Poll: Who wins the first round 2nd class play off game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Middlesboro Yellow Jackets
30.77%
Prestonsburg Blackcats
69.23%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Prestonsburg First Round Class 2A Playoffs 11/7
Paul Crewe Wrote:Just got the news Barton finished for the year, two other seniors quit and two more under classmen hurt and will not play. I hope Barton continues his career at the next level, he can play.

If this isn't subterfuge, looks like we're going to see two shorthanded teams this Friday. Hope the injuries are all minor.

Two seniors quit now, just before the playoffs ?!? WOW !!
Why on earth would two young men put in all of the hours, sweat, and effort to quit just prior to the playoffs? I hope this is false for the sake of the players and the team.
The biggest drag on this P-burg team has been this 4 game road stretch at the end of the year. P-burg takes a big following on the road, but that's too many away from home.

After all those games away, there should be a BIG crowd ready to rock this Friday at Josh Francis Field !!

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I hope that is just a rumor about Barton and the other seniors the other post is right alot hard work to just quit before playoffs. But i heard two weeks ago that Barton wasnt coming back. I wish Middlesboro would make a good run in the playoffs along with Pineville and Bell co good luck to all the local teams.:flame:
Prestonsburg - 34

Middlesboro - 20
Paul Crewe Wrote:Just got the news Barton finished for the year, two other seniors quit and two more under classmen hurt and will not play. I hope Barton continues his career at the next level, he can play.
Unreal! Had heard one senior quit, don't know who. Sure didn't know the rest of this. Also heard Barton would be back. I guess my question is why would anyone quit coming into the playoffs???
taking middlesboro in this one
Number One Fan Wrote:Unreal! Had heard one senior quit, don't know who. Sure didn't know the rest of this. Also heard Barton would be back. I guess my question is why would anyone quit coming into the playoffs???

I agree!! Lots of blood sweat and tears invested in this kind of thing to just quit. Hope he's okay.
Hope the two who quit were not big cogs.
Cellking Wrote:Lot's of people selling Middlesboro Short. Any Team that can beat Bell Co. can beat anyone on a given night. I look for Middlesboro to surprise the Black Cats. Stung by a Yellow Jacket. 35-28.

This is a shadow of the team that beat Bell on a last second field goal. The wheels fell off a few weeks ago.
Middlesboro wins by 2 touchdowns. Jared Hoskins is this games deciding factor.
Middlesboros got a tough playoff run
Seth barton IS BACK IN BLACk
anyone know who quit?? Also I was wondering if someone could put a poll on this game??
Poll added.....I think.
Confusednicker:

Poll added.....I TRIED!!

I started to spell Prestonsburg incorrectly just to stroke the Blackcat fans out, but decided instead on being a good girl!
Granny Bear Wrote:Poll added.....I think.
Confusednicker:

Poll added.....I TRIED!!

I started to spell Prestonsburg incorrectly just to stroke the Blackcat fans out, but decided instead on being a good girl!

Good girl !! :1:
I don't know who to pick in this one. Everybody is hurt 'quiting or everybody is lying on this thread. I need 24 more hour to pick. :joystick:
64SUR Wrote:I don't know who to pick in this one. Everybody is hurt 'quiting or everybody is lying on this thread. I need 24 more hour to pick. :joystick:

Let me help you out 64.

Prestonsburg 31
Middlesboro 20
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Let me help you out 64.

Prestonsburg 31
Middlesboro 20
no sir... I'm sorry blackcat fan but not happening.. lol
Remember when I was argueing with all you Prestonsburg fans earlier in the year talking about this regional final when both our teams were number 5 and 6 in the mtns lol... How things changed lol.. This is still gonna be a fun football game..
Not sure if Barton is playing or not but Middlesboro did have 2 seniors quit not sure who it was think maybe a Wideout and Lineman.. Nothing Jackets can't overcome though..
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:no sir... I'm sorry blackcat fan but not happening.. lol
Remember when I was argueing with all you Prestonsburg fans earlier in the year talking about this regional final when both our teams were number 5 and 6 in the mtns lol... How things changed lol.. This is still gonna be a fun football game..
Not sure if Barton is playing or not but Middlesboro did have 2 seniors quit not sure who it was think maybe a Wideout and Lineman.. Nothing Jackets can't overcome though..

There is simply no argument you or anyone else can make that says Middlesboro is a better team than Prestonsburg. In all reality, Prestonsburg should be a 9-1 team with their only loss coming from a one point defeat by Pikeville. Take out the variables in Leslie game that Prestonsburg can't control, and they win that game by 2 or 3 scores. Then, turn around and add in the overall turmoil that is going on at Middlesboro(which was once again verified by two seniors quitting), and you're going to be lucky if Prestonsburg doesn't put up a running clock on Middlesboro. I think the players, coaches, and parents are all probably wishing this season would end for Middlesboro, and I don't see Prestonsburg's starters playing much of the second half.
Be a tough game I think
baseball1974 Wrote:There is simply no argument you or anyone else can make that says Middlesboro is a better team than Prestonsburg. In all reality, Prestonsburg should be a 9-1 team with their only loss coming from a one point defeat by Pikeville. Take out the variables in Leslie game that Prestonsburg can't control, and they win that game by 2 or 3 scores. Then, turn around and add in the overall turmoil that is going on at Middlesboro(which was once again verified by two seniors quitting), and you're going to be lucky if Prestonsburg doesn't put up a running clock on Middlesboro. I think the players, coaches, and parents are all probably wishing this season would end for Middlesboro, and I don't see Prestonsburg's starters playing much of the second half.
wow no way any of these first round games in this region will have a running clock besides maybe danville and betsy lane..
You can throw in all in the ifs and buts you want but this game has nothing to do with who beat who..
This is a tough matchup for Prestonsburg and I'm a Middlesboro fan I dont think none of us real fans wish this season would hurry and end you sir need to not jump to conclusions..
Who quit! Who didn't quit? Barton? I've heard everything!! I'm sure no Middlesboro fan, team or coach wants this over. Like I said earlier post and I'm being straight up, Middlesboro IS capable of winning this ballgame. I'm not sure if I posted this on the first thread or this one. Don't want anyone cussing me out, threatening me or accusing me of being someone who I am not. Let's go Jackets!
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:wow no way any of these first round games in this region will have a running clock besides maybe danville and betsy lane..
You can throw in all in the ifs and buts you want but this game has nothing to do with who beat who..
This is a tough matchup for Prestonsburg and I'm a Middlesboro fan I dont think none of us real fans wish this season would hurry and end you sir need to not jump to conclusions..

