Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Wayne Co 9/12
mysonis55 Wrote:Wayne Co was better last year. This year and in most years PT is better.

you said Paducah Tilghman was better last year.Confusednicker:
Ha.. pt was better last year but they had cancer... he was removed.. even a better team can self destruct and lose a game.. just because a team wins not always means they had the better team. Burg should step over wayne .... 34 -13
ontopofthewest Wrote:Ha.. pt was better last year but they had cancer... he was removed.. even a better team can self destruct and lose a game.. just because a team wins not always means they had the better team. Burg should step over wayne .... 34 -13

my team had cancer and lost 10 games last year.Confusednicker:
Ya ya... u know wat I mean.. they had a good team just to damn unpredictable..
PT has underachieved for several years. When are they going to have a good season.
How many teams have a bad year and play in the semis? The cancer he was referring to was the head coach. He begged his old d coordinator to come back because they were of to a terrible start. He came back and they began winning just like I said they would. They week before the semis, he got onto one of the head coaches favorite players. The head coach sided with that player. The d coordinator said you asked me back but I don't need this and left. The head coach then didn't just roll with the same system. He changed the offense and defense entirely in the week of the semis. Now that has been fixed. The problem now is getting the kids to understand and accept what the new staff wants from them. Once they do that, they will turn it around. I think they are getting better. I don't think he will get the ship turned around until next year or maybe even the year after that.
Williamsburg 42-21
Williamsburg rolls!!!

Williamsburg 42
Wayne County 20
Williamsburg show how good they really are this year by beating Wayne county by 3 touchdowns.
Anybody picking Wayne County......Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Anybody picking Wayne County......Confusednicker:

I thought about it then forgot about it.
Where are the Wayne Co Fans. The orange Jackets By A bunch. running clock early third.
Is this the Williamsburg first actual game?
Yes
3 straight and two to northern kentucky
Wayne fan here... Wayne will be fine this game and all for the rest of the schedule. We are young in the backfield takes some time to get offence trusting each other but they are getting better every game. Two tough close losses so far to good teams but those are tuff to win young this early in the season mind you we have been down for two weeks without a four year starting WR and a Jr. running back. Time will tell but there is a lot of promise in this group don't count us down and out just yet. If we can get healthy and continue working during the week in practice these down to the last second games are going to go in our favor and I believe our D has the ability to keep us in close games. Last game we were pinned inside the 5 3 times by a good punter. North has a kicker that starts you out on the 20 every drive another hard feat for a young offence. Wayne will be fine.
Williamsburg is a favorite in this one, but a running-clock would certainly be a shock. I think Williamsburg is as good as any team that's played on Jewell Field in several years, but I wouldn't bank on heading back across 92 early due to a running clock. Cardinals are going thru some growing pains, but a 33-6 record the past three years leads me to believe better times are ahead for this program.

If you are going to get Wayne County my thoughts are you better get them this year and next, as this team will be pretty good in the very near future. I choose to enjoy this season and see if they can continue to improve and be in the mix come district time. Not been posting much just reading, but Wayne County faithful are still on here, just not much to say in the early season.
I would be surprised at a running clock.... Wayne has a solid defense... Wayne has a good
short passing game... If they can get the blocks upfront, they will make the game very interesting....
I was kind of thinking the same thing.
Wayne will keep it close. They are not nearly as bad as people are saying.
I don't think the burg will get Wayne near as bad as Wayne got the burg last year. A win yes, a running clock no.
Should be a good game. Wayne is down compared to last year and W'Burg seems as good or maybe even slightly better, but, Wayne won handily on the road last year and gets them at home this year. The question I have is Wayne down so much or Wburg that much better to offset that large difference from 2013. While I see it close, I'm going with Wayne, because of there defense.. WC 20 W"Burg 13..
Williamsburg
All good post by a class fan base.
Cards will compete.
If they are healthy, and if the right plays go their way watch out.

Burg is the favorite and they have the bullseye on their back. I kind of like where we are.
Careful, don't pick against the burg. You will be chastised by Topnotch. That is, when his wife gets home to type his response.
Wayne is a good 3A team, Williamsburg is an excellent 1A team. Got to pull for 1A in this situation. Burg 45 -21
That's kinda where I'm thinking the score might be.
TopCat Wrote:Wayne will keep it close. They are not nearly as bad as people are saying.

Agreed. Maybe sluggish offensively which is to be expected, but defensively....11 swinging you know whats as Johnny Majors used to say.

I think this will be closer than most expect.

What the heck..I'll pick Wayne. I think the world of both programs, but I'll pick the Cardinal nation.
mysonis55 Wrote:Someone also tried to suggest that Pike Cent and South Laurel were very similar to PT.
Lit Ratings
PT. 101.3. #5 in 3a
Pike Cent 73.5 #22 in 3a
South Laurel 63.9 #33 in 5a

Show me how they are even close?

You and those awful Lit Ratings!

Calpreps (Who we almost all agreed look much, much more accurate):
Wayne County #10 in 3A 13.8
Paducah Tilghman #11 in 3A 10.9
Pike Central #13 in 3A 7.7

I think Wayne and PT are about equal right now. Both teams are 10-14 points better than Pike Central.

Tilghman from what I have seen is not a very good football team. They would get manhandled up front by even Wburg. They have some nice individual athletes at the skill spots, but they have neither the defense or the line play to be labeled a contender this year in 3A.