Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 39 Corbin 13
How good is the QB at PC?
Some are saying that he is D1 and could be wearing the blue and white. In two years!
HAROLD Wrote:This game was an indicator as to how good Pulaski County is and not how bad Corbin is. Don't get me wrong, I thought Corbin had a punchers chance but I severely underestimated Pulaski County. They are far and away the best team in Eastern KY and showed it last night. Corbin will likely go anywhere from 7-3 to 9-1 this season and are very very good. Anyone saying Haddix isn't working are ignorant. This was game one with a whole new offense against one of the top 10 best teams in Kentucky regardless of class. Not many teams would do any better.

I still stand firmly behind saying that aside from Pulaski, Belfry, and Johnson Central, Corbin is the 4th best team in the mountains. Last night was a good test and a humbling experience for the Hounds. They will bounce back. Southwestern is a very very good team despite last years record. They could knock off the Hounds too but expect a much better showing and I expect the Hounds to get the win Friday. Best of luck to Pulaski County and hope to see them back in Bowling Green, this time on the other side of the scoreboard! Bring it home!

I agree with Harold Corbin 4th Williamsburg 5th :popcorn:
I agree. Williamsburg is very impressive. The first 22, there is no doubt that Williamsburg is a Top 5 team. They can hang with anyone. Depth would likely catch up to them when it comes to playing bigger teams in the mountains but take away the depth factor and they really have something going. I liken them to the 2007 UK team. They were as good as any team in the nation with their starting unit until depth caught up to them the back half of the season playing in the SEC.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:How good is the QB at PC?
Some are saying that he is D1 and could be wearing the blue and white. In two years!

The kid is an OUTSTANDING high school quarterback. Outstanding. HIGH SCHOOL. Quarterback.

Measurables, however, dominate the corrupted culture of combines, camps and recruiting efforts. Thus far, his measurables suggest that he will be a terrific player in the Mid-South Conference, although I'd love to see an FCS team (like Murray State) take a chance on him.

In the right FCS system, he could light things up.
I don't think Corbin is the 4th best team in the mountains.
I think they will lose to SW next week.
I do agree they would beat Wburg in a head to head.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Running clock I said, there you go. Gut must be smoking it to think Corbin was even going to be in this one. Corbin is not as good as you fans want to think.

Not one time did I say anything other than Pulaski would drill Corbin.
Not one time did I say Corbin even had a chance.
I had PC winning by more than they did.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Corbin not as good as some thought.

I think Pulaski is better than we thought.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not one time did I say anything other than Pulaski would drill Corbin.
Not one time did I say Corbin even had a chance.
I had PC winning by more than they did.

I know, I said I was sorry, on the other thread. It was 64sur.. Sorry again. 64 is the Corbin fans with blinders on.
I know Pulaski has A good QB, I will say this Williamsburg has A QB as good as any QB in the state. He fits the Wburg offense Perfectly. If he stays healthy his numbers will be out of site.
congrats little maroons
topnotch Wrote:I know Pulaski has A good QB, I will say this Williamsburg has A QB as good as any QB in the state. He fits the Wburg offense Perfectly. If he stays healthy his numbers will be out of site.

Exactly. Its not always who has the best QB. Its about how well your QB can run YOUR offense. That makes a big difference in high school football.
Having a triple option QB throw it or a throwing QB try to scramble is usually a nightmare, no matter how good or athletic they are.
64SUR Wrote:Corbin need to tackle better and everything will be ok..I guess. :poker face:

you guess?
I didnt say give him the boot. I was just asking how long Corbin puts up with 3 and 4 win seasons. I thought they were a program that were used to wins. Asking what kind of rope he has, and saying he could of stayed at Perry and they would of been happy with those kind of seasons. He has more expected of him at Corbin. Strictly my opinion and may not be correct.
I have nothing bad to say about Haddix, he has always been A+ on and off the field with me.
topnotch Wrote:I think Pulaski is better than we thought.

Unfortunately, Corbin is not as good as we thought either.
oldhound70s Wrote:Unfortunately, Corbin is not as good as we thought either.

Corbin is good. Pulaski is better than you thought. Smile
Corbin hasn't had a 3 or 4 win season for as long as I can remember. I don't expect them have any for the foreseeable future either. I believe it'll be a long while before you even see Corbin with anything worse than a 6 or 7 win season.
HAROLD Wrote:Corbin hasn't had a 3 or 4 win season for as long as I can remember. I don't expect them have any for the foreseeable future either. I believe it'll be a long while before you even see Corbin with anything worse than a 6 or 7 win season.

The worst I remember Corbin being in my lifetime is back around 2005 or 2006.
There was also a year in the 90's where they struggled I believe.

I think 2005 was a losing season.
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin is good. Pulaski is better than you thought. Smile

I knew PC was good but I thought the hounds would compete for a couple quarters. This should humble them some which is a good thing. I think everyone in town has been talking how great this bunch will be but this is not middle school football. They have a ton of good players but several think they are all stars and have become very cocky. If they settle down, work hard, and focus on the fundamentals they will be in the hunt come playoff time. The Haddix honeymoon is over and it's time to take off the new cool t shirts, get off Instagram, and start playing fundamental football. Haddix is a good coach and I think they can have a good season if the kids realize it's not going to be handed to them. Go Hounds
oldhound70s Wrote:I knew PC was good but I thought the hounds would compete for a couple quarters. This should humble them some which is a good thing. I think everyone in town has been talking how great this bunch will be but this is not middle school football. They have a ton of good players but several think they are all stars and have become very cocky. If they settle down, work hard, and focus on the fundamentals they will be in the hunt come playoff time. The Haddix honeymoon is over and it's time to take off the new cool t shirts, get off Instagram, and start playing fundamental football. Haddix is a good coach and I think they can have a good season if the kids realize it's not going to be handed to them. Go Hounds

Pulaski looks like what a 5A team should look like every year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pulaski looks like what a 5A team should look like every year.

They looked exactly like a 5A state contender. Very impressive and great QB.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The worst I remember Corbin being in my lifetime is back around 2005 or 2006.
There was also a year in the 90's where they struggled I believe.

I think 2005 was a losing season.

I think they were 5 and 6 two years ago losing to Larue county in first round.
Some stats from the game:

PC
passing: 16-24 for 234 yards
rushing - 104 yards
turnovers - 1

Corbin:
passing: 137 yards(65 came against the PC 2nd team)
rushing - 91 yards
turnovers - 3
^
Pulaski dominated this game by keeping good field position.
Corbin lost the game with there turnovers in bad timing.
I do think Corbin is better than they showed. I just think Pulaski is that much better than anyone else in the mountains.
I think Corbin starts 0-2 but ends up winning district.
oldhound70s Wrote:I knew PC was good but I thought the hounds would compete for a couple quarters. This should humble them some which is a good thing. I think everyone in town has been talking how great this bunch will be but this is not middle school football. They have a ton of good players but several think they are all stars and have become very cocky. If they settle down, work hard, and focus on the fundamentals they will be in the hunt come playoff time. The Haddix honeymoon is over and it's time to take off the new cool t shirts, get off Instagram, and start playing fundamental football. Haddix is a good coach and I think they can have a good season if the kids realize it's not going to be handed to them. Go Hounds

I couldn't agree more. I tried to temper expectations but everyone scorned me for doing that. We have to remember Justin was at best our 3 rd possibly 4th choice. I will however say this I don't think a Steve Jewell led team would have lost like that, they would have lost but they would have kept it respectable.

Big game this week. SW is much improved from last year. Larry is buddy of mine from way back, he does a terrific job of coaching the game.