Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
80.77%
Fairview
19.23%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Fairview 10/17
Raceland has this one by three touchdowns at least.
Wow this thread is really freaking quiet. Nice change of pace. Looking foward to the anual clash on Friday.
because raceland has nothing to whine about with the mccheats gone to GA.....devil went down to Georgia Charlie daniels band:welcome:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Wow this thread is really freaking quiet. Nice change of pace. Looking foward to the anual clash on Friday.

Are you trying to bait me?
scrappy coco Wrote:because raceland has nothing to whine about with the mccheats gone to GA.....devil went down to Georgia Charlie daniels band:welcome:

:please::please::please::please::please:

you sir are unprofessional
Clint Westwood Wrote:Are you trying to bait me?

Really just checking for everyone's pulse lol. I like the quiet times. These thread have always gotten ot of hand, primarily with trolls and thread jackers. Lets try something constructive. What does everyone think will be the deciding factor in this ball game? Who is the key player in all of it?

I say its Roy. Fairview will only due as well as he does. If Raceland shuts down the screen/intermediate passing game, Raceland wins in a landslide. If not, Fairview fan make a game out of it. Fairviews lack of a consistent run game will keep Raceland from having to run blitz schemes to fill gaps. Lots of short zone defense+really good LB play, imo, will shut the Eagles down.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Really just checking for everyone's pulse lol. I like the quiet times. These thread have always gotten ot of hand, primarily with trolls and thread jackers. Lets try something constructive. What does everyone think will be the deciding factor in this ball game? Who is the key player in all of it?

I say its Roy. Fairview will only due as well as he does. If Raceland shuts down the screen/intermediate passing game, Raceland wins in a landslide. If not, Fairview fan make a game out of it. Fairviews lack of a consistent run game will keep Raceland from having to run blitz schemes to fill gaps. Lots of short zone defense+really good LB play, imo, will shut the Eagles down.

Thanks for the condescending jabs !:Thumbs:

You are putting a lot on Roy's back. If we have a major let down on defense then this game could turn ugly really fast. IMO Roy is the best QB in the area and Blake Smith is so underrated. Will be packed rain or shine. Trolls and thread jackers? Atleast Patch and myself own up to that unlike you who loves to stir the pot. Great classic post SB!
I like to fly under the radar and garnish my jabs with polite sprinkles and sugar coated candies. Lol. Without a doubt, Roy has proven himself to be the best pure passer in the area and I agree that Smith and Washington are over shadowed by Messer and Dixon, which may be a bit unfair. Messer's numbers reflect teams doing all they can to take him out of the game. To our advatage though, there's not much of a drop of to our number 2, 3, or 4 reciever, other than maybe a little less speed.

I also agree that this game will really boil down to Fairview's defense vs Raceland's offense. Raceland will score, the key to shaking us up is getting i Youg's face and taking away his running lanes. If you go right at him and he finds a crease, he turns into a very good RB. The key is coverage down field(not easy against our wr) and good pressure upfront(our ol isnt big but they protect well). So its going to put alot of pressure on the defensive unit as well. Cant wait for te next installment of this annual district battle.
scrappy coco Wrote:because raceland has nothing to whine about with the mccheats gone to GA.....devil went down to Georgia Charlie daniels band:welcome:

I don't think it made any difference because they were still there last year and the eagles still got their butts handed to them.:lame:
Is the King boy back for this one?
Clint Westwood Wrote:Thanks for the condescending jabs !:Thumbs:

You are putting a lot on Roy's back. If we have a major let down on defense then this game could turn ugly really fast. IMO Roy is the best QB in the area and Blake Smith is so underrated. Will be packed rain or shine. Trolls and thread jackers? Atleast Patch and myself own up to that unlike you who loves to stir the pot. Great classic post SB!

You are 100% about one thing, Roy is the best QB around here, really looking forward to seeing where he ends up going to college. Some guys from around here have had great stats like him, but he also the physical attributes to adjust to the next level.
I heard that he should be
No contest Raceland by 4 Td 35 to 7
Slic Ric Wrote:I don't think it made any difference because they were still there last year and the eagles still got their butts handed to them.:lame:

Don't understand why people still bring up Nate and Garry must be people that have no life and are miserable. They both recovered nicely and I talk to Nate on a weekly basis and loves it where it is and looks forward to being a head coach again or go into college coaching.#lame:lame::lame:
Gargamel Wrote:Is the King boy back for this one?

King is back with the team , but may not have enough practices in to play Friday night
Can't wait to be in Westwild Friday. I may hunt up Brent deadwood and put a couple of knots on his head!!
Another big time rivalry that you throw out records and stats. I think Airview upsets the district cart at home.
NASCAR Wrote:Don't understand why people still bring up Nate and Garry must be people that have no life and are miserable. They both recovered nicely and I talk to Nate on a weekly basis and loves it where it is and looks forward to being a head coach again or go into college coaching.#lame:lame::lame:

I wasn't the one who brought it up to begin with...reread the posts. I simply stated it had no bearing on the outcome because Raceland won convincingly. Get a grip...Confusederiously:
Raceland 38

Fairview 17
King will have to have 10 practices wouldn't he??
:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Slic Ric Wrote:I wasn't the one who brought it up to begin with...reread the posts. I simply stated it had no bearing on the outcome because Raceland won convincingly. Get a grip...Confusederiously:
Who is the better trio.. Roy/Smith/Washington or Young/Messer/Dixon?
roy/smith/Washington..without doubt
Fairview just got better with the addition of king.rb/wr/db. will not play against raceland but will be eligible for eagles playoff run:Clap:
what a feeling to have again this great rivalry back where it should be. no khsaa investigations. no hunington highlander talk. and no mccheats around. just plain ol football. nothing else
Seems like smith and Washington are always around the ball making plays. If I'm not mistaken, the two of them and Roy have been leading 1A in the state with yards.
I agree scrappy...did i just actualky make that comment?

Lol in all seriousness, it is nice to have it back to the days of old.

In regaurds to who the best trio is, Id have to go with Roy/Smith/Washington bc of Roy being a pure QBs and Recievers. But as all around football players i go with Young and Co
:QUOTE=scrappy coco;1815521]what a feeling to have again this great rivalry back where it should be. no khsaa investigations. no hunington highlander talk. and no mccheats around. just plain ol football. nothing else[/QUOTE]

:please::please::please::please::please::please:
:lame::lame::lame::lame::lame::lame:

Make you feel better I suppose, still investigation going on with OEA over Mr. Musick and the board. Also, King coming back Huntington player, Washington Huntington player, shall I go on? It's no big deal to me but find it funny scrappy do
:beavis:
Messer by himself is better than Roy/Washington/Smith. Smith wouldn't even start for Raceland. Washington prob play WR but that's it. Roy has better arm but Raceland uses a running qb, Young is much better runner especially between the tackles and that's what Raceland asks their qb to do.
Like I said, I'll take Messer over anybody on Fairviews roster. Prob anybody in area besides maybe Baker and that's a close one.
You're telling me smith wouldn't start? Youre nuts. He would fill Potter's spot. And how can you take one player over three when Washington/smith/Roy have been tearing it up this year?