name escapes me)could both be a "bigger and stronger" version of Conner Messer. Which at this point, they are just a few steps behind in their speed, if you compare them to Conner as an 8th grader, I look for them to make an impact quickly on the defensive side of the ball. I think the DBs will be:
Austin Howard at CB
Carson Christian at SS
Nick Caldwell FS
Lacks/Adkins CB

Big things are expected out of that returning front 7 as well. You will have 6 Jrs and 1 Sr in that group. And 3 of the 7 will have had 2-3 years experience and the other 4 will have 1-2 years experience.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next