Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Do Some High Schools choose not to post stats on Khsaa
Many of those schools keep them up regularly. I'd say it's just one of those early in the year things.

I couldn't give a rip about stats. Didn't when I played. Didn't when I coached. Don't know as a fan. The W-L records and the W-L records of their opponents, and their opponents..opponents is the only one I care to look at.
Per KHSAA:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 3, 2014

The initial weekly statistical leader reports for football and boys’ and girls’ soccer have been posted to KHSAA.org. Statistics are compiled weekly throughout the regular season and will be posted to the KHSAA website every Tuesday (Soccer) and Wednesday (Football).

As a reminder, member schools are solely responsible for submitting statistical information. If a school or individual is omitted, or information is not updated, that means the KHSAA did not receive a report prior to the deadline. [B]Beginning with 2014-2015, as contained in Bylaw 27, the requirements to enter and maintain rosters, schedules and statistics will be enforced more rigorously by the KHSAA. This enforcement will subject the member schools to penalties by the Commissioner, including fines and other actions, within the constraints of Bylaw 27.[/B]
nky Wrote:Have you contacted the KHSAA? or do you just get on here and spout off?:thanks:

For what a coach gets paid submitting stats are low on the priority list. Not to mention just to get someone to take them can be an issue at some schools.

I hope you keep stats on your pay check nKy....And i am just spouting off because i want to. Keep coal Alive in northern Kentucky. :igiveup:
Another KHSAA post regarding stats:

STATISTICS REMINDER
Finally, statistical entry is also required in the sports of football, basketball and soccer, which will be used to compile a list of statewide leaders, which can also be sent to local media outlets upon request. See the note at the end of this post regarding failure to maintain current contest-by-contest statistics.

PENALTIES FOR NONCOMPLIANCE
Beginning with 2014-2015, as contained in Bylaw 27, the requirements to enter and maintain rosters, schedules and statistics will be enforced more rigorously. This enforcement will subject the member schools to penalties by the Commissioner, including fines and other actions, within the constraints of Bylaw 27. In general, the information (statistics, results, etc.) will have a 48-hour grace period to comply. Due to the unique nature of football and the infrequency of play, enforcement on football will likely be more aggressive concerning score reporting.
My guess is that KHSAA will be issuing Reprimand Letters by mid-season......
Why would the KHSAA do anything about it, they never did anything to teams that had illegal scrimmages adn contact.
former Wrote:Why would the KHSAA do anything about it, they never did anything to teams that had illegal scrimmages adn contact.

Good point...... Guess it depends on who is doing the complaining....
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Many of those schools keep them up regularly. I'd say it's just one of those early in the year things.

I couldn't give a rip about stats. Didn't when I played. Didn't when I coached. Don't know as a fan. The W-L records and the W-L records of their opponents, and their opponents..opponents is the only one I care to look at.

*Now.

Geez.
64SUR Wrote:I hope you keep stats on your pay check nKy....And i am just spouting off because i want to. Keep coal Alive in northern Kentucky. :igiveup:

:biglmao:
I sure hope everyone is keeping stats this evening since that is obviously a top priority for a coaching staff.
I find it hard to believe that the KHSAA is going to MAKE schools post there stats. Sounds kind of absurd to me. I agree that all schools should, but what about the schools that are tight on budget and don't have anyone to do it, or doesn't have any radio team, or no one willing to volunteer.
Does anyone have PROOF of the weekly $50 fine thing? I can't find anything on khsaa.org.

Plus, there are several notable teams who are NOT putting stats online consistently: Ballard, Beechwood, Boyd County, Bullitt East, Clinton County, Dixie Heights (First game only), East Jessamine, Fairview, Fern Creek, Franklin County (first game only), Green County.

I stopped at G. And was only clicking on Week 4 winners. I have no doubt there's at least 50 schools who haven't put all their stats (or had them updated entering this weekend/Week 4) online.

Can't imagine all those schools are getting weekly $50 fines.

