Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Paintsville
On paper it is easy to beat Pikeville. Run the ball to shorten the game and keep their O off the field. On the filed its not as easy. Pikeville is physcial on defense and they fly to the ball. Their offense is loaded with weapons. Pikeville 35 Paintsville 12
This is me Wrote:Hope the tigers line step up. If not , could be a long night. If they do it could be a ballgame.. With that said, Pikeville has to be a heavy favorite..

So you're laying all the responsibility of the game on our young offensive line? You win as a team and you lose as a team man so don't come on here laying all the pressure on them.
Pikeville in a close one
oneijoe Wrote:You may have watched the Pikeville/Prestonsburg game, but you weren't paying very close attention. Prestonsburg has NO "Sizemore".

Perhaps you meant Frasure ?

:Shaking:

Yes my mistake. I had just finished a discussion with a buddy about the QB from last year's Wburg squad. Frasure is who i meant. Thanks for theheads up.
Pikeville - 38

Paintsville - 21
Pikeville is on a Roll! They should again in this one. Paintsville is on the up though and if they keep it up it won't be long.
Tiger Fever Wrote:So you're laying all the responsibility of the game on our young offensive line? You win as a team and you lose as a team man so don't come on here laying all the pressure on them.

Not putting any pressure on them. I know its a team game and they r young. If the upper classman don't step up it could be a running clock..
This is me Wrote:Not putting any pressure on them. I know its a team game and they r young. If the upper classman don't step up it could be a running clock..

Nice to see you have faith in your team. :poker face:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Nice to see you have faith in your team. :poker face:

Listen guys.. I do have faith in my team.. But anytime someone post the truth on BGR. Everyone gets their feelings hurt.. :happytear:
Paintsville will make it a game, but Pikeville wins by 14 or more.
Pikeville 40
Paintsville12
Alright I can't stand it anymore , Tigers win a close one after MacNamee gets ejected.

Tigers 29
Panthers 28
^^^wow guns blazin huh TB?lol
TigerBlues Wrote:Alright I can't stand it anymore , Tigers win a close one after MacNamee gets ejected.

Tigers 29
Panthers 28

Copycat!!!:flame:
TigerBlues Wrote:Alright I can't stand it anymore , Tigers win a close one after MacNamee gets ejected.

Tigers 29
Panthers 28
Lol!

Not to be outdone, Chirico gets himself tossed too, screaming "Anything Mac can do, I can do better!" Pikeville recovers a squib with 10 seconds on the clock, giving them short field, and given another chance, Paintsville assistant coaches call Hazard real quick and ask how to tackle Pugh if he runs. Dixon isn't available, and the assistants can't answer, so Paintsville stands and watches as Pugh rumbles 40 yards for the game winning TD, carrying 3 people the last 10 yards.

Pikeville 36
Paintsville 29

Disclaimer:

No egos were harmed in the creation of the above hypothetical scenario. :biglmao::flame:
PHSForever Wrote:Lol!

Not to be outdone, Chirico gets himself tossed too, screaming "Anything Mac can do, I can do better!" Pikeville recovers a squib with 10 seconds on the clock, giving them short field, and given another chance, Paintsville assistant coaches call Hazard real quick and ask how to tackle Pugh if he runs. Dixon isn't available, and the assistants can't answer, so Paintsville stands and watches as Pugh rumbles 40 yards for the game winning TD, carrying 3 people the last 10 yards.

Pikeville 36
Paintsville 29

Disclaimer:

No egos were harmed in the creation of the above hypothetical scenario. :biglmao::flame:

Confusednicker:
Just dont think Paintsville has enough fire power to pull this one out, eapecially in Pikeville's backyard. Just dont see it happening. Belcher and Daniel are good, but Pugh is a threat to go at any time, but he can also get between the tackles and eat up time. We already know what Squeek Charles (great nickname btw) and Estep are capable of, and lets not forget Maynard. I just think Pikeville has too many weapons offensively and too much speed defensively for the Tigers. I like Pikeville by 3 or 4 scores.
PHSForever Wrote:Lol!

Pikeville 36
Paintsville 29

Disclaimer:

:Clap:Confusednicker:

Then Chirico gets the Hazard coach to call the KHSAA and whine for him and Pineville, Harlan, Lynn Camp and Williamsburg write letters of support and Chirico doesn't have to sit out any games for getting ejected.:devilflam
jetpilot Wrote::Clap:Confusednicker:

Then Chirico gets the Hazard coach to call the KHSAA and whine for him and Pineville, Harlan, Lynn Camp and Williamsburg write letters of support and Chirico doesn't have to sit out any games for getting ejected.:devilflam
+1 sir! :redboxer:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just dont think Paintsville has enough fire power to pull this one out, eapecially in Pikeville's backyard. Just dont see it happening. Belcher and Daniel are good, but Pugh is a threat to go at any time, but he can also get between the tackles and eat up time. We already know what Squeek Charles (great nickname btw) and Estep are capable of, and lets not forget Maynard. I just think Pikeville has too many weapons offensively and too much speed defensively for the Tigers. I like Pikeville by 3 or 4 scores.

