Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
100.00%
Lutheran East
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lutheran East(Cleveland Heights,OH) @ Johnson Central 10/3
Diogenes Wrote:As has been stated, we want teams that will sign two year contracts. There's absolutely no reason to play a team that won't return the favor and come to EKY. This year's schedule includes Fairland (defending Ohio conference champs, returning all-state honorable mention QB), and teams in the second year of two year contracts that both were expected to be better (Harlan and Perry Co). Mastery Charter North probably had the most raw athletic talent we will see all year. Belfry is a defending state champion. Ashland is in our district, as all Boyd and Greenup and Rowan. We scrambled to find this week's game. As stated, Ironton dropped us for this season. Please also keep in mind we replaced our ENTIRE starting offensive backfield this season, so playing Trinity and Moeller every game is probably not in our best interests this season. Our fans and parents want to be able to see our kids play their fair share game at homes. Perhaps parents at more affluent schools love making five hour road trips to see their kids every week, but for a lot of Johnson Countians, that's just not feasible.

I love how you guys try to put a different spin on the out of state competition. Yes they was division champs out of a 6 team division (2-4) out of division and 0-5 this year with 3 running clocks put on them. Confusednicker:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I love how you guys try to put a different spin on the out of state competition. Yes they was division champs out of a 6 team division (2-4) out of division and 0-5 this year with 3 running clocks put on them. Confusednicker:

They returned a QB who threw for over 2000 yards last season. In theory that should help you prepare for passing offenses down the road.

Again, we'd love to toughen up our schedule with some local competition...unless you're going to argue we should be playing better schools, in which case you're admitting Fairland is a better opponent than the...ahem...local competition.
Diogenes Wrote:They returned a QB who threw for over 2000 yards last season. In theory that should help you prepare for passing offenses down the road.

Again, we'd love to toughen up our schedule with some local competition...unless you're going to argue we should be playing better schools, in which case you're admitting Fairland is a better opponent than the...ahem...local competition.

Right back to looking for 1A and 2A teams. That's where it always goes. Playing UP in class or even your own class doesn't even register. That's how you get stuck with a schedule that isn't near as tough as 1A Pikeville's, and no one downstate takes your program seriously. I know most people agree with me, JC wants so bad to beat Prestonsburg and Pikeville and be the official big dog of US 23, that they hurt their chances of getting their program to the next level. Once again, that is the perception by everyone except a few JC fans.
Diogenes Wrote:As has been stated, we want teams that will sign two year contracts.

I completely understand...but at the same time JC has to look out for the greater good.

Their goal is to win a State Title... and right now the schedule they are being forced to put together isn't getting them prepared for that goal.

I completely empathize with JC and I understand where their frustrations come from...but at some point you have to realize A) It isn't working B) It isn't getting any better

Maybe it's time JC just bit the bullet and started doing some one year deals and stopped expecting a home and home?

Going Back to 08 these are the "abnormal" non-district games

14 Fairland, OH @ JC
14 Mastery Charter, PA @ JC
14 Lutheran East, OH @ JC
13 Holy Trinity, ON @ JC
13 Noblesville, IN @ JC
13 @ Ironton, OH
12 Hayesville, NC @ JC
12 Logan, WV @ JC
12 Ironton, OH @ JC
11 St Thomas More, ON @ JC
11 Heath @ JC
11 @ Logan, WV
10 Cooper @ JC (We will come back to these seasons)
10 Boyle Co @ JC
09 Horn Lake, MS @ JC
09 @ Boyle County

08 St. Thomas More, ON @ JC

17 games. 14 Home. 3 Away.

It's clear JC isn't finding Home and Homes anyway.. of that list only Boyle County, Ironton, and Logan were Home and Home Series. Ironically the source of all 3 of the away games in that stretch. What the list suggests is Johnson Central is far more concerned with finding a one year Home Game against whoever agrees to come instead of being open to travelling for stiffer competition. JC had 11 one year contracts...all of which were played at JC.

If JC wants the extra home game by all means take it. With that said, they essentially played two unique non-district games every year so use your second one to travel on a one year deal and play a better team. Play your Mastery Charters or St. Thomas Mores at home... but use your other game to travel to LaSalle...to travel to Alcoa... to travel to Manual.

2009 and 2010 are telling years to me. As I looked through their schedules those were the two strongest years I recall for JC scheduling non-district foes. It is no coincidence that JC went on to defeat CovCath both of these seasons in the playoff.
Diogenes Wrote:They returned a QB who threw for over 2000 yards last season. In theory that should help you prepare for passing offenses down the road.

