Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Russell Red Devils a One Man Show?
LovetheBucs Wrote:Just want to reiterate that this post was made in good faith. I just remember in 03 when Russell came to Belfry they had a back over 2000 yds and another (Clark) well over 1000. That team had two KNOWN weapons. If you guys say that Russell is not a one man show, I believe you. I just hadn't heard of any other Devils necessarily making a name for themself.

First, it was 2004 when Gross and Clark lost at Belfry. I think it is safe to say that the 2006 Pirates are not near the team of the 2004 Pirates (but neither are the Devils).
Devilologist Wrote:let alone a top rated pass defense this year and 2 big starters are out.... Nick Lewis and Jacob Sizemore.. both are out but may return in the playoffs... what an addition they will add to the defensive back field

We need them back. Granted I think we have other capable of stepping up, Jacob and Nick are both seasoned vets with tons of experience in the playoffs. They give Russell a better chance of winning. Hey Devilologist, when is your next game? Let me know so I can get officials for it.
as of right now I think our next game is at Lawrence County on the 24th,,, we play after the 3rd grade team... We had a game scheduled for this Thursday but it will be cancelled due to Kawanis Bowl,, I am taking the kids to the game in Ashland instead of practicing that day...... Saturday the 21st we may try to do something with the 3rd or 5th grade teams at Russell.. probably a game between ourselves for playing time.... People are starting to cancel and it is getting harder to get games now.....
Send me a private email, conatct with you number so I can call you and fill you in...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Yes, the Russell Red Devils are a one man show........Ivan McGlone!!!!!!! I was with him from '81 thru '84 when he won 4 Regional Titles, only loosing to 4 evential state champions. If he has the right mix of personel he will take a team beyond their expectations.

Devil 68:devilflam
Russell is a solid football team...For a team to be a one man show, there has to be 5 blocking up front!
No if Russel was a one man show their record wouldn't be what it is, football is a team effort, and Russel deffinatley is a team effort
Your answer is no Russell has a solid passing game and a solid running game.
It takes more then 1 person to win game after game yes clark is the man but they also have other people that can play some ball.
If anyone in the state thinks for one minute that Russell is a one man show they are badly mistaken. Tyler Jones is a top notch quarterback is capable of scoring anytime when he runs the bootleg. Also the backfield isnt empty there are other backs in the backfield that are dangerous such as Nick Lewis, Aaron Beekman, Darrell Wells, David Bailey, and Drew Abrams. And another important thing is that the Russell passing attck is doing extraordinary this season. Dont get me wrong though Kasey is a gifted athlete and is our Biggest threat but not the only threat we have!!!!
I have come to the conclusion that Russell is a one man show, one man carrying the football across the goalline for the touchdown.. One man show... just is that you never know who that one man is going to be. Clark,Jones,Beekman,Lewis,Frazier,Cordle,Bailey,Abrams,Hopper,Sizemore, Sutton,Wells,Wills, Travis Jones or ay of the Freshman running backs who have 6-8 games experience on the varsity level as freshman.
Like we say at Russell, key one one get burnt by the rest, key on 2, now try to catch them.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russell may have been considered a one man team at the beginning of the year just because everyone knew about Kasey, BUT as of late they have proven that they are not a one man team because now everyone is coming together and are playing as a team and you just can't key on one person anymore!!!!
Jones is #2 then, at QB?

Then Beekman @ FB?

Trust this Pirates fan, I have no doubt you don't have kids who can play. I just wanted to here it!
Nope
LovetheBucs Wrote:Jones is #2 then, at QB?

Then Beekman @ FB?

Trust this Pirates fan, I have no doubt you don't have kids who can play. I just wanted to here it!

Beekman has been moved to the other HB spot with the injury to Lewis. Wells is the FB.

Lewis and Sizemore returning from injuries has added greatly to the depth of this team.
dont over look russells passing game....there are alot of guys who can grab some stuff out of the air ^^
LovetheBucs Wrote:We all know about Kasey Clark and I believe he deserves every bit of press he gets. But, who else can make plays for the Devils? I don't even know the other running backs names.

Honest/good faith question for the Red Devil fans. Is this team more reliant on one man (Kasey) than the past Russell teams?

Not not at all, All though Kasey Clarke is a huge asset to the team, he is by far not the only playmarker on the team. Marcus Frazier, Tyler Jones, Josh Wills, Arron Beekmen, Jacob Sizemore are all great players. As for the other running backs you have Nick Lewis who has returned from his injury, Sophomre Drew Abrams, Sophomore David Bailey, Sr. Arron Beekman, Sr. Darel Wells, Also a Jr Josh Hopper who's recognition isnt so great but will flat out run you over.
So no, Russell is not a one man team at all
No matter how good an athlete is it takes 11 guys on both sides of the ball to win a game so i don't see how it could be a one man show.