Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pugh or Mayo?
Battle Tested Wrote:pugh is the best in the mountains. and most of the state.
if he was playing for trinity ir st.x he would be the best in the state.:Thumbs:
:thatsfunn
If Pugh were at St X or Trinity, he would be on the bench!
This whole thread is ridiculous. Both are fine players. Pugh is more of a offensive player where Mayo is thought of more as a defensive player. I wish both of them the best in their future endeavors.
Old Timer Wrote::thatsfunn
If Pugh were at St X or Trinity, he would be on the bench!
...you beat me to it
Old Timer Wrote:It's called courage, character, and committment...Mayo has them and is a leader.

What, and Pugh doesn't have any of those and isn't a leader. Get real Old Timer. Pugh plays football, basketball, baseball and boxes and is very commited to each. He has been Paintsville's starting QB since he was a freshman, been thru some pretty rough times on the field but did he ever quit, NO, never even thought about it. He knew what kind of team he was gonna be working with going in to this year. He could have left to play for a better team like most big time players would have but he didn't. WHY didn't he leave, because he is a leader and he wouldn't let his friends and teammates down. How many times have you seen Pugh get sacked this year, ALREADY been sacked more this year then he did ALL year last year and I have yet to see him yell and scream at his linemen.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Mayo, he is a great football player, but don't start ragging on Pugh when you know nothing about the kid.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:What, and Pugh doesn't have any of those and isn't a leader. Get real Old Timer. Pugh plays football, basketball, baseball and boxes and is very commited to each. He has been Paintsville's starting QB since he was a freshman, been thru some pretty rough times on the field but did he ever quit, NO, never even thought about it. He knew what kind of team he was gonna be working with going in to this year. He could have left to play for a better team like most big time players would have but he didn't. WHY didn't he leave, because he is a leader and he wouldn't let his friends and teammates down. How many times have you seen Pugh get sacked this year, ALREADY been sacked more this year then he did ALL year last year and I have yet to see him yell and scream at his linemen.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Mayo, he is a great football player, but don't start ragging on Pugh when you know nothing about the kid.
I'd be careful talking to the old timer that way.
He knows more about sports in EKY than many have forgotten, going way back.
And yes, he knows the kids today too...relax, pc u know 98, everyone has their own opinions.
Thanks Fox.
Yeah, I forgot to say, in my opinion.
Not ragging on Pugh, he's a pretty good athlete
Anyone else think this thread has run it's course???
I think so...It really serves no purpose but to stir up things.
Both are good athletes and assets to their respective schools.
Let's leave it at that.
Closed