I never said that at all. I was simply pointing out the fact how you try and make these out of state teams you are playing sound like world beaters when in fact they are not.
Ppl forget when jj Jude was there the ball
Coach ran up the score to get yardage and rubbed some teams the wrong way and I believe that got around. I disagree trying to kick 63 yd Fg on 2nd downs or calling time outs up 30 with 20 seconds to go before half
Eagleland Wrote:Ppl forget when jj Jude was there the ball
Coach ran up the score to get yardage and rubbed some teams the wrong way and I believe that got around. I disagree trying to kick 63 yd Fg on 2nd downs or calling time outs up 30 with 20 seconds to go before half
Man you're not fooling anybody so shut your mouth and quit being a little pansy making your cheep shots at our program while hiding behind a user name. If your so concerned about the way our program is ran or who's on our schedule just stop by practice and discuss it with our coach.
One way or the other just be a man and not a little punk hiding behind a user name. You have yet to make one productive post about our program so you're not a true fan. You obviously have a hidden agenda to stir crap up and there's no doubt you're a spineless coward,so shut your mouth.
It's no secret to true JC fans who I am on here so if you would like to discuss it with me I'd be thrilled to but I'd say you will continue to hide behind your screen name like a little punk.
What's puzzling to me is why do fans from Belfry, Pikeville, and Prestonsburg care who is on Johnson Central's schedule? Here is something you message board scheduling guru's probably don't know. Fairland,Mastery Charter, and the original team scheduled for week 6 all contacted Johnson Central about playing this year after the open weeks were posted on the Ohio High School Athletic Association site. Weeks 2 and 3 are also posted on that site for next year. An email was also posted on the list serve about three weeks ago for those dates.
All this talk about JC running up the score is coming from people who don't come to the games....

JC does score a lot of points.... but they are not all scored by the varsity. If the JV and freshman can score on other teams varsity squads, there's not a coach in their right mind that will tell a kid to not try their hardest when they get in the game.

And if these people who post about JC running up the score would come to the games.... they would know the score could be 100-0.... and I'm not even joking.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Eagleland Wrote:Ppl forget when jj Jude was there the ball

Coach Booth Wrote:Man you're not fooling anybody so shut your mouth and quit being a little pansy making your cheep shots at our program while hiding behind a user name. If your so concerned about the way our program is ran or who's on our schedule just stop by practice and discuss it with our coach.
One way or the other just be a man and not a little punk hiding behind a user name. You have yet to make one productive post about our program so you're not a true fan. You obviously have a hidden agenda to stir crap up and there's no doubt you're a spineless coward,so shut your mouth.
It's no secret to true JC fans who I am on here so if you would like to discuss it with me I'd be thrilled to but I'd say you will continue to hide behind your screen name like a little punk.

Don't forget the excellent use of spelling and grammar.
Diogenes Wrote:I don't believe it's unreasonable to ask a team to come to your field if you're willing to go to theirs. That provides you with a stable two-year scheduling pattern and ensure you have a home schedule you can count on. We've shown we're willing to take a three hour trip to Harlan County for a school that's willing to return the favor. But to be expected to go on the road with no guaranteed return game leaves you in the same position the next season, struggling to fill the home games on your schedule.

Agree, it's NOT unreasonable...unless you're a 5A school with no other non-district school of comparable size in a 2 hour drive radius.

The point I was trying to make is...if Central schedules a few 1yr away only games against opponents like Ballard, Butler, etc (not a Trinity or X, mind you) and they're good games, other teams will start coming to YOU for home/away games. JC needs to get their name out there and show games with them could be excellent to schedule.

But there's no denying, it requires a stretch of time where Central travels some miles...

:popcorn:
Coach Booth Wrote:What's puzzling to me is why do fans from Belfry, Pikeville, and Prestonsburg care who is on Johnson Central's schedule?

It's simple. The fans of those 3 schools are hard-core EKY football fans. Collectively, we'd really enjoy seeing the Eagles play for a 4A State Title and we're all doubting it's gonna happen with the way Central has been going at it.

:eyeroll:
oneijoe Wrote:It's simple. The fans of those 3 schools are hard-core EKY football fans. Collectively, we'd really enjoy seeing the Eagles play for a 5A State Title and we're all doubting it's gonna happen with the way Central has been going at it.

