Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Vs. Hazard
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Like break what kind of records???
Go to a 6-2 and find out.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I am saying a 6 is better than a 4! I would make Pikeville beat me in the air!
Not many teams out there that can force Pikeville to the air regardless of defensive scheme.
Not to sound cocky or anything, but Pikeville hasn't really been forced into the pass offense all year, I mean their basic unit of running had been stopped but they just went to more complicated trick run plays with an occasional pass play
Pikeville is deffinatley a running team though, always have been and always will be......well except in 99'
but hey, you work with what you got lol
Go Hazard!!!
i see many posts that questions pikevilles focus......IMO the past few games they have been nothing but. They realize it works to so they are buying in. i look for the panthers to remained focused and determined to keep the fire burning
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I am saying a 6 is better than a 4! I would make Pikeville beat me in the air!

I was at the first Hazard/Pikeville game and this is what I remember...

They DID play a 6-2 the first time. Pikeville still rushed for nearly 400 yards. (Pikeville's offense has seen 8-9 in the box in EVERY game other than Belfry all year, has a VERY predictable offense, and still has over 2500 rushing yards).

Hazard used four down-linemen with the "OLB's" walked up to the line of scrimmage. Their Inside LB's were within 3 yards from the LOS every play and seemed to be blitzing a gap on many of those plays -- apparently to stop the Panthers from running inside.

So Pikeville went outside and had a lot of success early.

To stop this, I noticed Hazard start bringing a CORNER BLITZ from the wide side of the field.

Pikeville then had Harmon throw a halfback pass/quick screen to the Split End putting the corner out of position to make the play and leaving it to the Safety to come over from the middle of the field.

So essentially, they had EIGHT in the box every play, and occassionally brought the corner to give them NINE in the box. Pikeville still rushed for almost 400 yards.

From high in the stands, I could tell that Jenkins also ran a 6-2. It's hard to tell from up there, but I think they were choosing to put their DL in gaps, and brought their safety up to within 7 yards of the LOS and came hard after the snap. Pikeville ran for 177 yards on 21 running plays through the 3rd quarter -- when the JV went in. They rushed for almost 8 yards per run-play against virtually 9 in the box.

Given that, plus the fact that Tim Honaker seems to be getting better at the passing game, plus the fact that Harmon can even be a threat to throw if Hazard "sells out," plus the fact that Paintsville had pretty good success running against them at their place, I wonder what Hazard will do defensively this time?
^^^Good post. When you throw in how good Pikeville's D is playing, and how Olinger accounted for almost ALL of Hazard's offense vs. Paintsville, Pikeville's D will really get after and punish Olinger from start to finish. I expect Hazard to put up a better fight, but if the Panthers are fired up they should take this game.
olinger will have to run better , and i think that he will coming off of that game against paintsville . Im sure hazard will have a better game plan this time around
Hazard... i always go with the underdoggs..
GridironGang1 Wrote:olinger will have to run better , and i think that he will coming off of that game against paintsville . Im sure hazard will have a better game plan this time around

Doesn't matter what their game plan is, they are just not good enough to stop Pikeville's offense. They will have some success moving the ball, but one or two TDs tops. If Pikeville's special teams play well, and they hold onto the football, they are a much better team than Hazard, pure and simple. Playing at Pikeville, where Hazard has never won, makes it even tougher on the Bulldogs.
Hazard 6 turnovers-Pikeville 4 turnovers
finaL score 42-6
Sounds about right for the rematch as well. But I'll also give some credit to Hazard for the way they battled back against Paintsville. But the Panthers have been extremely focused as of late and I see nothing less from the Panthers. Does anyone know how many unsportsmanlike penalties Hazrd had during the Paintsville game? I heard they ran their mouths alot. I even heard that a fan from Hazard spit on Daniel Pugh, anybody else heard this?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I hope Pikeville cleans the turf with the Dawgs!
But you're trying to give hazard some pointers, so I dont see how you're a Pikeville fan.
I don't think his pointers will help. First they did play a 6 and that didn't work. They also played a 4 and that didn't work either. I know that PB5 isn't a Pikeville fan but they are classy for rooting for them.
Pikeville beat them once already,they will do it again
fballfan07 Wrote:But you're trying to give hazard some pointers, so I dont see how you're a Pikeville fan.
I actually could care less. But if I had my pick, I would want Pikeville to win! And to whoever watched Hazard and said they ran a 6-2..YOU ARE WRONG! I have the game film! Why don't you ask some Hazard fans/players what they ran!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I actually could care less. But if I had my pick, I would want Pikeville to win! And to whoever watched Hazard and said they ran a 6-2..YOU ARE WRONG! I have the game film! Why don't you ask some Hazard fans/players what they ran!

You need to read post 36 again, it's all you need to know. Anyways, I don't care if Hazard runs a 11-7, they are not going to stop Pikeville.
jetpilot Wrote:You need to read post 36 again, it's all you need to know. Anyways, I don't care if Hazard runs a 11-7, they are not going to stop Pikeville.

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn

Personally, I think this is a VERY DANGEROUS game for Pikeville...
Won in the Trenches Wrote::thatsfunn :thatsfunn

Personally, I think this is a VERY DANGEROUS game for Pikeville...

I agree with you. If Pikeville comes out overconfident and/or flat, they could LOSE.
Well, maybe those close to the Pikeville program (2 above) should not let that happen!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I actually could care less. But if I had my pick, I would want Pikeville to win! And to whoever watched Hazard and said they ran a 6-2..YOU ARE WRONG! I have the game film! Why don't you ask some Hazard fans/players what they ran!
They ran a 4-3 and 4-4 the whole night
I think Hazard should run a 5-3, that should help with the run with the extra linebacker coming up to stick them.
All-American Lineman Wrote:I think Hazard should run a 5-3, that should help with the run with the extra linebacker coming up to stick them.

Hazard's linebackers came up last time!!! Most poeple already know this. Why are the others not reading post 36???
jetpilot Wrote:Hazard's linebackers came up last time!!! Most poeple already know this. Why are the others not reading post 36???
I watched you film myself I was just saying hazard had a 4 front with OLBs a yard or 2 off the line of scrimmage like ends, but me personally I think that the 5-3 will work until Pikeville starts hitting the outside. Pikeville will win though, but I'm just trying to help Hazard out.
^^You should hope Pikeville goes all the way, then you can say you lost to the state champs by one score.
jetpilot Wrote:^^You should hope Pikeville goes all the way, then you can say you lost to the state champs by one score.

why say this.. he said he hoped pikeville win.. jus givin his oppinion..
who cares, WOW pikeville beat jenkins, ok.. and pikeville dont have a chance to make it all the way..
All-American Lineman Wrote:They ran a 4-3 and 4-4 the whole night
And stepped up the linebackers making it a 6-front.
All_state_RB#1 Wrote:why say this.. he said he hoped pikeville win.. jus givin his oppinion..
who cares, WOW pikeville beat jenkins, ok.. and pikeville dont have a chance to make it all the way..

Since you thought Jenkins would beat Pikeville, I love your prediction.
Guess we shall just wait then huh jetpilot! See if your ALLMIGHTY PANTHERS go to the big Pizza Box!
Let's stay on topic!
If you want to call someone out personally, do it in a private message.
I don't see how this is calling anyone out..And calling them out to what? I said I guess we will just have to wait, not seeing where you are going on this one at all..It was a statement that nothing negative was said!