•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Malaysian Flight MH 370
TigerBlues Wrote:The Poseidon A-8 has taken off from the Australian air force base south of Perth to and will join assets later with China and of course Australian Royal Air Force to search this hot spot. I say if this search is unsuccessful you can forget it. There is a huge cold front moving in and if you have been following this day in and day out you understand this cold front is like a hurricane here in the USA. If we the (USA) would deploy drones I think we have a better shot at finding this aircraft . But really no country is going to expose their capabilities and this is what is killing this investigation. But in the end I say the USA finds it in later years with a submarine and we will never know

I have completely screwed this up and apologize. It was meant to be on the general discussion thread. I really blew this one, I'm really sorry but since I'm here Go Tigers !
Amid the current developments, I'd be inclined to send a ship out to the current area in question armed with all the bells, whistles, and supplies to confirm or deny this is where the plane, debris, re currently located.

And if so I don't envy the experts who are going to have to determine what the currents have been for over two weeks to attempt to pinpoint where this plane originally crashed into the ocean. If it indeed it did that in the first place.

I have found myself praying for the families of all onboard and hope anyone who reads this will do the same.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Another development that I've waited on for more info but it's the same. French satellite (according to the French) have images of a debris field in the same area that the Chinese and private USA firm images have uploaded as well. The search yielded a wooden pallet and that's all. Today's search had the US Poseidon P-8 the most sophisticated sonar and sub finder in the entire world down to 300ft off the deck due to the brutal weather in the southern Indian Ocean. 60-70 mph winds at the surface will swell the sea to 30-40 ft rollers and good luck trying to find anything in that.
TheRealThing Wrote:One thing that was presented in a bit of a trivial light by the media, was the deal with the cell phones. If the two mysterious Iranians high jacked the aircraft, it would have been impossible for only two men to keep at least one of the 236 aboard from getting off a text or a call. No way stewardesses or knowledgeable passengers would not have been tipped off something was brewing so, awareness by all aboard would have happened early on.

If the pilots were responsible, which seems plausible since military radar picked up the aircraft at an altitude of 45,000 feet, they possibly could have caused unconsciousness to overcome everybody outside the cockpit. And, that would be especially true for sleepy passengers in the middle of the night. The combination of altitude (cell range issues) and lack of oxygen, would explain why nobody used their phone to send or receive any message. In my mind, whatever happened, happened in a way that prevented cell phone communication and that would mean everybody was unconscious for the entire 7 to 8 hours of flying time after the turn. Both pilots were devout Muslims and as such could not have committed suicide from what has been said. So, all that leaves us with would seem to be oxygen starvation, either due to rapid decompression or by some plot possibly gone wrong. Even at that, one would have thought somebody would have called or texted before the turn. The whole thing is too weird.

TRT, I was talking to a friend about this same thing the other day. If the plan was highjacked, someone on that plane would have been able to send a message or something.
I don't trust words, I trust action...
Austrailian and Chinese aircraft confirm objects floating in the Indian Ocean. Malaysian Prime Minister informed families that based on the data MH 370 ended up crashing into the southern part of the ocean. Ships and aircraft are heading to the object field to retrieve any and all floating objects and the USA will launch sonar assets to located the signal of the flight data recorder. Hopefully they can find some hard evidence then mark the signal if they can find it. I think this will take a long time given the remoteness and depth.
Exactly how far was it off path?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Exactly how far was it off path?

Gut if you're talking about the projected path it wasn't that far nautically. Around 600 miles but I think if it wasn't for the NTSB here in the USA the world would still be searching for this thing. They have been correct in their theory since they were asked to be involved. The defense minister from Australia is giving a press conference in about 7 minutes to give a public statement and everyone in the intelligence community are expecting conclusive evidence with pictures of the debris and start moving forward with the investigation. Although it was postponed today due to extremely devastating weather conditions. One Australian ship reported being slammed by a 60 ft wave. Press conference starts in a minute. God bless all that are lost and the ones searching.
Adding one more thing, the season is in change in the Indian Ocean. It's late fall closing in on winter there . Rumors now point that if this down aircraft isn't located very soon the search will be halted until late spring as to when the weather will settle. This ocean mass is the most turbulent in the entire hemisphere.
Malaysia Airlines offers family of missing loved ones $5,000 dollars? Sounds like the lawyers are heavily involved now.