Here is a hypothetical for the thread. This is the 3rd week in a row Pikeville has faced a pretty good 1-2 punch. Who would you take if you had the choice of J. Jarrell/Frasure of Prestonsburg, Morgan/Jones of Hazard or Daniel/Belcher of Paintsville. You can make an argument for all 3. Also, I know it was only Morgan Co. and they are horrible, but I was told that Paintsville's short passing game looked very crisp and dangerous and will be an excellent addition to go along with their running game. :popcorn:
PHSForever Wrote:+1 sir! :redboxer:

You gave me the perfect alley-oop for the easy dunk!:notworthy
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just dont think Paintsville has enough fire power to pull this one out, eapecially in Pikeville's backyard. Just dont see it happening. Belcher and Daniel are good, but Pugh is a threat to go at any time, but he can also get between the tackles and eat up time. We already know what Squeek Charles (great nickname btw) and Estep are capable of, and lets not forget Maynard. I just think Pikeville has too many weapons offensively and too much speed defensively for the Tigers. I like Pikeville by 3 or 4 scores.
In all seriousness, other than the mild trolling, I've tried to avoid making a call on this game. But I just have to agree. Paintsville is solid and well coached, with some good players, but the depth and overall athleticism just isn't there yet to allow them a return the the Walter Brugh days YET. I think, in the end, Pikeville's overall experience and speed across the board wear the Tigers down and it is about a 2-3 score win for the Panthers. They (Pikeville) got caught peeping ahead on the schedule last year, that won't happen this year. These boys are on a mission with a bad taste in their mouths from the way last season ended.
jetpilot Wrote:Here is a hypothetical for the thread. This is the 3rd week in a row Pikeville has faced a pretty good 1-2 punch. Who would you take if you had the choice of J. Jarrell/Frasure of Prestonsburg, Morgan/Jones of Hazard or Daniel/Belcher of Paintsville. You can make an argument for all 3. Also, I know it was only Morgan Co. and they are horrible, but I was told that Paintsville's short passing game looked very crisp and dangerous and will be an excellent addition to go along with their running game. :popcorn:
I really think, and only because the RB's are the difference, it would come down to Morgan/Jones or Daniel/Belcher for most of us armchair coaches here. Frasure is a load, but I don't see him having the speed once he gets to the edge that Jones and Belcher do, I think Morgan is comparable to Jarrell, and Daniel is capable enough to maybe not be at the same passing level as Jarrell and Morgan, but dangerous enough to have games like they do, just not as consistently. But conditioning is a factor for Jones every year, and it doesn't appear to be for Frasure or Belcher. With all pros and cons added up, I think a VERY slight edge goes to Daniel and Belcher as a combo. But that could change after I see them together Friday. I've seen the others, but have only heard about this combo. This is a good topic, probably deserves it's own thread.
I go with Charles and Pugh lol. Here is what scares me about Pikeville. They have yet to really utilize anyone much more than Pugh. I didt expect Pikeville to have that ability this early on. Pikeville is looking more and more like a team that could knock off Williamsburg.
I think Daniel and Pugh will be a good match up they both are heck of ball players , but belcher can take a game over if he wants to seen him do it two many times he ran all over belfry last year ,
Tigers by 3.
eagles2011 Wrote:I think Daniel and Pugh will be a good match up they both are heck of ball players , but belcher can take a game over if he wants to seen him do it two many times he ran all over belfry last year ,
Belcher is a good back. But Jordan Young is the one who torched Belfry for 250 yards last year. Not Belcher. If I recall Belcher had about 100 yards. Still good, but not "run all over Belfry" good. Like I said, I'm not taking anything away from the young man. Just pointing out a fact.
PHSForever Wrote:Belcher is a good back. But Jordan Young is the one who torched Belfry for 250 yards last year. Not Belcher. If I recall Belcher had about 100 yards. Still good, but not "run all over Belfry" good. Like I said, I'm not taking anything away from the young man. Just pointing out a fact.

You are correct sir.

J. Young 28 carries for 250 yards 5 td's
D. Belcher 8 carries for 104 yards 1 td

Both are great players though.
If you go by yards per carry, then Belcher did more damage. Going off of that Belcher would have ran for around 370 yds and 5 tds(1 td per 5 carries going off of Youngs numbers). I think Belcher can be a game changer, but, i just dont know if its going to be enough.
PHSForever Wrote:In all seriousness, other than the mild trolling, I've tried to avoid making a call on this game. But I just have to agree. Paintsville is solid and well coached, with some good players, but the depth and overall athleticism just isn't there yet to allow them a return the the Walter Brugh days YET. I think, in the end, Pikeville's overall experience and speed across the board wear the Tigers down and it is about a 2-3 score win for the Panthers. They (Pikeville) got caught peeping ahead on the schedule last year, that won't happen this year. These boys are on a mission with a bad taste in their mouths from the way last season ended.

Agree. First time in a long time, this team has been on a mission,imo. A great word to describe it. :redboxer: