Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 35 South Pittsburg, TN 7
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:They may have been on life support at least their program has been alive.

No arguments from me. I wasn't on the team. When I was, we handed Bell there asses though.

The mountains as a whole is currently bad at football right now.
Its just a fact of life. Pulaski and Belfry are the only two teams with legit shots at doing anything.
Funny thing is I can only think of 1 time Whitley has ever beat Bell in the last 30 years.:biglmao:
ROADRUNNER69 Wrote:Funny thing is I can only think of 1 time Whitley has ever beat Bell in the last 30 years.:biglmao:

Bell has a big lead in the series but they stopped playing for a few years after Whitley beat them in 1999 and 2000.
ROADRUNNER69 Wrote:Funny thing is I can only think of 1 time Whitley has ever beat Bell in the last 30 years.:biglmao:

98 Bell won
99 Whitley won
00 Whitley won
01 didn't play. If we did, we would have hung 50 on you. You lost to Pburg that year. We were the only team to beat Pburg beside there loss in the state finals.

What was that again....
Prestonsburg barely beat bell that year, it took a few home cooking flags to do so in 2001. Of the last 30 years 99 and 2000 was the lowest point in Bell's program. Many of the fans like to refer to them as the dark ages. Much worse than last year. No surprise Whitley beat us but those bobcat teams were not very good. So I would not thump my chest too loud. How far did Whitley make it in the playoffs those years??
Easy now u will kill Guts self esteem. Those were some bad Bell teams for sure. Not many good wins those years.

2000 was lucky to play cawood and Ralph Smith led KC and some other weak teams or the record would have been really bad.
TopCat Wrote:Prestonsburg barely beat bell that year, it took a few home cooking flags to do so in 2001. Of the last 30 years 99 and 2000 was the lowest point in Bell's program. Many of the fans like to refer to them as the dark ages. Much worse than last year. No surprise Whitley beat us but those bobcat teams were not very good. So I would not thump my chest too loud. How far did Whitley make it in the playoffs those years??

seems like most of the dark years have been before and after Dudley Hilton's arrival and departure. Do you think the Bobcats are now finally back up to the same level they were under Dudley?
Bell might have some down years but they will still be Bell. Gut how many state titles have you played for or won?:devilflam
ROADRUNNER69 Wrote:Bell might have some down years but they will still be Bell. Gut how many state titles have you played for or won?:devilflam

How many has Bell won without Dudley? could this be the year?
TopCat Wrote:Prestonsburg barely beat bell that year, it took a few home cooking flags to do so in 2001. Of the last 30 years 99 and 2000 was the lowest point in Bell's program. Many of the fans like to refer to them as the dark ages. Much worse than last year. No surprise Whitley beat us but those bobcat teams were not very good. So I would not thump my chest too loud. How far did Whitley make it in the playoffs those years??

You have got to be kidding me. I can think of at least 4 bell teams that weren't anywhere close to those teams since then. If 99 and 00 were the dark ages for bell than last year must have been suicide.
ROADRUNNER69 Wrote:Bell might have some down years but they will still be Bell. Gut how many state titles have you played for or won?:devilflam

The same amount as 95% of players that go threw highschool. There are more things to life than a state title.
By your logic your admitting corbin is better than you :hilarious:
The fact remains. This guy beat bells ass more than once. Confusednicker:
The last 10 years have been the dark ages at whitley. That's the excuse I'm going for.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The fact remains. This guy beat bells ass more than once. Confusednicker:
The last 10 years have been the dark ages at whitley. That's the excuse I'm going for.

Does that excuse the bad seasons and mean championships are coming?Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have got to be kidding me. I can think of at least 4 bell teams that weren't anywhere close to those teams since then. If 99 and 00 were the dark ages for bell than last year must have been suicide.

Man no way. 99 and 00 had no speed and no size. Could have been the slowest teams Bell have ever put on the field. Last years team was very, very young but with that said they were better than those teams!
All you guys talk about how bad Bell was last year. 7-5 Most of you would kill for 7-5 and that was our down year? That was last year, if you didn't get us last year you will not this year. We are much better and a lot more physical. See ya soon.
William Muney Wrote:Man no way. 99 and 00 had no speed and no size. Could have been the slowest teams Bell have ever put on the field. Last years team was very, very young but with that said they were better than those teams!

That 99 Bell team went 9-3 and beat teams like Corbin and a good Glasgow team. There is no way last years Bell team was better than that 99 team.

As for the 00 team, yea that one wasn't great. About on par with last years IMHO.

I just don't understand the dark ages comment. Before Dudley, Bell was nothing and that was a lot of years. Bells program has really only been consistent since the late 80's/early 90's.

The time before that was the dark ages.
South Pitt is in their rebuilding year not as impressive as many seem to think... good win but we will see what bell is made of when they travel to mboro in a few weeks. Mboro looked sloppy against grant but I'd say they still beat bell by atleast 2 tds just like last year..
99 team was pretty good team. Had some quality wins. Bell had a great team in 98 and lost a really good back to a broke arm or something like that. Last year bell team was not very good. Yes we beat them but not much to brag about. Bell couldn't pass gas!! Still can't throw it very good.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:South Pitt is in their rebuilding year not as impressive as many seem to think... good win but we will see what bell is made of when they travel to mboro in a few weeks. Mboro looked sloppy against grant but I'd say they still beat bell by atleast 2 tds just like last year..

Confusednicker:
Craze JACKET man Wrote:99 team was pretty good team. Had some quality wins. Bell had a great team in 98 and lost a really good back to a broke arm or something like that. Last year bell team was not very good. Yes we beat them but not much to brag about. Bell couldn't pass gas!! Still can't throw it very good.

Have you been to one of your own games yet? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You have played the grid and a half game and had 9-10 turnovers according to the paper. You have 2 great backs and most of the time at the grid had one at TE. I said with this week off look for a change in offense, super has had enough.