Granny Bear Wrote:That's YOUR opinion!!
Confusednicker:

You know it's true Granny Bear!!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Granny Bear Wrote:That's YOUR opinion!!
Confusednicker:

Got that one right, sweetheart!!

Let me share a true story with you. When my husband and I were first married and didn't have anyone in our immediate family to support in football, we would travel around to the games we thought would be good. I can't remember the year, but we drove down Somerset one year to watch them play Corbin (?) I think it was...

Anyway, it was a game that matched all the hype that had accompanied it. You may remember this OldJumper, it was the game where someone had a razor blade taped to the front of the helmet. LOL Anyway, there was one point in time when one of the Jumper linemen got his finger nearly torn off. It was broken or out of place one, and the blood was dripping off his elbow when he came out. He was HUGE!!! At least 6'4" and 300 lbs...not exaggerating one little bit. A man came out of the stands that was sitting just behind us; evidently he was a doctor because he had a kit with him that contained sutures. Just then a woman came out of the stands, and I swear to you, she was bigger than that lineman was. So this doctor proceeds to sew this kid's finger back together and set the bone and the whole time that this is going on, the player and his mother are staring at each other and screaming to the top of their lungs!! They taped, then buddy taped that finger. He finished the game!!!

I've heard about this, actually I heard one of the Jumper lineman filed the edges of his facemask (where it connects to the helmet) down to a razor sharp edge because one of the opposing defensive lineman was notorious for slapping helmets and grabbing the head of the offensive lineman during the play. I'm sure most programs have their share of these types of stories, OldJumper can almost certainly provide more information on this.
Well, I can't wait to hear it! I believe that SOMETHING was done. I do know that the game was delayed slightly to search for razors/knives, etc. because every play, there was somebody else that was cut. They would come out of that game bloodier that a hog, BUT there were about the same amount of cuts on both teams! LOL Whoever did (or didn't) do that, really didn't think it through very well. Also, I can't remember the team they were playing. I know I said Corbin earlier but it may have been another. That has been years and years ago.