:eyeroll:

Nope it sure won't, because we are not a 5Aschool
MR. Slate Wrote:Nope it sure won't, because we are not a 5Aschool

Oops... 4A. My point remains, however.
Playing better competition will make your team better....

But when you have the trouble JC is having getting teams to play, anything is better than nothing.

[Image: http://sethdcohen.com/wp-content/uploads...bvious.jpg]
^And yet plenty of teams a lot better than JC figure out a way to have a full, quality schedule. :yawn:
jetpilot Wrote:^And yet plenty of teams a lot better than JC figure out a way to have a full, quality schedule. :yawn:

Listen man, have your team either step up or STFU about our competition. One or the other. Sorry we can't be Pikeville and have teams in droves lining up to play us. Not every team has a 2-3 hour drive to play an oponent that will test them. For other schools, if you can get a high level game across town, why would you travel all the way to BFE to play JC? The only team close by for us, other than district foe Ashland, is Belfry and they are already on our schedule. School budgets are tight and we cannot shell out $4-5 grand a week to take two buses halfway across the state while providing 2 meals to 60 players each Friday night. Weeks 2 and 3 are open next year. Looking for 2 year deals, one must be home and the other away next season.
jetpilot Wrote:^And yet plenty of teams a lot better than JC figure out a way to have a full, quality schedule. :yawn:

Name one good team in Eastern Ky that does?
Belfry has to play 2 out state teams and play on road back to back at SW.
Belfry has help getting one game in the Pike County. They still have to play usually a give me game against 1 or 2 teams. Not sure but I believe Belfry had beaten Pikeville 14 straight times. Would that not be consider a give me game?
Location and having a very good physical team kills their schedule
With that said they could still play some better teams but I think their coach is afraid too

Didn't thy pay some pathetic canada team to come play
Has JC contacted Mason County, Pike Central, Knox County, Rockcastle, Perry Central? Madison Southern, Madison Central, North Laurel. All would be competitive series.
former Wrote:Didn't thy pay some pathetic canada team to come play

Big Sandy RECC brings in the team for their annual bowl game that JC plays in.
E's Army Wrote:Has JC contacted Mason County, Pike Central, Knox County, Rockcastle, Perry Central? Madison Southern, Madison Central, North Laurel. All would be competitive series.

Mason-Yes
Knox-Played previously but they are on hard times now
Perry Central-Drilled them already
Madison Southern-One trick pony

Pike Central, Rockcastle, Madison Central and North Laurel, c'mon man. We about had Lexington Catholic for a 2 year deal but they called and crushed that because they didn't want to play us before they play Boyle.
I'd like to see JC play Belfry, Knox, Bell, and Harlan in the same season before district.
I know Knox talked back and forth about playing JC in week 0 but things never panned out. Would have loved to see that game.
E's Army Wrote:Has JC contacted Mason County, Pike Central, Knox County, Rockcastle, Perry Central? Madison Southern, Madison Central, North Laurel. All would be competitive series.

All with the exception of Madison. They will be in our Region next year.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:I'd like to see JC play Belfry, Knox, Bell, and Harlan in the same season before district.

I would like that schedule also. However I would hate the travel.
Central must be doing something wright to get all this negative attention.
Johnson Co weak schedule will do them no favors in the playoffs once a again. After being in the fort Friday night watching CC get manhandled by the bluebirds I'm certain CC can take JC behind the woodshed again this year. It amazes me that JC can convince teams like these to come play but yet can't land better competition.
why I feel the sore ego's may be playing a part in this that is unfortunate. Too many people whining about JC and how they run up the score. I remember Shawn Grimms senior year they put it on us pretty good at Putnam. And our kids remembered that got better and played them to a one point game the next year that outside of a crazy hail Mary from the backup QB to the starting QB Ashland would have won that ball game. So point being yes JC could schedule better games. But I remember not too long age Pikeville and Lawrence both traveled to Ashland Pikeville both games at Ashland but they would not play a much closer and fellow mountain school Johnson Central. So if your team refuses to play then you cannot bash the eagles for there schedule.
Quess the teams
Team A 4-1. Opponents total records 31-18
Team B 5-0. Opponents 15-32
Team C 3-2 opponents. 23-31
Team D 5-0 opponents 27-26
Team E 2-3 opponents 37-23
Team F 4-1 opponents 21-28
Team G 6-0 opponents 28-27