I agree it's not about who beat who because its a new season now. On paper, their both similar with Prestonsburg scoring a little more and giving up a little less per game, but all of the other variables will play huge roles in this. Their is a reason those players quit. There is probably some type of drama in the locker room, and that happens when people play out of position and freshman start playing more, and its obvious not everyone is buying in to the coach's way of doing things. Its impossible to win or expect a win when everyone is on a different page. They've had a disappointing season to say the least and all of that will show up on the field. On paper these two may be close, but in reality their miles apart. I don't look for a running clock, but if Middlesboro gets down a couple early then it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Number One Fan Wrote:Who quit! Who didn't quit? Barton? I've heard everything!! I'm sure no Middlesboro fan, team or coach wants this over. Like I said earlier post and I'm being straight up, Middlesboro IS capable of winning this ballgame. I'm not sure if I posted this on the first thread or this one. Don't want anyone cussing me out, threatening me or accusing me of being someone who I am not. Let's go Jackets!
Baseball 1974 has trolled on every Middlesboro board since the Bell game so nothing new here.. According to him we loss to Bell,Pikeville,Danville,LCA,Union,Somerset yeah we loss alot of those games but we beat Bell,Somerset.. Danville beat us by 13 points,LCA was competitive up until the 4th quarter when we fell apart, Union we led alot of that game should have won but didn't loss by a td.. I mean this Middlesboro team isn't as bad as everyone seems to think esp Baseball 1974 but for some reason he has it out for Middlesboro.. I wouldn't be surprised if Middlesboro,Danville,LCA,and Somerset all won their first round game he just goes by records and boom they automatically win but it doesn't work that way its about matchups and honestly I think Middlesboro played a much tougher schedule then Pburg..
Pittman and Barton is Middlesboro best weapons and if used right they could beat anyone.. If Barton comes back this week I really like Middlesboros chances alot.. Gotta have both of them in the backfield I mean Middlesboro did lose 3 of the 4 losses after Barton went down so we will see..
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Baseball 1974 has trolled on every Middlesboro board since the Bell game so nothing new here.. According to him we loss to Bell,Pikeville,Danville,LCA,Union,Somerset yeah we loss alot of those games but we beat Bell,Somerset.. Danville beat us by 13 points,LCA was competitive up until the 4th quarter when we fell apart, Union we led alot of that game should have won but didn't loss by a td.. I mean this Middlesboro team isn't as bad as everyone seems to think esp Baseball 1974 but for some reason he has it out for Middlesboro.. I wouldn't be surprised if Middlesboro,Danville,LCA,and Somerset all won their first round game he just goes by records and boom they automatically win but it doesn't work that way its about matchups and honestly I think Middlesboro played a much tougher schedule then Pburg..

This is a great example of your adolescent response every time someone puts you face to face with reality about your team, and this is why most people have even stopped responding to you. You did the same thing right up to the Pikeville game, and then had to eat all kinds of crow, but everyone was still respectful towards you after that. People are going to have different views from your own. Nothing I said is news to anyone. And you have no clue what you're even talking about because I've never looked at a record when deciding games. Most schedules are so weak its impossible to gauge teams based on that. I apologize if my opinion hurt your feelings, but coming on here and the 2a thread claiming Middlesboro is going to the final four is just not reality, buts its okay to have that opinion because you're supporting your team. Just understand not everybody sees things the same way. I wish Middlesboro luck. Their a strong eastern KY school with a great reputation, but this isn't their year.
baseball1974 Wrote:I agree it's not about who beat who because its a new season now. On paper, their both similar with Prestonsburg scoring a little more and giving up a little less per game, but all of the other variables will play huge roles in this. Their is a reason those players quit. There is probably some type of drama in the locker room, and that happens when people play out of position and freshman start playing more, and its obvious not everyone is buying in to the coach's way of doing things. Its impossible to win or expect a win when everyone is on a different page. They've had a disappointing season to say the least and all of that will show up on the field. On paper these two may be close, but in reality their miles apart. I don't look for a running clock, but if Middlesboro gets down a couple early then it wouldn't surprise me at all.
This is some of the same stuff I said all along. How come you don't get accused of being someone's mother?? Haha. I just go on what I hear from the community and some who work in the system. I've watched every game except for a couple. But your right, if Middlesboro gets down a couple, it's over. Still gonna take the Jackets. I do think they are capable of winning.
Barton will not play rest of year. Senior that quit didn't play, except on mop up duties.
64SUR Wrote:Dang I don't remember who I pick Confusederiously:

I cant be sure.