Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Best Dunkers in 15th
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:I think you all should know that Taylor Newsome will get 10 or 15 dunks this year just because he runs the floor very well for a big man.

There won't be 10 to 15 dunks this year in the region from everybody combined. Shoot, I'd say we don't average more than 4 or 5 a year as a region...
have we had 15 combine the past 5 years? haha
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:have we had 15 combine the past 5 years? haha

I doubt it, which makes this thread pointless. But this thread happens year in and year out for some reason.
It doesnt matter if you can dunk in warm-ups and you are right THE KING there wont be 10 dunks combined
There are 2 and only two
1. Jamie McCarty
2. Trevor Patton

Because practice and warm-ups do not count and these two have dunks in a game
meganwillis10 Wrote:There are 2 and only two
1. Jamie McCarty
2. Trevor Patton

Because practice and warm-ups do not count and these two have dunks in a game

Watch out for george shimko this kid is going to be dunking on fools
blackcat_student Wrote:Your right I've never seen any of those get a dunk in a game ! But Trevor did last season ! And I'm sure he will dunk the ball alot this season in games !

I think you are talking about the one in the District Tourney I think against S.Floyd, but the ball was out of his hand and he broke the rim away then the ball fell thru the hoop. Not a dunk, but with his size he should get quite a few this season if he can get open looks or good position down low.
That isnt Taylor writing stuff about his self
blackcat_student Wrote:Your right I've never seen any of those get a dunk in a game ! But Trevor did last season ! And I'm sure he will dunk the ball alot this season in games !

I wouldn't call it a dunk but it was definately entertainment. A great way to finish a great game. I say he will have quite a few dunks in games this year though. He looks stronger. Besides all he needs is like a 5 inch vertical to dunk. The way Pburg hustles he will find open court.
cats eye Wrote:I wouldn't call it a dunk but it was definately entertainment. A great way to finish a great game. I say he will have quite a few dunks in games this year though. He looks stronger. Besides all he needs is like a 5 inch vertical to dunk. The way Pburg hustles he will find open court.

Sorry to tell you this, but he will need more than a 5 inch vertical. I am very close to 7 foot tall and I still have to jump like a foot to dunk.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I think these guys should just stick to layups.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Sorry to tell you this, but he will need more than a 5 inch vertical. I am very close to 7 foot tall and I still have to jump like a foot to dunk.

Wow a whole foot! I believe i was exagerating. No need to argue every detail. Or was you just wanting us to know how tall you are?
cats eye Wrote:Wow a whole foot! I believe i was exagerating. No need to argue every detail. Or was you just wanting us to know how tall you are?

People tend to exagerate on here to try to intimidate sometimes. Can Trever stand flat footed and just jump and dunk though?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Meade is not lying to you people...George Schemko will have some dunks this year. nobody on here has any idea who this guy is. He has broken his wrist the past 2 years and really hasnt been able to play. he will be BY FAR the best dunker in the region this coming season.......Maybe the best big man too.....im telling you people....watch out
corndog23 Wrote:Meade is not lying to you people...George Schemko will have some dunks this year. nobody on here has any idea who this guy is. He has broken his wrist the past 2 years and really hasnt been able to play. he will be BY FAR the best dunker in the region this coming season.......Maybe the best big man too.....im telling you people....watch out

Yeah, and I have some ocean front property in Inez for sell.:lmao:
He will not be as good as Ashley Hatfield or Taylor Newsome from Valley this year. You can bet on that!
corndog23 Wrote:Meade is not lying to you people...George Schemko will have some dunks this year. nobody on here has any idea who this guy is. He has broken his wrist the past 2 years and really hasnt been able to play. he will be BY FAR the best dunker in the region this coming season.......Maybe the best big man too.....im telling you people....watch out
well another guy that no ones mention is jearmy bratton from johnson central he can slam it down with half of his arm in the rim
Deven Adams from Pikeville might get 1 or 2 this year...but his junior and senior year he should be getting a lot!
White Mike Wrote:Deven Adams from Pikeville might get 1 or 2 this year...but his junior and senior year he should be getting a lot!
Is that the big 6'9 kid?? In all honesty he is really the only one who should be mentiond in this thread..JMO
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Yeah, and I have some ocean front property in Inez for sell.:lmao:

I doubt it :moon:
Moe Wrote:Is that the big 6'9 kid?? In all honesty he is really the only one who should be mentiond in this thread..JMO
Yeah that is the 6'9 kid.
White Mike Wrote:Yeah that is the 6'9 kid.
:thumpsup:
Moe Wrote:Is that the big 6'9 kid?? In all honesty he is really the only one who should be mentiond in this thread..JMO

Kyle Goodson for Valley can dunk easily, eventhough it's your opinion and i respect it, he's not the only one to mention.
Nobody should be mentioned until they actually dunk in a game. It's hilarious to even have this thread because there are no true "great" dunkers in the 15th.
alfus21 Wrote:Nobody should be mentioned until they actually dunk in a game. It's hilarious to even have this thread because there are no true "great" dunkers in the 15th.
I agree this thread is kind of pointless.
The Shimko kid is a great dunker. You'll see. . .
Come to "Meet the Blackcats" night on November 18 and you will see some serious dunkage! The Patton kid can "rip" the rims! Worth the price of admission.
He might get them in layups, maybe one or two in the scrimmage. That is still different than doing it in a real game against a team that will be trying to keep you from it harder than your own teammate will be trying. I am not saying that he cant hard or good, I am just saying the same thing everyone else is. It is a lot different to dunk in layups than it is in a real game.
I agree good post Bballonlyfan
Ive seen patton play and he can dunk but dosent have any basketball skill and i dont think we have to worry about him dunking in a game beause he is to weak to do it in traffic and hes not going to be getting steals all night and getting to the rim...
The other teams in the region are not going to let him either....But i guess he'll get them all in warm-ups