Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is there weight limits in youth football?
warmachine Wrote:Why would I want to move a 10 year old KID up to play with 13 year olds? That would be stupid. The big 10 year old is just as weak as the little 70 pounder just a bigger body. If I was 13 again and playing against a 10 year old, it would be lights out. I feel like the rules are stupid. Just my opionion. Just cause you are big slow now doesnt translate to big slow when they get in HS. Little and fast now dont translate to Little and Fast in HS. Most teams could benefit from a 6'2 -250 pound back at the HS level from what I have saw here in Eastern KY. If the kid could run a 4.6, theyd still put him on the line because of his size. And Im not a win at all costs type of a person. I put kids where I think they would benefit the most. The kid is my best football player by far. Here where I live, they give you a week in pads then make you play games. Its not baskeball. Football takes a long time to teach.

Why would it be stupid? What does a 180 lb kid get from running over smaller kids? Nothing. If he's big enough to run over little kids why wouldn't he run over 13 year olds. What more his size? So they are big and slow in little league and then through a transformation of doing running back drills they will change into a fast running back. Maybe 1 in a 100. A 6'2 250 lb kid in east ky will be a lineman every time. Why? Because 9 out of 10 times they are slow. The kid wasted all those years running around cones and tucked it high and tight for nothing.