No concrete evidence has been presented in the news conference.
So, after all this debating, conspiracy theories, and CNN's said 24 hour news updates with "experts", it might have been that they just actually crashed?
What a let down for news organizations that were hoping it would be something different...
Maybe; maybe not. It "crashed" 600 nautical miles off course, and that pilot is still a nut bag.
So they built the anticipation up yesterday for a news conference so that Maylasia could say what everyone had already known that the plane crashed in the Indian Ocean and then to say that "all lives are lost"....still doesn't make much sense.....either they know exactly what happened or just trying to save face.
Well, they are refusing to share information.

I also say a report that explained why the cell phones of the passengers still rung DAYS after the plane was lost, and I don't believe it. If my husband's phone is off or dead, it goes straight to voice mail...NO ringing. According to the families who tried to call some of the passengers, their cell phones rang until voice mail answered.

Curious.
The $5000 being reported per family is for travel expenses. I think they'll be choosing another airline on their way to Perth Australia which will become search HQ!

Our country will be providing a small submarine equipped with high tech radar/sonar to attempt to locate the wreckage. I did see a ocean current expert on the news this morning and they are sending ships to the region. My spidey sense was right the other day!

Prayers to the families!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I would imagine the 5k comes with a contract that says that you have settled with the airline and can't sue them.

A few people will take it if a lawyer hasn't called them already to let them know they can sue for a million if they'd like.
Yea...
The 5,000 grand thing is an automatic red flag IMO.
On the cell phone thing I mean...
I may be over thinking but by this time wouldn't you think the phones would be dead?
Not to mention if it did crash, I'm sure the cell phones would be badly damaged and in unworking condition.
Exactly my point!!

Yep they would be dead by now, but they were called within the first 24 hrs.

You just have to excuse me Ballers, I LOVE a good conspiracy theory!!!

Wink
French satellite on March 23rd shows 122 pieces of a debris field. Yesterday's search 3 pieces of debris not related to MH 370. 30 to 50ft swells are making the recovery very difficult then add the vast amount of fog to the area, the air search is also being hampered. The Australian Prime Minister vowed to keep assets in the area "until we find and confirm debris of flight MH 370".

Malaysian Airline CEO has retracted his statement regarding the $5,000 offer saying that it was a "starting point for the immediate family" this after global outcry.

If the weather would dissipate I personally think they start finding and retrieving MH 370 debris. Still this is a monumental task to perform.
This story just continues to get more interesting with each day that passes by!
^no doubt. Thai satellites have shown a debris field of over 300 items. However, when the ships have made it there to check they can't find anything....to be continued....
I like how they've said it "for sure" is at the bottom of the ocean when they haven't found a single piece of the plane!
^Very good point!
Last I read this morning they moved the search area closer to the Australian coast and a plane indicated having spotted something in the water.
An ocean with a lot of debris in it already will contribute to "spotting something in the water." They need to get their arses out amongst the somethings and verify whether their part of a plane or not.

I'd be beyond unraveled if had a loved one on that plane by now. These folks may never get closure. I will pray that isn't the case and the ocean calms enough to get ships out in the region to confirm or deny "leads." Prayers of patience, peace, and tolerance for the families of the lost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
We are past three weeks and still have the same result. I really think at this point the aircraft will not be found. 20 million pounds of trash float in a perpetual circle in the South Indian Ocean and trying to sift through that is an impossible concept IMO. Even the commander of the US ship with the black box recovery sonar said "if this is what I have to work with as a search area given the information and my capability to search 50 square miles a day, I do not expect to find anything." I just wonder how much longer the countries involved in the search are going to say, ok we are tapping out on this given the amount of resources and price tag associated with it.
Maybe in a year or so something will wash up on the west coast of Australia and at least everyone will know it's out there somewhere.
TigerBlues Wrote:We are past three weeks and still have the same result. I really think at this point the aircraft will not be found. 20 million pounds of trash float in a perpetual circle in the South Indian Ocean and trying to sift through that is an impossible concept IMO. Even the commander of the US ship with the black box recovery sonar said "if this is what I have to work with as a search area given the information and my capability to search 50 square miles a day, I do not expect to find anything." I just wonder how much longer the countries involved in the search are going to say, ok we are tapping out on this given the amount of resources and price tag associated with it.
Maybe in a year or so something will wash up on the west coast of Australia and at least everyone will know it's out there somewhere.

I think you're right Tiger. :Sad04:
I can't imagine how tough this is for the families. I remember with JFK, Jr, he had pieces of his airplane wash ashore on Martha's Yineyard. So very sad!
It all just still seems crazy to me. I figured by now SOMETHING would have shown up.
It's a big ocean
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next