Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lawrence county @ sheldon clark
This is a district game right?
Lawrence by 8
Yes this is a district game.
V erry, very ,, good post 74. Agree. With every thing you said.
Do-double-gg Wrote:"I'm sorry", On the 2nd Raceland drive we got punched in the mouth. I guess that 1st drive got lost in all the confusion of all that great football that was being played out there. Are you going to brag about one stop and score we got on Raceland in the 1'st possession of the game when a team is usually just feeling a team out. What went wrong in the other 99% of the game?
Just saying if you want to be taking seriously on here get your facts straight.
baseball1974 Wrote:From the film I got to see(wasn't great quality) it looked like a situation of one team having a game plan and executing it against a team that was unprepared for anything that was thrown at them? Just my opinion, but I seen good athletes on both sides of the field. Raceland's defensive backfield seemed much more on-point, but both squads had as much talent as the other. I think last year's Raceland squad might have been more talented than this years?

When you generally have two teams that are similar, the game is won from the work the coaches and players put into game film. Studying your opponents and finding ways to exploit their weaknesses is how games are won. Going through hours of the opponents game film and getting to a point where your defense knows every formation, motions, and what plays on what downage is how your defense gains confidence. They know their ready for anything that's thrown at them because they feel like they know their opponent better than they know themselves. How well coaches are at this is usually what separates dominant programs from teams that flair up every so often. Relying on talent will only get you so far and you will only be successful when that talent comes. However, if you know you're the smartest team on the field every week then you start to build dominance year after year. Knowing how to highlight your strengths and knowing how to exploit weaknesses is how coaches gain longevity.
This game was lost when LC went for a 4th down and long from midfield and the game tied very early. Had LC punted, Raceland would start from at least the 20 not from midfield and with momentum. Raceland intercepted and proceeded to score. LC then fumbled on the next posession and Raceland scored again. Now up 2 scores the Rams can play loose and fast. LC continues to try to run, no hurry up offense, no short yardage passes behind the LB's, who were crowding the line, to back them up, no adjustment what so ever. LC has as good a team as Raceland but the coaching staff for whatever reason, did not adjust. For this game with Sheldon Clark, I look for a close game early but LC pulling it out. A lot of variables in this game, fall break, Thursday game, long time rivalary etc. LC needs to work on short yardage passes, no penalities, hurry up offense, wrapping up, etc.
Double gg I am supporter of lawrance county high school. The only connection I have to anythig to do with lawrance county high school is my son plays on several of the sports teams. I know several of the kids on the teams a lot of them come to our home on a regular basis. During the season I support the dawgs that includes players, coaches, cheerleaders, the people in the conssions stand, the radio and p.a. announcers. They are all there to support our kids. And yes I am thinkful that my son has coaches like cecil, woods, prince, feltner, holt, short. These are good men that have the best interests of the kids at heart. Do I agree with everything the coached do No. But I would much rather have them than a coach that has the win at all cost attitude such as fairview had or cordeia had. I am proud my son is a LAWRENCE COUNTY BULLDOG.
IntheZone Wrote:Heard dalton got reinstated today.
His name has been removed from the DQ list.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:His name has been removed from the DQ list.

I hope for his sake that is a typo?
You got. It right 74