And is this a football ONLY thing? Because there are plenty more boys' soccer, girls' soccer and volleyball teams who haven't put stats online.

I've seen the posts from KHSAA. ... What I haven't seen verbatim is "weekly $50 fine" for non-compliant schools.
Ashland needs to report them. They listen to Ashland and will take action.
Post stats schools....KHSAA :rules:
64SUR Wrote:I hope you keep stats on your pay check nKy....And i am just spouting off because i want to. Keep coal Alive in northern Kentucky. :igiveup:
:biglmao::HitWall: A coach who teaches a full load of classes, has a family, and wants some type of life for 5 months out of the year posting stats is a low priority:thanks:
nky Wrote::biglmao::HitWall: A coach who teaches a full load of classes, has a family, and wants some type of life for 5 months out of the year posting stats is a low priority:thanks:

Then some coaches should take a pay cut......Just saying :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:Then some coaches should take a pay cut......Just saying :HitWall:

Or find another job!:zzz:
yea cut the .25 cent per hour down to what .15? Ever wonder why there's a high turn over in coaches both head and assistant? Why coaches have a high divorce rate?
nky Wrote:yea cut the .25 cent per hour down to what .15? Ever wonder why there's a high turn over in coaches both head and assistant? Why coaches have a high divorce rate?

:igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup: where did you find that stats.....just saying nKy
^ personal experience
64SUR Wrote::igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup: where did you find that stats.....just saying nKy

Confusednicker:
Several new teams is posting stats :ilikeit:
64SUR Wrote:Several new teams is posting stats :ilikeit:

Get after Paintsville 64SUR to update stats and the keep coal alive in NKY hurt my gut laughing so hard :hilarious:
TigerBlues Wrote:Get after Paintsville 64SUR to update stats and the keep coal alive in NKY hurt my gut laughing so hard :hilarious:

Paintsville is on board..Leslie County need to get on board coaching staff my friends. :pondering:
Some folks like to keep up with Stats, I get it, but think that a Coach & their Staff, have other things on their mind....like trying to figure out a strategy for the next game for example. Some times things just get pushed to the bottom of the pile - because they flat run out of time! Been there done that!!
Like I said earlier, one of the dumbest threads I have ever read. The ones that don't post stats have better things to do, and the ones that do usually have a volunteer to do just that.
realityone Wrote:Like I said earlier, one of the dumbest threads I have ever read. The ones that don't post stats have better things to do, and the ones that do usually have a volunteer to do just that.

they all should have a volunteer since its a rule.
jw4914 Wrote:Per KHSAA:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 3, 2014

The initial weekly statistical leader reports for football and boys’ and girls’ soccer have been posted to KHSAA.org. Statistics are compiled weekly throughout the regular season and will be posted to the KHSAA website every Tuesday (Soccer) and Wednesday (Football).

As a reminder, member schools are solely responsible for submitting statistical information. If a school or individual is omitted, or information is not updated, that means the KHSAA did not receive a report prior to the deadline. [B]Beginning with 2014-2015, as contained in Bylaw 27, the requirements to enter and maintain rosters, schedules and statistics will be enforced more rigorously by the KHSAA. This enforcement will subject the member schools to penalties by the Commissioner, including fines and other actions, within the constraints of Bylaw 27.[/B]

Realityone.... yes it maybe the dumbest posts. Who do you think should pay for the penaities. The coaches or the schools....just asking Confusederiously:
pjdoug Wrote:they all should have a volunteer since its a rule.

I really don't think that finding someone is a big deal. I do agree that the
coaches have too much other stuff to concern themselves with stats. But,
a parent volunteer, an alumni, or even a faculty staff member should be
easy to recruit. I have even seen the Middle school coaches step in and help
with this. Bottom line is, it is a rule, and there are plenty of avenues to find
a willing subject that will do it........
Neither. There is no way the khsaa should be able to force anyone to post stats. I would love to see how many schools pay a fine for this. I would bet zero